[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that if you have to clip your dog's nails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 343x147px
Daily reminder that if you have to clip your dog's nails you are abusing it through neglect.

A dog should never need it's nails trimmed. The only reason that would ever happen is if you don't exercise it enough.
>>
Daily reminder for the date of March 23rd, 2017
>>
>>2341095
It's March 24th, 2017 in the civilized world.
>>
>>2340579
Daily reminder that if you have to clip your nails you are abusing yourself through neglect.

A human should never need their nails trimmed. The only reason that would ever happen is if you don't finger yourself enough.
>>
>>2341102
>implying this isn't also true
>>
I dremel my dogs claws back twice a week.

They're exercised plenty, I just can't keep their claws off the ground and prevent them from clicking without trimming them.
>>
>>2341120
>exercised plenty
>still has to clip the nails

loling @ ur life
>>
I had rats who fucking trimmed their own claws as part of their grooming routine.
>>
>>2341099
It's March 23rd, 2017 in the only world super power.
>>
>>2340579
>exercising your dog on concrete
>>
I'm good then. Only dog that needs her nails clipped is ancient, can't do long walks and sleeps almost 24/7.
>>
File: confused nick young.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused nick young.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>2341163
>running on dirt doesn't wear down the nails
>>
>>2341189
not that anon but here in louisiana where I live the humidity never drops below like 60% so the ground is always moist and soft and full of plantlife
My akitas front claws need to be trimmed every couple of months
>>
t. Fido
>>
Ignore this thread. It's clearly just a dog that's trying to get more walks.
>>
>>2341154
...Mexico?
>>
I don't think that's true, OP. Different dogs' nails grow at different rates, some will need clipping more often even if they're exercised plenty. Different terrain wears down the claws more or less as well. Plus, there are dogs who are old or disabled and thus less active and they will need clipping more often as well. And then some people just prefer to keep the claws trimmed a bit shorter to prevent clicking sounds on hard flooring, etc. There are a lot of factors that go into this.

Personally, I have an older dog who is less active and cannot do a lot of running or long walks, so his nails grow out more and need to be clipped. My other dogs' nails for the most part don't NEED clipping very often or at all, but I clip them every two weeks just to keep them on the shorter side. One of my dogs also has rear dewclaws which don't touch the ground when she runs, so those in particular need regular trimming to prevent them from getting too long.
>>
>>2341376
You fell for the bait. Hard.
>>
>>2341399
I have heard people that really think this, though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.