[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an Australian cattle dog (pictured) who gets tons of attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: doggo.jpg (350KB, 1720x968px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
350KB, 1720x968px
I have an Australian cattle dog (pictured) who gets tons of attention in public, especially when I bring him to the beach and especially from females.

In this sense, he is a prick and a cockblock because he is a bad jumper. Like almost as bad as a Boxer. Even though I try to keep his nails trimmed it can still hurt bare skin when he does this, so I often have to tell people they can't pet him.

I can't think of any fix for this. He doesn't jump on me at all anymore because I apply the standard measure of training where I ignore him. How do I get him to act this way toward other people, specifically, strangers?
>>
>>2340233
why not ask the stranger to follow that same method of training? if he goes to jump, have them turn away and don't actually pet him until he's got all 4 paws on the ground.
>>
>>2340235
This is kind of what I expected to hear, and you are probably right. Problem is most people don't listen or understand what you mean.
>>
>>2340236
Ah, yeah I know that feel. When my golden was a puppy he used to jump on people and whenever I'd ask them to push him away or turn away they'd say "oh I don't mind!!"

Like...that's. not. the. point.
It seems fine when he's a puppy, but as he gets older that "harmless" behaviour can accidentally knock someone over or hurt them.

Do you have some friends or family members who wouldn't mind helping you out? Assuming he jumps at people when they enter the house of course. get them to come over, and get him to sit calmly when he goes to greet them at the door. Hopefully that behaviour translates to outdoor situations with strangers
>>
make him sit (or even lie down) when people come over to pet him.
>>
>>2340233
Whenever jumps a person, whip him mercilessly with your belt until he goes paws-up submission, then tell said person to pet him
Chicks dig tough guys
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.