[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever you see a dog on the road do you try to help it if its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: lost-dog-6.png (352KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
lost-dog-6.png
352KB, 600x400px
Whenever you see a dog on the road do you try to help it if its lost? I saw one, and I thought of it, but I didn't want to get my parents mad for bringing in a random dog off the street.
>>
>>2339705
I saw a dog running around a busy street. I had time so I pulled over. He was friendly, I grabbed him by the collar and started asking around. Belonged to a nigger family who took the dog and when I went to leave they just put the damn thing back outside again.
>>
I have never seen a stray dog. If I ever do, I'd absolutely pick it up and try to find the owner. If I had no luck with that and he was a good boy I think I would just keep him
>>
>>2339705
>but I didn't want to get my parents mad
Jesus Christ wasn't nailed to that fucking cross so you could live in your parent's basement at 29 holy fuck

>>2339715
I would've returned with rope

Minorities shouldn't be allowed to own pets or have kids
>>
>>2339786
People too worthless to make money shouldnt have pets or kids. Race has nothing to do with it.
>>
Every time.

>m-m-muh wealth muh vet bills

A poor home is better than no home, retards. OP, always try to locate the owner first. Sometimes it's just someone's lost dog and they're really looking to get it back!
>>
I've helped a fewdogs that got out of the yard and wanted to get inside but couldnt get back into the house.
Cute Shiba led me to the front door and lifted her paw so I'd let her in.
>>
>>2339705
Had a dog that...just kind came to our house one day. We took him in and put found dog photos everywhere, but no one really answered. That was about 4 years ago still have him. Hes a good dog, but he pretends hes dumber then he really is I think
>>
>>2339705
I'd eat it.
spit roast it on the spot.
have a nice campfire going. maybe sleep for the night.
>>
>>2339798
>Race has nothing do with it

It has everything to do with it. There is a reason why most minorities are poor fucks who end up killing more dogs than shelters.
>>
>>2339705
I almost kidnapped some dudes dog 2 weeks ago.

Driving at night. See a little doggo running around in the night, middle of road.
Stop car and get out.
I called to him, he came close but then ran off. So I decided to follow in my car for a bit.
Turned into a 5 minute ride which convinced me this dog might have escaped and gotten lost.
Finally I stopped and gave chase. I ran for over a mile and finally the dog stopped on a porch of some dude I know. Just lied down.
>>
There seem do be loads of dogs going missing near where I live. Either the owners are all retarded or someone is making coats. Or both.
>>
>>2339798
I was talking about socioeconomic minorities.

I would imagine a black doctor or lawyer would know how to take care of a dog
>>
Oh hell yeah. I always help lost dogs. I went up and down two streets finding one dogs house. One dog I had stay with me for 3 days until we found her home. (Turns out it was the one house that didn't answer) the last time was a sweet little poodle I got awfully attached to. He just escaped from the back yard and went home. I saw him and his owner on a walk a few days later. I always try to look for their house for a good 20-80 minutes before I take them home since my husband will try to keep any dog I bring in. I'd just hate to see someone's dog get kidnapped or have to spend a few nights on the scary pound when they can just have a nice bath and sleep in a nice comfortable house until their owner's found.
>>
>>2339987
You say that, but even Barack Obama's pure bred show quality dog, a breed that is specifically known to be incredibly friendly with people and animals and great with kids, still bite someone badly enough to require medical attention and stitches.

Then there's the whole Micheal Vick case too
>>
>>2339705
I want to get every stray I see and re-home them myself but like OP my family will not allow it

In the past we tried to re-home a stray cat and it went poorly (she was mean to our cat) and now it is too much work for both my parents

We do however stop and save any turtles on the road

>>2339786
OP could be underaged for 18-21, which I feel is a reasonable period of time to stay with your parents for economic reasons/because they need someone around the house
>>
>>2339798
Poor whites > poor blacks, especially when it comes to animal care

If you dont believe that it is genetic, it is at least true that whites and blacks have different cultures across class, and the culture most blacks come from has a shitty view towards animals/their care/their role
>>
>>2340079
there are non-white cultures that value animal welfare moreso than is typical for whites.
>>
>>2339798
Sad but true brown people have a different outlook on animals. Abuse is funny yo them. Black people are number one in animal sex/rape as well.
>>
>>2339950
There were these dogs that everytime they escaped they would come to our house. A big German shepherd and Labrador puppy. 3 times they got out. Owners knew where to look the 3rd time. Spooked me when I looked at my door window and a big ass shepherd was staring at me. First time I was like wtf and they went to my white trash neighbors house. I went outside and the fucks were holding the puppy down and tying a rope around its neck in the front yard. My mom went bat shit crazy and went over there to fight off the lady and took the puppy away. Anyway they we found the owners in a few hours.
>>
Whenever I see a dog that seems lost, I try to help them, but for some reason the majority always run away from me, unless I give them food.
>>
>>2340147
I shoot the fucks if they're on my property
>>
>taking dog for a walk in my neighborhood
>small fluffy dog standing on the sidewalk by itself
>no collar and no one around
>just yell "HELLO? HELLO IS THIS SOMEONE'S DOG? HELLO?" because autistic
>lady walks out of house dog is in front of
>"oh there he is" she says and she picks him up and goes back inside

What the fuck? If my dog was just outside by himself I would freak the hell out. We are directly next to a highway. I gave someone else's dog back before I found on a random country road and they acted the same way. These are the same people that have outdoor cats and justify it because "the cat likes it". If I saw a dog now I'd probably just keep walking, their owner probably knows and doesn't give a single fuck
>>
>>2340152
Nice meme.

Anyway I found a dog and it was posted on a Facebook lost animal group. Some black chick was pretending it was hers and was so happy. Seemed off. I asked her if she had her dog fixed and she said yes. It wasn't fixed. The actual owners were a old white couple.
>>
>>2340153
Disgusting. Of course it was a minority trying to steal someone else's pet.

>walking my own dog in my neighborhood
>turn a corner
>big ass german shephard just out on the corner of the sidewalk
>no owner in sight
>rushes me and my tiny dog
>just wanted to be pet
I mean this might've been a shephard mix of something bigger, like a mastiff, but I've had to put that thing back three times now. It's nice neighborhood so there isn't a chance of someone randomly shooting it but I'm 6'4 and that still freaked me out.
>>
Tangential question, but: is it considered rude to ask someone if they fuck their dog?
>>
>>2339705
I've taken this Belgian Shepherd I kind-of-know back to his home twice when I've met him loose in the street.

I've returned a chocolate Labrador to its home.

I've minded a little lost white dog called Bossy in the park until its owners turned up to pick it up.

I've returned another lost little white dog called Enfield to its home.

If I can catch them, and they're wearing a collar with a name tag and phone number on it, I call the number and take them to their home. If they don't have a phone number, I bring them back to my house and call animal management, because every dog is registered annually so they can usually reunite dog and owner.
>>
>>2340334
What the fuck. That's incredibly rude. Don't do it.
>>
>>2340334
Depends, do you fuck your dog?
>>
>>2339798
>race has nothign to do with it
hahahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>2339798
Race has SOMETHING to do with it, at least a little bit. Or culture, at least. People of older generations, especially Asians and Hispanics, will care SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than newer generations do about pets. It's how they were raised and how the country they came from handled their animals for the most part, so of course they're gonna still practice old habits.

I live in a very diverse area, and I know a lot of spanish-speaking people and the majority of them have this rule: "We always did it this way, so that's how I do it." And that's part of their culture. This applies to animals of course.
>>
I see dogs roaming around every now and then but it's always near busy streets and they always run away from me. I try not to chase them because it would put them in more danger obviously, but I feel horrible just watching them go without being able to do anything. I try to look for lost dog signs and if I see one, call the number and tell them the last place I saw the dog. And I do try to call animal control but sadly my area only has one facility and they only focus on emergencies because of how understaffed they are.

Is there anything I can ever do in a situation like that? I get so scared seeing them run along next to cars driving by but I don't want to make them run into the street by getting close to them.
>>
>>2341070
TAKE THEM ALL IF THEY DONT HAVE COLLARS HAVE A CUTE DOGGO FESTIVAL
>>
>>2340349
What a rude question!
>>
I always stop. Always. Most times when I'm driving, I end up losing the dog because it's running and scared, but I have found about a shit ton dogs while walking my dog. I'll usually loop the leash around so I can get the dog strapped in without grabbing their collar and then my dog follows behind off leash.

A fun trick I've found is talking to the dog and telling him to go home if it's too scared to let me get close. Got 4 or 5 of them to lead the way home from doing that. It doesn't work on ones that are really far away from home, but if they're in the surrounding neighborhood then they can usually remember where to go with a little encouragement/someone herding them back.
>>
>>2339705

I don't want rabies. There ain't no cure for rabies man.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.