[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dog has a bleeding section between her thigh and belly and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 56787887846.jpg (66KB, 719x706px) Image search: [Google]
56787887846.jpg
66KB, 719x706px
My dog has a bleeding section between her thigh and belly and I think it was a bite. I assumed then it was from a fight or whatever. Yesterday around midnight I saw a large shadow that scared the shit out of me, it was a possum eating catfood. He was just sitting there next to the bowl, even while I was 5 foot away shining a flashlight at him or as one of our cats were sniffing him. Is it dangerous to cats? Do possums only attack when provoked? Or harbor deadly diseases and whatever else? I know for a fact these dogs hate the fuck out of possums or maybe think we don't like them or whatever so I assume the dogs tried attacking the possum and it fought back. What I want is your opinion, what should I do? Should I try scaring him away or just shoot him? These are the only two options I can think of, if he doesn't disappear these dogs will still try and attack it again which will ultimately lead to it's death but also potential harm to my family too. I don't hate the fuck so would like to just scare the shit out of him but if a romp with two dogs doesn't scare him I am afraid gunshots probably wouldn't keep him away either. Perhaps I might be able to cage him and then I could drive him further away?
>>
>>2339690

That block of text is sorta hard to read.

If I understood it from scanning, I think your cage idea would be good.
>>
Kill the fucker. Possums are nasty shits and will keep coming back to take more food and possibly end up hurting your cat or your dog again. Even if you take it far away it'll just breed and make more of those fucks that will take someone elses food or go through someone elses garbage and injure someone elses cat/dog.
>>
>>2339841
This OP, fucking murder the little shit and I'm not animal expert but I would take my dog and cat to a vet after getting attack by a wild animal
>>
>>2339846
we really can't afford that but i see the wisdom in taking her to the vet. it is worth it to save her life anyways so i will try to take her tomorrow. and i think it may be best i put the possum down. thanks for the posts, im going to go try and find the pest
>>
>>2339841

This.

Light that fucker up next time you see it
>>
I thought that possums don't bite?
>>
Dont kill the possum just cage it and move it. Or dont leave food out at night. Possums cant even carry rabies :/ possums cant carry alot of the common badies because their body temp is so low. Your dog can die from infection if its an open wound tho so make sure you keep it clean. Possums only really care about food so unless your cats are trying to attack, the possum will leave them alone.
>>
>>2339929
>>2339927
I have been reading about opossums, they don't even seem like such bad guys. How have the other posters come to their conclusions that they deserve to die? I have again changed my mind, cage idea is probably the best, we need to buy some stray traps anyways which would work well on the bugger
>>
>>2340174
>How have the other posters come to their conclusions that they deserve to die?
For the same reason you see so many posts about cats being shit, and deserve to die.
Edgelords flexing their muscles on the easiest board to troll. Ignore them and they are powerless.
>>
File: vinnie-gognitti.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
vinnie-gognitti.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Shoot the bastard
>>
>>2340177
By far and away the easiest board to troll is /pol/. /an/ is worthless for bait, you get like two replies? lol there's nobody fucking here.
>>
>>2339855
"We can't afford it" isn't an excuse, the pet may have a disease now. When you have a pet you take on all responsibilities that it comes with, this includes high vet bills. See if friends and family can help, and ask for a payment plan.
>>
>tfw you are eight and your grandfather made you go kill the possum behind his garage with a crowbar and wouldn't take no for an answer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.