[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do I do if a cat decided to invade my house? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1475169421750.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1475169421750.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
what do I do if a cat decided to invade my house?

There's this one cat that started showing up every night. He sleeps on my back yard and eats my dog's food.

I decided to see what would happen if I started feeding my dog during the day instead of leaving the bowl full at night. The cat, upon seeing the empty bowl, decided to mew nonstop, begging for food(apparently).

I don't hate the cat(he isn't hostile to me or my dog), but my dog is a bit scared of him and gets uneasy whenever he's around. Also, doubling the amount of dog food consumed is a pain in the ass.

What's a good, non violent way to make a cat fuck off?
>>
Seems like a stray, try to see if it has an owner or take it to a humane society.
>>
>>2338378
buy a spray bottle, fill it up and spray the cat
>>
i heard a gun works well against cats
>>
>>2338394
I don't think giving the cat a gun will make him go away
>>
>>2338380
This.
>>
Adopt the cat.
>>
>>2338433
I can take care of a dog or a cat, not both at the same time.
>>
>but my dog is a bit scared of him and gets uneasy whenever he's around
how do I know you are a liberal ?
>>
Just scare the cat by looking mean and waving your arms.
>>
>>2338507
>>2338509
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2338378
Spray it with water every time it shows up, it will go away eventually.
>>
>>2338378
Put it in a box and release them in another neighborhood
>>
>>2338507
>libruls reeeeeeeee
>>
>>2338378
Get an empty spray bottle, fill it with water and some lemon juice. Spray in the cats face. The citrus will cause a mild irritation and deter the cat from coming back in future. Repeat until it finally stops trying to get in
>>
>>2338507
Reeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1480761474329.jpg (47KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480761474329.jpg
47KB, 540x720px
>what do I do if a cat decided to invade my house?

It has declared war OP. There is no peaceful way this issue can be resolved. Go and show it that Humanity is not to be fucked with.
>>
>>2338507
If anything I'm right leaning

>>2338380
Haven't found any notices of a missing cat in my neighborhood.

>>2338519
>>2338556
>>2338381

I'll try that.

It broke my heart to see him meowing on my window as I was having breakfast(he slept in the backyard again) but I know that as soon as I give the fucker a piece of bread then he'll move in permanently.

He apparently killed a bat last night. Pretty amazing.
>>
well, scratch all that, I guess, because my mother said she wants to keep the cat.

>inb4 live with your mother

life is rough
>>
>>2338768
secret the cat away in the dead of night, and set it afloat in a basket ala Milo & Otis.
>>
>>2338406
Cats are notorious gamblers. They generally can't turn down a round of russian roulette for the right price.
>>
>>2338718
>Pretty amazing.
Yeah, your Invasive shit beast of a pest killed a possibly endangered animal.
That's something to brag about, just Ike being an irresponsible owner who one day has to scrape thier dead cat off the road. That would be amazing too.
>>
>>2339168
>Conservation status
>Least Concern (IUCN 3.1)

calm the fuck down, did a cat kill your family?
>>
>>2339303
>it's ok, my Invasive shit beast pest killed an animal that wasn't endangered this time.
>>
File: 1444555588147.jpg (148KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1444555588147.jpg
148KB, 500x730px
>>2339307
you're trying to twiddle my squibbles aren't you
>>
>>2339309
Lol, no. You're on an animal and nature board. If you post a pic of your severely obese dog that needs its nails trimmed you'll be criticized for it. If you post about an animal you are responsible for, killing native wildlife you should expect backlash, and rightfully so.
>>
>>2339325
Sorry if I'm not a sentinel that permanently keeps a night watch on the cat that decided to live in my house against my will to prevent him from killing other animals that decided to look for fruits in my back yard and didn't manage to avoid being attacked by said cat despite the fact they can fly, which is why I was amazed.

I took the bat from him and put it on the trash, because it probably had rabies if it couldn't escape a cat.

You're in an animal and nature board, you should understand that animals kill other animals. Bats and cats are both non endangered here, so it's a minuscule issue, if at all.
>>
>>2339330
Cats were a non endangered animal in Australia at one time as well, educate yourself.
The fact cats are harmful to the environment is a truth that people like you need to accept, rather than continuing to make excuses, or just deny out of ignorance.
Keep arguing your narrative all you want, the only thing I'm asking is take responsibility for your fucking pet.
>>
>>2339335
again, it's not my pet, or at least it wasn't before last night, which was after the cat had caught the bat.

Still, how exactly am I supposed to keep bats from entering my back yard, and my cat from catching them while I'm asleep? Even if I recognize that it's bad for the cat to be environmentally insensitive, I can't do anything about it. If I kick him out, he'll just do his cat stuff somewhere else.

If I cried over every gecko, lizard, rat, bat or bird that died in or around my house I'd be fucking depressed right now.
>>
>>2339340
If it's not your cat then why in the fuck are you feeding it?
You take responsibility for your animal by not letting it roam around unsupervised where it can possibly damage itself, or other animals. Then you don't have to worry about being depressed because of the damage it causes. Pretty simple concept.
>>
>>2339342
I'm feeding my dog. The cat helps itself to it. The issue of him invading my house and eating my dog's food against my will was the entire reason I made the thread. On the second night he showed up in my house, he killed a bat.

If my mother does decide to keep the cat permanently, then I'll try to lecture him on how bad it is to kill fauna that decides to wander into our house. I'm not sure if he'll bother listening, though.
>>
>>2339348
I have a dog too, but I can feed it without feeding the local strays as well, not that it matters I wouldn't use it as an excuse anyway.
Welcome to the wonderful world of taking responsibility for your pets.
>>
Can we address the elephant in the room? Chickens kill more small mammals and beneficial wild life than cats do.
>>
>>2339353
True, but few people let their chickens free roam.
>>
>>2339355
Studies show chickens have killed off more birds than cats.
>>
>>2339351
yeah, I did hide the bowl after I noticed the cat was eating from it.

It's still moot though, because although I can hide my dog's food from the cat, I can't prevent the cat from entering my backyard at night, I can't prevent a bat from entering my backyard, and I sure as hell can't prevent one from killing the other.

>>2339356
I've heard of a few people buying chickens when they had problems with rats, (small) snakes or scorpions.
>>
>>2339489
>, I can't prevent the cat from entering my backyard at night
Not leaving food in a bowl is one way.
Trapping it and dropping it off at an animal shelter is another
>>
>>2339490
Yeah, I've switched to only giving my dog food during the day, and not enough that there'll be leftovers.

This is still unrelated to "random cat killed random bat where I lived, I'm a terrible person"
>>
>>2339489
>>2339348

stop thinking of it as your cat. Don't give in to it crying for food. It thought it had an easy routine source of food, you proved it wrong. It will move on eventually just like every other household it did this with before you

You are not responsible for anything it killed on your property, don't think you are, instead be even more determined to make sure the dumb thing realizes it can't get free food from you. And you definitely should be wary now, while bats do have a much lower rate of contracting rabies then other mammals, they become grounded when they are rabid. Cats can catch bats out of the sky of course, but if you have no clue which it is, then best to err on the side of caution. DONT adopt that cat. just let it leave

Heck maybe you should even send that bat corpse to be tested if you still have access to it. If it is tested positive then animal control WILL want to deal with the cat and most likely take it off your hands.

in short, dont reinforce the cats behavior, keep him away from easy access to your food.
>>
OP

you never leave food for your dog in the bowl
put the food down and take if off after 20min

that's like one of the most basic shit
jesus christ
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.