[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was this guy talking about? >99% of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0817.jpg (192KB, 1500x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
192KB, 1500x1009px
What the fuck was this guy talking about?

>99% of the time he makes no sense
>>
He's a hack.

Zak is legit.
>>
>>2336272

Zak George?

Cesar is a hack
>jus' try to shannel you energy
>the dawg reacted to energy and bad speerits
>>
>>2336278
i'm not saying that he's competent but to play devils advocate he is most likely talking about how dogs react to body language and the tone of your voice and just uses words that he thinks set him apart from other trainers and sound less dry.
>>
>>2336267

He appeals to people who can't control their own urges to inflict pain on something out of frustration. His methods are dramatic and make for entertaining tv, but they do more damage than good.

I know someone who uses dominance theory on their dog. As a result, she's a nervous, reactive, bitey, jumpy, whiny, howling, destructive mess. She can't play with other dogs without her hackles raising, and she has a nasty habit of lunging at kids. An anxious dog is a dangerous dog.
>>
>>2336294
>>2336293

So what Is the definitive way to train a dog?

I see this older guy who's trained an English springer spaniel to walk along side him no leash, and carries his newspaper for him.
>>
>>2336347
Depends on the dog. But other wise constant reinforcement.
>>
>>2336347

Make it fun for the dog. Example, my dog is happy to keep his paws on the floor, because he's learned that when he does, he gets attention and treats. His desire for a reward outweighs the desire to jump, so he doesn't jump.
>>
Zak George is a passive-aggressive, arrogant shill. I like "R+" treat training and all but, I can't stand him.

Cesar Millan is a bit nuts but he does make for good tv and I like how he isn't out to make enemies of trainers who use other methods. I don't think his training methodology is very practical for the average dog owner though.
>>
>>2336394
>>2336403
Not that anon, but I'm doing my research, I want to adopt a retired sighthound soon and want it to be properly trained. What things should I train it to do?
So far I got down:
>not pulling the leash on walks
>pissing/shitting outside when owner is home, do it on a specific spot when not home
>not jumping on people
>>
>>2336839

I'd suggest a 'drop it,' a 'leave it,' a 'go ahead,' a 'settle,' and a 'bed time.'
>>
>>2336916
How would 'bed time' work, exactly?
>>
>>2336916
A command for take it as well as lay down, you should get it to heel properly on walks and stay next to you on one side. It should be soft mouthed as well.
>>2336955
Feed the dog while getting it to go into its Crate/Room/Bed but only when it is standing in it. Eventually it will just go to the bed regardless if there is food or not
>>
Zak looks genuinely like the most patience person in the universe
That video with the dog that goes ballistic against trees really shows that, and that his way of training works
And not only that he really gets dogs, anticipating to the behavior and not setting up the dog for failure
Yeah he is a shill but who wouldn't do shit for money
>>
>>2336293
> His methods are dramatic and make for entertaining tv
This. It's why his damn show is so popular and why his rating destroy It's Me Or The Dog and they Nat Geo took up his show after Animal Planet stopped. He makes for decent T.V considering the subject is rather boring.

>>2336797
He kinda turns me off too, not sure why.
Gonna shill Tyler Muto. Only incredibly neutral dog trainer i've seen honestly. Everyone else seems to shill for something or get into petty fights
>>
There is only one correct way to train dogs. I am an dog experts.
>>
>>2337090

>using the 'every dog is different' excuse to justify piss poor, dangerous techniques
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.