[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm not an expert on dogs, but i'm on my second dog,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1332469316806.jpg (536KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1332469316806.jpg
536KB, 1024x768px
i'm not an expert on dogs, but i'm on my second dog, my first was a hotdog that lived to 15 (dachhund, I know the spelling is probably wrong)
it's a white terrier, and I'm thinking about the diet, is dog food really the best option for these animals?
>>
>>2334416
Yes, dog food is the best option. The fuck else would you feed it, hamster food? It's the type and quality of dog food that matters.
>>
you can make your own

i run any recipe by your vet though (or even better a nutritionist if you live near a vet school)
>>
>>2334416

Yes, unless you are willing to get hold of a veterinary nutritionist and formulate a homemade diet with them.

Do not get pulled in by the fads of homemade or raw diets online. Unless it has been formulated by a veterinary nutritionist it will almost certainly be insufficient/over-do some certain nutrients.

Raw (especially whole pray) can and does cause impactions. The risk is not worth it.

Your best bet if you don't fancy phaffing about with paying money for a nutritionist over the dog's lifetime is to buy an AFCO complete dog food- legally they have to cover all a dogs nutrient's needs. After that, go with whatever your dog suits/your budget suits.
>>
>>2334440
This. Best option is a homemade diet of fresh, high-quality foods. Definitely run it by a nutritionist, though. Most people are too stupid and/or incompetent to come anywhere close to a proper diet on their own.
>>
>>2334442
>Raw meat causes impactions
...What exactly do you think dogs ate before processed kibble?
>>
>>2334444
not that anon but the raw diet isn't just raw meat you fucking mongoloid. it includes lots bones, which do chip and splinter even when they aren't cooked.
>>
>>2334444

Dogs who ate bones before kibble had a few lower life expectancy, and probably died of impactions.

So sure, if you want your dog to have a low life expectancy then go for it.
>>
>>2334416
give them a higgh quality dog food and supplement with raw meat once or twice a week
can't go wrong bro
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.