[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ , so I've always wanted a dog but my landlord won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: vileda.jpg (21KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
vileda.jpg
21KB, 564x423px
Hey /an/
, so I've always wanted a dog but my landlord won't allow it so I'm thinking of getting a robotic vacuum instead. From what I've read they're quite trainable and will respond to voice commands. Unlike a dog it won't shit inside either and it will keep the apartment clean.
Anybody here have experience with autonomous vacuums? Which brand should I be looking at, they're priced anywhere from $300 to $1200.
Thanks
>>
Don't tape knives to them.
>>
>>2334389
I never thought of that, i think that would damage my furniture
>>
>>2334388
Be careful when bathing it m8, they dont take well to full water baths like most pets
>>
>>2334395
Kind of like a cat?
>>
Depends on the brand and breed. Roombas are a meme breed as the cheaper ones tend to be fairly retarded. They just wander the room, smashing their face into things for an hour or so before returning back to it's cage to sleep. Sometimes they can get stuck and can't find their way back and you gotta move their dumbass back, so you'd have to pick up loose cables and Roomba proof the space beforehand. Some of them can be trained to learn dates, time, and even be directed to where to go/not go with training tools such as an IR remote and virtual walls. The higher end ones are more smarter, maps out the room as it goes, like to come out to play longer and will remember where it left off once it goes back to sleep if you live in a big space but tend to be much more expensive than other breeds to justify the cost. The cheaper, retarded ones are fine as a beginner robot though if you find it from a breeder for a low price, but there are cheaper brands around.
>>
>>2334412
Thanks for the info
>>
>>2334388

Hot glue a pistol to it with an extendo clip, the more rounds the better. Then, connect a fishing line to your tv stand and the trigger. Now, turn it on.

t. /k/
>>
>>2334388
If you or anyone that spends a significant amount of time in your home have long hair, get one of the "brushless" breeds. The roller on the brushless roomba is easy enough to pop off and remove hair/string without much effort and you don't risk the motor seizing.
>>
This is a good thread.
>>
>>2334388
damn not another pol raid
>>
>>2334698
Thanks for the info
>>
>>2334388
This makes me sad
>>
>>2334388
OP what the hell, why not get a support dog? You clearly need help if you think a vacuum will keep you comany.
>>
>>2334388
You should get a used one honestly, they need homes too
>>
>>2334973
>orphaned vacuum robots
>>
>>2334978
#vacuumlivesmatter
>>
>>2334388
Don't forget to get him neutered, you don't want to be responsible for stray Roomba populations cleansing the streets.
>>
>>2335646
The more tech heavy neighborhoods in Japan already have serious issues with roving packs of feral robot vacuums. You can't imagine the horror of them cornering a small child.
>>
File: a weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg (28KB, 349x287px) Image search: [Google]
a weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg
28KB, 349x287px
>>2334389

Found the Britbong!
>>
>>2335712
That filename
Kek
>>
File: Guard Bot.jpg (53KB, 534x950px) Image search: [Google]
Guard Bot.jpg
53KB, 534x950px
>>2334388
i was in the same situation when i was you OP. I was in the military living in the barracks and they never let us have any pets. there was a stray cat outside i petted every once in a while, but that didn't feel the void. Single military life is hard cause we are constantly doing training like sleeping in tents away for two weeks or working 12 hours a day. Two years ago i bought my Roomba and i never looked back. He has yet destroyed any furniture and he cleaned up after himself and he doesn't require much attention. now that i am married and out the barracks, i needed something to keep my wife safe while i was at work. this is were the roomba get better. They are also great guard bots for keeping the house safe from burglars. Little maintenance is required and you have to keep cords away from them, they will chew them up. Honestly 10/10
>pic related my pet roomba of 3 years :^)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.