[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: video-1489397076(1).webm (864KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
video-1489397076(1).webm
864KB, 640x368px
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm scared and you have helped me before.
My almost 2 years old dwarf hamster, named Papi, has acted a bit strange the last couple of days.
He is a bit drowsy and don't really react to me.
Makes sounds and just sits down and does the thing in the video.
He eats his food and drinks water.
He has moments when he acts normal.
>>
he's gasping for breath, you should go to the vet as soon as possible
>>
>>2334276
Thank you!
Also read somewhere you can use thyme tea or something like that, do you know anything about that?
>>
Change his litter/bedding to newspaper or cloth for a few days. Certain wood shavings give off a lot of dust that causes respitory issues.

Also try putting a humidifer in your room, or putting the cage inthe bathroom with you while you shower so he can get a bit of steam to help his lungs out a bit. Make sure his cage has good airflow going on as well, and check what foods are safe for himto eat-he could be having some kind of allergic reaction.

Start googling his symptoms.
>>
>>2334285
Just changed the bedding, isn't it a bad idea to give them newspaper, the ink and all that, can't I use kitchen paper instead?
I give him, and my other dwarf hamster the same food, will try with the showering and the tea.
Would like to keep the vet as a last resource..
>>
>>2334289
Google the tea before you give it to him, a lot of foods that are safe for us can kill a different species, so double check it and make sure it isn't off of someblog post.

Yea, that paper is probably fine, I just know that there are all kinds of accounts of rodents getting respitory infections and complications from heavy dust wood shavings. As for food, don't know. Just google the ingredients.

I mean, I personally would take it to a vet, but I get it that you don't want to. Still, try something because it is suffering if it's breathing like that.
>>
>>2334294
I did google it, thyme tea seems to be a common remedy, thank you so much for the help!
>>
>>2334295
Update us if you can OP, and I hope he gets better
>>
>>2334297
I'll try, I'm in class right now, so my girlfriend are changing the bedding, it seems he is crawling in the bedding, wouldn't he not do that if he had dust in his lungs?
>>
>>2334298
OP here, while my girlfriend was changing the bedding, Papi was as fast as ever.
My girlfriend had poured the food out, so he had easier access, but he ate on his own!
I hope he is better now and it was caused by his old bedding.
If it's still happening by Wednesday, then I'll take him to the vet.
>>
>>2334298
Not the dust but chemicals of the type of wood. I think cedar is bad for rodents or maybe it was pine.
>>
>>2334310
It seems as both does are bad, Aspen is seemingly the only good one.
>>
>>2334310
I think I'll get the good stuff, as recommended by this site:
http://dwarfhamsterblog.com/best-hamster-bedding/
>>
>>2334310
>>2334313
all wood chips are bad

>>2334289
newspaper is fine as long as there's no glossy pages. the ink is vegetable based
>>
>>2334354
>newspaper is fine as long as there's no glossy pages. the ink is vegetable based

Even here in Denmark?
All I could find was that it is oil based or soya based, with coloring.

If I remove all the woodchips a replace it with Carefresh, how long until I would see an improvement in his health?

Also the thyme tea is done, decided to give him it by mealworms, one worm and tea per hour.
Then I'll do the shower thing.
>>
OP here.
I can't remember when the last time I've cried like this, well, it might have been when I was told I couldn't see my mom again, or when I knew my little sister became a girl I once lived with.
The sudden burst of energy, the declining health, and now he won't eat his meal worms.
I know enough to know that I might not need them anymore, he is almost 2, Russian rarely gets beyond the age of two, I like to pamper my pets, giving them lots of fruit, making sure it isn't poison for them.
I'm going to miss him.
>>
That sucks. I know a lot about losing pets. I treat my pets better than my family so I understand what you mean. I'm sorry.
>>
>>2334397
OP you're gonna make me cry now too
>>
>>2334397
Keep treating him OP, but prep yourself as well. He isn't done till he's done.
>>
>>2334464
I know, I'm getting a time at the tomorrow, take a day off! It's game dev anyway, we are work how you feel like it.
Just hope the vet has time.
>>
>>2334466
I'm sure if there's anything to be done, the vet will figure it out. And if not, then at least they can make him more comfortable.
>>
take him out back and explode him with your boot
>>
File: 15524.gif (441KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
15524.gif
441KB, 500x284px
Just took a steaming hot shower with him in a shoe box, and my girlfriend looking after no water splashed on him or anything.
He started eating the thyme tea meal worm that was around, ate some carrot and had a healthy poop or something stuck, still taking him to the vet.
Guys, I'm so happy right now!
Thank you for your support!
>>
>>2334482
Happy to hear OP. Keep us posted.
>>
I'm taking off to the vet in a couple minutes now, hope he can be fixed fast so he can come back home.
>>
>>2334865
good luck OP
I might not necessarily like hamsters but your doing good by yours and you obviously care alot for him
>>
File: IMAG0463.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0463.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
>>2334869
Thanks.
Just came back, he had cancer which gave him an infected scar on his belly.
He is asleep now and I'm preparing a little burial for him, thankfully I live near a forest.
Pic related, Papi going to sleep.
I miss you.
>>
>>2334898
Sleep tight Papy
>>
>>2334898
Poor little guy. At the very least you made his hamster life a happy one. You did well OP.

/f
>>
>>2334898
Sleep tight homie
>>
>>2334263
just FYI I have notified the authorities of the way you treat your hamster and I hope they will step in soon and remove them from your home to prevent further damage.
Have a nice day.
>>
File: IMAG0464.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0464.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
So has he been buried, some fun facts, the flower hadn't bloomed when I picked them, so I was surprised to see them flowering for my little Papi.
He was buried in an apple tea box, he loves apples, I could give him a piece and look away for a minute and he would either drag it into his house or have eaten it.
Goodbye Papi, the bravest dwarf hamster on earth, thanks for the happy years.
>>
He was buried under a tree overlooking a river, a nice quiet place.
>>
>>2334898
>>2334938
>>2334939

Bless you anon. And bless Papi

RIP
>>
>>2334964
Thanks, here is an image from his younger days.
>>
>>2334898
>>2334938
>>2334939
https://www.youtube.com/embed/QclETzGxYtg?start=17&end=23
>>
>>2334976
He was a cute. Least you did everything you could for the guy.
>>
>>2334939
this made me genuinely sad.
OP, you are great
>>
RIP ham. that was a beautiful funeral you gave him. I kinda just threw mine over a bridge into the ocean when he passed.
>>
>>2334898
It's a horrible thing, poor creatures are innocent. Evil humans live for many years, inflicting the world with misery, and cute creatures who love to nibble and burrow are stolen too soon.
>>
>>2337713
>Evil humans live for many years, inflicting the world with misery
The 80s called, they want their meme back.
>>
>>2334933
er...what? have you read the rest of this thread? OP loves this hamster more then most people love their family >.>
>>
>>2334933
What degree of mental retardation do you have?
>>
>>2334403
>better than my family

you have issues that need to be addressed, anon. just sayin' is all.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.