[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we have a rescue dog, mostly sure she's whippet/pit bull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: C5l8mOjUYAAdcv-.jpg (156KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5l8mOjUYAAdcv-.jpg
156KB, 720x1200px
So we have a rescue dog, mostly sure she's whippet/pit bull mix. She's been very sweet if extremely hyper but I'm worried about her sudden show of aggression around other dogs today.
>>
File: C6hK3BMWwAAk97q.jpg (124KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6hK3BMWwAAk97q.jpg
124KB, 720x1200px
When we went to the vet a four month old golden retriever wouldn't stop pouncing on her. She growled and showed her teeth. That was pretty understandable but she shied away from other dogs most of the rest of the visit.

Tonight we were approached by a German Shepherd off his leash. I know this dog so I encouraged her to sniff him. She was fine, even when the second shepherd came up.

Then the owner's boxer came to investigate, one of the shepherds started barking and she freaked out. Like, FREAKED. Snarling, barking and snapping. The owner came and got his boys and as soon as they were gone she was fine.

I'm just a little worried at how aggressively she responded. It was probably the shepherd barking that scared her, but I'm not sure how to handle this.
>>
Need more info. How was her body language? Did she lunge, bite? How was the other dogs language, did they instigate it?
Most of the time you can tell how your dog is feeling just by looking at them. Being able to read dog body language and being able to remove them from the situation if they're distressed is a key to preventing conflicts.
>>
File: C5l8oi2U8AADz2B.jpg (114KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5l8oi2U8AADz2B.jpg
114KB, 720x1200px
Anyway, any encouragement or advice would be appreciated. I just want to make sure I'm not making excuses for her, or alternately, giving her too much credit. I've just never had a dog react aggressively like this.
>>
pits are the niggers of dogs
also one drop rule
>>
>>2332174
The first time she was physically moving away from the puppy and he wouldn't stop. She gave him plenty of chances to stop.

It was a little harder to tell tonight because it was dark. She greeted the first shepherd with her tail up and wagging and seemed okay, the second shepherd she seemed a little more cautious but not scared. It wasn't until the third dog and the shepherd started barking that she went low to the ground and snapping. It was kind of a blur at that point because I started trying to pull her away but the other dogs kept following her so she kept snarling.
>>
>>2332174
Nevermind, posted from early.
Your dog sounds just a little nervous around stranger dogs and has boundaries. You'd want her to interact with calm dogs and don't push her limits with dogs that don't have manners. All you can really do is keep an eye on interactions. Praise her for being good, offer treats for good behavior or ignoring shitty dogs. Make meeting dogs rewarding.
>>
File: C3rNFcmUkAAOpmb.jpg (149KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3rNFcmUkAAOpmb.jpg
149KB, 720x1200px
>>2332180
thank you that's very helpful. she's been good around the cat and other people. i guess i'm stimulating her too much too fast.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.