[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me, /an/. You're my only hope. You ever see Caddyshack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 21

Help me, /an/. You're my only hope.

You ever see Caddyshack? Remember Bill Murray's war with the gophers?

Well I've got an ongoing war with squirrels.

I live in a condo complex, and provide landscaping for the complex. I am also an avid gardener, or at least, I was until autumn 2016.

We had a hard winter with an unusual amount of snow, which must be what set them off. The little bastards have dug up every single planter and container in the complex. The flowers, the vegetables gardens, the small ornamentals...all dug up by the roots and dirt and mulch scattered everywhere. The only they've left alone are the trees.

Trapping, poisoning, and shooting isn't an option here, and we are next to a forested park, so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

We've tried netting and wire netting(they chew through it), burying plant stakes (they dig them up), tiger piss and capsacin and neem oil (haha yeah right). The complex has cats, dogs, and the occasional coyote visitor, and the squirrels just don't give a fuck.

I'm at my wits' end, /an/ How the fuck do I deter these little bastards?
>>
Are you sure it's squirrels digging up the containers and planters? Typically if it's not a food source a squirrel is not going to be foraging in it.
>>
>>2331964

I am certain it is squirrels. We've set up video cameras.

In one patch of dirt that was 10 ft x 20 ft, a couple of squirrels dug over two hundred holes in a single night.

They will dig down 6-8 inches.

Sometimes they bury stuff in them (acorns, nuts) but usually they are just digging, looking for old food caches.

I don't know why they dig up the container plants. Typically they will nibble on the plant a little, then dig around it until the uproot the plant completely.
>>
File: hh-us-lc-squirrel-rid-2b.jpg (18KB, 395x428px) Image search: [Google]
hh-us-lc-squirrel-rid-2b.jpg
18KB, 395x428px
It is a weird situation. Squirrels are crazy destructive. The state agricultural commission says that they are responsible for millions of dollars worth of crop and property damage every year. I know contractors who make a lot of money off of fixing damage from squirrels chewing through wiring and siding and anything else they can get heir teeth on. They also drive songbirds away from nesting and feeding sites, which is well documented.

They breed like rats. A single pair can produce 16+ babies in a year.

And yet if if you call the Master Gardeners' or local Tilth helpline, they will tell you that squirrels only nibble on plants very rarely and don't pose any serious problem for gardeners or homeowners. Then they recommend that you support local wildlife by feeding the squirrels or providing nesting boxes for them.
>>
this is now a squirrel appreciation thread
>>
File: squirrelsplits.jpg (160KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
squirrelsplits.jpg
160KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: squirrelhangin.jpg (107KB, 634x637px) Image search: [Google]
squirrelhangin.jpg
107KB, 634x637px
>>
File: squirrellounge.jpg (96KB, 964x455px) Image search: [Google]
squirrellounge.jpg
96KB, 964x455px
>>
>>2331971
Ok, I know exactly what you are going through, I dealt with it last year, I had hundreds of those holes all around my house and foundation. It was ground squirrels. What worked for me was a live trap called the "chipmunkinator".
I caught over twenty of the destructive little shit's last fall, and will have to do it again this spring.
>>
>>2331985
SO squirrels are Muslims basically.
>>
>>2332046

Sweet Fuckin Jesus On A Pogo Stick, is there any goddamn thread on any goddamn board on any goddamned corner of the internet that you filthy neckbeard /pol/lacks and cumsucking Stormfags and functionally illiterate Breitbart trolls won't shit all over with your whining?

Go ahead, tell me more about how you would be a happy, fulfilled person and stunning alpha if it weren't for the existence of Muslims and Jews. Tell me more about how you think people who are an inferior species are somehow keeping you down and preventing you from reaching your true potential. TELL ME MORE.
Go Ahead. Why post animal pictures or discussions? Just spout shit endlessly. And tomorrow, when you wake up, make sure you log onto the internet to distract yourself before you can think about how much all those hours of flaming in your "redpill" circle jerk have changed or improved your life and made the world a better place. Immerse yourself in more shitposting so you don't have to think about how scared you are of the world outside your shit-flinging echo chamber.
>>
>>2332044

OP here.

Thanks, anon. I will check that out.
>>
File: 131705064097.jpg (292KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
131705064097.jpg
292KB, 1024x683px
>>2332059
uh oh....we found the black transgendered Muslim!
>>
File: Horse-Head-Squirrel-Feeder-1.png (324KB, 620x328px) Image search: [Google]
Horse-Head-Squirrel-Feeder-1.png
324KB, 620x328px
>>
File: you-must-become-the-squirrel.jpg (45KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
you-must-become-the-squirrel.jpg
45KB, 500x370px
>>2331959
>>
>>
Try rubber snakes and plastic owls. Snakes in low places, owls in high ones. You can get them in most hardware shops for exactly this purpose.
>>
File: stock-photo-139602413.jpg (68KB, 1100x769px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-139602413.jpg
68KB, 1100x769px
>>
>>2332064
>>
File: sexy-squirrel-costume.jpg (328KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-squirrel-costume.jpg
328KB, 1750x2500px
>>2332070
>>
File: tightropewalker.png (483KB, 853x479px) Image search: [Google]
tightropewalker.png
483KB, 853x479px
>>
File: baldsquirrel.jpg (24KB, 480x349px) Image search: [Google]
baldsquirrel.jpg
24KB, 480x349px
>>
File: giraffe-tongue-03.jpg (57KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
giraffe-tongue-03.jpg
57KB, 500x350px
>>
>>2332059
fuck off dumb muzzie
>>
File: muzzyandproud.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
muzzyandproud.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>2332079

Quelle réponse réfléchie et articulée
>>
File: First Baby Squirrels 2014.jpg (409KB, 1484x1113px) Image search: [Google]
First Baby Squirrels 2014.jpg
409KB, 1484x1113px
>>
File: baby-squirrels.jpg (65KB, 930x1086px) Image search: [Google]
baby-squirrels.jpg
65KB, 930x1086px
>>
>>2332277

What kind of animal is Muzzy?
>>
File: Baby-Squirrels-girl.jpg (60KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Squirrels-girl.jpg
60KB, 600x339px
>>
>>2332284

an algae infested polar bear
>>
squirrels are shit
>>
>>2332059
/pol/ are the muslims of 4chan, showing up uninvited and ruining everything.
>>
>>2331959
>How the fuck do I deter these little bastards
>Grey squirrel
A bullet
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.