[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a currently commonly wild animal that you expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: agoodmommy.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
agoodmommy.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
What's a currently commonly wild animal that you expect will be a widely domesticated household pet within the next hundred years?

Pic related for sure.
>>
Mares
>>
>>2331420
Don't these guys only live like 4 years though :C
>>
>>2331420
hopefully Racoons and maybe Skunks? Foxes too I know they're already doing them but just maybe making them more common?
>>
>>2331429
Usually less that 2 in the wild and about 3 in captivity.
>>
>>2331429
>>2331443
If people can own rats with around the same life expectancy, they should be fine with a lil' opossum.
>>
Domesticated sea lions would be dope af
>>
>opossums
almost certainly. they're virtually harmless to humans (to begin with the wild ones rarely if ever will bite/attack a human and the ones raised as pets are sweethearts and docile as fuck), and there's the whole neat factor with them being marsupials (probably the only marsupial that won't tear your fucking face off, I think). The short life expectancy does present a lot of problems though.

>mares
Goes to show what I know about mares I always thought a good majority of them were domesticated

>raccoons
yeah I can kinda see this happening. It'll be like cats where after it's too late for us to change our minds we'll realize they wanted us for our servitude.

>skunks
probably!

>foxes
least likely sorry because, i haven't heard of anyone with a pet fox that didn't have some destructive tendencies and they play pretty rough. I also remember seeing some documentary where I think scientists were doing a study on domesticating foxes over generations and what they found was the later generations were looking quite different from the OG (domestication causes them to change their fur colors for some reason. maybe evolution/DNA figures they don't need those things for some reason if they've got humans looking out for them? lol) and so what I'm basically getting at with all my rambling is: even if you do have some domesticated foxes in the future, they probably won't look a thing like the lovely red foxes you mostly see in the wild.
>>
>>2331420
Russian domesticated fox if someone could ever fucking get one intact from them.
>>
>>2331450
>least likely
>foxes

Funny. There's already a domesticated line of them. It literally took the Russians fifty years to domesticate them.

The scientist who started the project, would shoot all of the young foxes who showed too much fear towards people. The calmest would be kept and bred together.

The foxes they have now are completely friendly towards people and show traits common amoung domesticated dogs.

>unusual coloring
>curley tail
>smaller teeth
>lighter bone density
>>
>>2331450
Also meant to add that there foxes with the original colors- the most common still among the domesticated fox. The original colors won't ever go away unless it's artificially selected against- just like all other domesticated animals.
>>
>>2331455
the traits are actually those common among inbred mutants, from the mental deficiency ("calmest") to the bone deformities (curly tail, smaller teeth, low bone density)
>>
you can't domesticate an animal in 100 years. I think you mean become commonly captive bred for the purpose of being pets.

and no, the average person hates oppossums. I don't think there will be enough demand to warrant it even if it is possible, and even if they would make good pets
>>
>>2331426
Mares are domesticated
What's makes you think they'll be household pets?
>>
>>2331440
coons definitely. they're so cute and smart.
>>
this doesn't deserve its own thread so i'll ask in a thread about domesticating trash animals such as the possum-

im a taxidermist/bone collector by hobby, but i live in the city, so unless people send me specimens or i go way out inawoods to search, i rarely ever find anything.

there's a squad of raccoons that knock over my bins and eat local cats, think anybody would mind if i put some cat food out there with some draino in it to bag me one? i'd certainly be doing the neighborhood a favour imo
>>
>>2331709
>cat food out there with some draino
>draino
If you aren't trolling, kill yourself.
>>
>>2331749
is it because i spelled it wrong

well excuse me princess, what would you recommend
>>
>>2331750
Crush up some glass into a fine powder then sprinkle it in the cat food and leave it for the coons
>>
>>2331420
Servals
>>
File: IMG_5932.png (108KB, 400x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5932.png
108KB, 400x171px
dolphins will certainly domesticate humans by 2100
>>
>>2331709
no the raccoons do your neighborhood a favor by eating the cats
>>
It would be pretty cool if it were tayras, genets or wallabys.
>>
>>2331420
Honestly for 100 entire years I see gene-edited animals to begin to become pets. Exactly which ones would depend how the technology worked but I could see variations of lots of the smaller mammals being kept.
>>
>>2331420
Why a possum? No one wants these things. I can't see them ever being in demand. People are way more into foxes and raccoons.
>>
>>2331750
Draino takes to long and the thing will die later. You're better off setting up a trap over a deep water bucket and rigging the trap to drop after the animal gets in.
>>
>>2331420
Genetically engineered animals that would be docile and probably smaller than their wild counterparts.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 228x221px
>>2331750
Literally anything that isn't acid throat fuck death. That's like death by fire levels of fucked up. I don't care about killing shit but using the most fucked up way you can to kill isn't real cool.

Poison in particular I find fucked up because it doesn't necessarily stay in the thing you kill. If a hawk eats a strychinine'd rat it dies too. Some retards on the farm would put rat poison out in the building that had the peafowl in it without realizing the peafowl have no problem slurping mice when they can get them. Dumbshits.

If I wanted a racoon I'd use a havahart with tuna or something and a .22. Or like someone else said some kind of container rigged to fall on entry.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.