[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dogs, males dogs specifically, almost universally hate me, they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487638338554.png (785KB, 768x771px) Image search: [Google]
1487638338554.png
785KB, 768x771px
dogs, males dogs specifically, almost universally hate me, they're either scared, try to get away from me, or bark maliciously. do they smell my fear? am I a bad person? it really makes me self conscious.
>>
>>2331185
You have the virgin scent
>>
>>2331185
>do they smell my fear? am I a bad person?
Possibly both. Most likely it's just that said dogs aren't well socialized with men.

Your body language is probably affecting the dogs too. If you're tense than that is going to make some dogs nervous. Especially if you make eye contact with the dog/s. Staring at a strange dog is just going to make the dog uncomfortable. An uncomfortable dog is either going to react with flight or fight.
>>
Dogs judge you immediately when they meet you.

As other anons said, if you are tense and fearful they will pick up on it and in turn become tense and fearful.

Try to keep your shoulders back, don't keep eye contact - but don't completely look away from them, just occasionally look at their face and if you're petting it don't be afraid to just look at the owner and talk to them.

If you have a hood/long hair that covers your face move them back so they can see you.

Hold out your hand for them to sniff, hold your hand flat, and vertically so that if they try to bite you they have a harder time. If they move back, seem uncomfortable, bark, etc, don't keep trying to interact with them, it will make them more uncomfortable and increase their dislike of you and they might bite if you aren't careful.

If you know the owner, ask for time to get to know the dog by playing with it and giving it treats. You may just need to get time to get to know the dog and them you.
>>
>>2331185
what race are you?
>>
>>2331185
It's got a lot to do with body language like the other anons said. When dogs are shy or apprehensive, I try to get down low, face my body away from them, and avoid eye contact and it usually works. I've noticed most dogs prefer to be scratched on the butt above the tail when you first meet them. (sort of like shaking hands rather than making out with someone you fitst meet, i'm assuming)
>>
>>2331185
are you black?
>>
>>2331248
>>2331268
This is a valid question, not even trying to start some /pol/ shit

Some dogs just have trouble seeing the faces of dark-skinned people, so they react like they would to someone wearing mask. Most dogs fucking HATE masks, even if their owner is wearing one.
>>
>>2331185
Your skin dark?
>>
You got facial hair/deep voice?
>>
>>2331185
>>>/x/
>>
>>2331268
>>2331284
One of my dogs is racist and i am so fucking ashamed of her
>>
>>2331372
>I'm ashamed because my dog is smarter than me
>>
>>2331372
Dogs can't be racist.
Only heterosexual, working, white males can be racist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.