[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fiancee and I want to get a dog. I've got experience,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 10-threequarters.jpg (89KB, 680x516px) Image search: [Google]
10-threequarters.jpg
89KB, 680x516px
My fiancee and I want to get a dog. I've got experience, my parents have had a westie since I was like 5 and my sister has two husky/german shepherd mixes. My fiancee has not had a dog before but wants a corgi. I want an Australian Shepherd. Any input?
>>
Don't get a corgi because it's in fashion. The poor guys have lots of health complications.
>>
>>2329889
I agree to not get a corgi because of fashion. I suggest to get a corgi for the beauty, the smile, the talkativeness, and the endless healing and companionship they'll provide you. Get a corgi once you love corgis.

The potential for health issues is exaggerated. All dogs suffer from some.
>>
>>2329871
If you're able to handle its high energy level (I'm assuming that's one reason you want it) I say get an Aussie. In my experience, they tend to a be a lot friendlier and have more people-pleasing attitudes than corgis. Both are cute, but hopefully your GF realizes that corgis aren't "small" dogs at all and actually need a ton of exercise. Best of luck!
>>
>>2329871
Family pets =/= dog experience. You are giving us useless information anyways. How much are you willing to pay for a dog outright (like adoption) and yearly? How active are you? How long would you be willing to walk in a day? Play? Train? Would you prefer a dog good with kids? Cats? Small animals? Dogs? Do you want a dog that is wary of strangers? How much time are you going to be putting into training? etc etc

>>2329900
>All dogs are prone to illness so just get an unhealthy dog!
Shit logic to be honest. No matter what breed you should look for the healthiest pup out there
>>
You need to be goddamn sure about your fiancee's motivations as well.

A lot of women consider getting a puppy as a "trial run" for having a baby, and it generally always ends poorly, with the dog either getting rehomed or being neglected after having children of their own.
>>
>>2329902
All OP has to do is buy from a reputable breeder that has done all of the necessary health checks.
>>
>>2329871
She only wants a corgi so she can whore for attention on social media.
>>
>>2329911
The issue with women is mainly that they lack discipline. They call them fur babies and act as if they're really children. They don't ever discipline the dog, especially consistently, then get mad when it's not a cute perfect behaving dog.
>>
>>2329977

>tfw I got a Corgi
>tfw when I don't even use social media or posts pictures of anything
>>
>>2329977
You must be a fun guy to talk to
>>
>>2329981
Kys, sick of this bullshit attitude on /an/ of all places. Go back to r9k.
>>
>>2330030
>I've literally never been in public
>>
Australian Kelpies are amazing dogs. The red and fawn Kelpies are good looking.

>>2329902
>All corgis are unhealthy!

Not if you buy from working-line breeders who breed for health and ability
>>
>>2330033
>I've literally never talked to a woman
>>
>>2330039
I think the problem is he has spoken to women and understands their motivations. I swear I see more women rehoming their dogs or bringing unwanted puppies into the world than I do men.
>>
>>2330190
Men are more likely to stick it in a backyard/on a chain and keep it as a possession, but give it a shit life.
>>
>>2329981
>he thinks you need to discipline a dog for it to behave well
Insecure beta manlet detected, please follow >>2330030 's advice
>>
Didn't you post this exact thread a couple months ago? I feel like you got chased off and told to never own an animal for some shit or another. Decided to try again eh?
>>
>>2330030
>Kys, sick of this bullshit attitude on /an/ of all places. Go back to r9k.
All he said was women lack discipline, if that's enough to get you triggered you should go back to your safe space.
>>2330276
>>2330268
>t. Roasties
>>
>>2329871
>I want an Australian Shepherd.

Then what is there to discuss man?
>>
>>2330268
Might want to drink some wine and let you kitty to calm down. Women tend to be terrible dog owners.
>>
>>2329902
So what you're saying is not "don't buy a corgi" but "don't buy a shit corgi", despite initially saying the prior?

And you're accusing me of shit logic?
>>
>>2330340
bad woman owner
>misbehaving chihuahua
bad male owner
>pitbull tearing up small dog on street, while owner kicks it in an attempt to make it stop, in vain
>>
>>2330358
careful he's gonna call you a cuck anytime soon
>>
>>2330353
>>2330037
>>2329963

I never said don't buy a corgi or all corgis are unhealthy. Only to not justify buying an unhealthy dog because lol lotsa dogs have issues so who cares.
>>2330353
Im accusing you of shit logic and now I'm also accusing you of being dumb because you can't differentiate between two posts or make an argument for one point without having to piggy back on another.
>>
>>2330380
You're just shrieking over being rebuked now. You obviously haven't been socialized properly, and your parents should be ashamed of the job they did raising you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.