[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend day off with dog >go hiking and to the dog park

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0372.jpg (77KB, 1216x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.jpg
77KB, 1216x668px
>spend day off with dog
>go hiking and to the dog park
>realize you'll always outlive your best buddy

How do you cope, /an/?
>>
>>2327213
Lots of crying.
>>
>>2327213
>realize you'll always outlive your best buddy
>implying suicide isnt an option
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
Tfw when my 16 year old westie is ready to kick the bucket
>>
i cope by knowing that doggos are the most based animal on the planet and when my buddy goes there will be another based doggo who needs a person that i can bring home
>>
> BARK BARK BARK
>*licks nuts*
>*shits on your floor*
Wow, truly man's best friend...
>>
>>2327235
Dogs are better people than you.
>>
>>2327235
t. faggot that doesnt train his dog to behave properly

Have fun dying alone an hero
>>
>>2327235

>Leave gate open all night
>wake up see it
>doesn't matter because my doggo loves us
>happy to see me
>"you're a good girl"
>>
>>2327247
>>2327250
friendly reminder that this is probably a catposter and catfags are currently butthurt because they don't accept to go back to /b/ and that /an/ is rightful doggo clay.
>>
>>2327254
Yeah Dogs are so much better
*chews your shit*
*fucks your leg*
Oopsie looks like you have to feed me now
>>
>>2327267
>cat smells like piss and shit
that's it, that's all they do
>feed cat so it can produce more piss and shit

stay mad stinky catfag
>>
>>2327235
>implying I wouldn't lick my own nuts if I could
>implying my dog takes malevolent shits

He's man's best friend until he starts fucking my bitch and stealing my blunts.
>>
File: 960.jpg (127KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
127KB, 960x540px
would you rather die before your dog?
>>
File: IMG_20170305_134755_600.jpg (2MB, 2988x3075px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170305_134755_600.jpg
2MB, 2988x3075px
Knowing i protected her smile
>>
>>2327235
cuck
>>
>>2327213
>adopting a 10 yo shepherd soon
I hope that he'll stay around for a while...
>>
>>2327213
IT WAS A FUCKING DO-
>>
Knowing I gave them a good life helps. My dogs have been adopted from various situations and without intervention some would have been stuck there or died. Even if you bought your dog, there's always a pretty good chance someone far shitter than you could have gotten it since most owners are retarded.

When your bud dies, you just repeat the process. You did your duty and if you can, get another dog that needs you. Another one to put your time into benefits the both of you instead of moping around.
It's at least what my parents taught me when my dog died when I was a kid and within a week brought home a new one to try to help get my shit together. At first I reacted like you'd expect someone in the movies too. Crying, yelling about how they can't replace her, it's not the same, etc. My dad got sick of it all pretty fast and dragged me over to the carrier and made me look in it. Big sad eyes looking at me, shivering, obviously scared of a new place and my bitching wasn't helping. My dad said my dog was dead, there was nothing I could do about it but I could do something about this one. That they weren't replacing my old dog but that this one was scared, she needed a home and someone to care for her. It worked and it was great.

Not that you should just go out and get a new pet immediately every time. I know some people really do need time until their ready, or circumstances won't let them but you get the idea.
>>
>>2329316
Not an argument
>>
>>2327253
that reminds me of my lab

>front door opens inward and has broken handle
>accidentally forget to lock dead bolt overnight
>wind blows it open sometime before morning
>wake up to discover the door is sitting wide open
>"oh shit he probably got out hours ago where could he be fuck"
>turn around hes sitting in his cage
>hes soaking wet
>my dog saw the open door and decided to head out to the lake a few houses down, take a swim, and come back

I asked my neighbor later and he said he saw him take a couple of laps and assumed i was watching him. dogs are the best
>>
>>2329403
Not an meme
>>
File: 1480042277769.jpg (14KB, 295x348px) Image search: [Google]
1480042277769.jpg
14KB, 295x348px
>>2327213
You'll outlive doggo, but you are your doggo's whole life.
>>
>>2329403
all that it implies is all the argument you need, fruitcup
>>
>>2327253
Reminded me of something a long time ago.
>Be in middle school or something
>Leave for school in morning
>Come back after its over and find door wide open so it must've been like that all day
>Spooky is doing that attentive pose that dogs do when they are lying on their belly at full attention
>Good boy for not running off
>Neighborino told me she noticed it open and tried to close it for us, but our German Shepherd wouldn't let her anywhere near the door and growled at her
>Spooky normally is fine with women and even let neighborino pet him once
>Turns out he is super defensive when he knows something is wrong

R I P
Spooker, you are missed
>>
File: 1425759703912.png (291KB, 619x406px) Image search: [Google]
1425759703912.png
291KB, 619x406px
>>2327213
What about ending up in a situation where you don't outlive your doggo?

>will never own a parrot because I'm horrified about the idea of something with that level of intelligence being left behind
>>
File: IMAG1415.jpg (2MB, 2368x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1415.jpg
2MB, 2368x4208px
I came here because I can't stop lying awake thinking about when my cat will inevitably pass. I got him as a kitten when I was ten and he's been my best friend for the last thirteen years. I know he's still got a while left but I know the day is coming eventually and I really don't know how I'm going to cope with it. This keeps me up several nights a week. I do not know how to stop thinking these thoughts. Pic related it's him
>>
>>2329541
>Wake up one morning
>dog sleeping in bed
>back door open, back gate blown open by the wind
>think nothing of it
>later that day, chatting with neighbor
>casually mentions he saw dog sniffing around his front yard at 5am
>he told her to "get the fuck back inside" and she did

I was embarrassed but he thought it was funny
>>
Haha joke's on him because he's only four years old and I have leukemia!

>Seriously guys, I'm dying. Hold me. ;_;
>>
>out walking my pupper
>realise the day will come that i will walk him for the last time
>get home and he goes to sleep
>try not to cry
>>
>>2327235
T. Mad cat owner
>>
>>2329378
Your dad sounds awesome
>>
>>2329555
I think parrot ownership is almost always unethical. They imprint so heavily on their owners and live so long that their owners almost certainly can't give them good care for their entire lifespan.
>>
it's rather morbid, but I do think a lot about my dog dying. he's barely two. I have no clue what I want to do with him. I worry all the time how he's going to die and if I'll be able to prevent enough of his suffering. I'm always running a list of conditions in my head that he's likely to be prone to and I'm always trying to go above and beyond to prevent them but, in the end, no matter how many supplements you throw at your dog, or how many times you take him swimming for low-impact exercise, or how closely you analyze his diet, you can't always totally eliminate all the risks of cancer or dysplasia or arthritis or cataracts or whatever else.

if I wasn't worried about family members thinking I was insane I'd take him to a taxidermist probably.
>>
>say "fuck" or "shit" at home for whatever reason no matter how trivial
>dog drops whatever she's doing and gallops to my side to provide what she undoubtedly considers to be vital emotional support

The dumb things are angels
>>
>>2329378
as much as I felt my family was acting far too soon and on an impulse when they got a new dog after the previous one died, I always had the same mindset as your Dad basically. Got me a bit peeved when they then go and say 'You were the most vocal against the animal but you are the one who they like best.'
What did they expect me to treat the dog like shit or something? That ain't fair to the animal, raise them right and make them feel comfortable regardless of how I feel.
>>
>>2327213

Sissy.

Just buy a new dog. I bought another dog a week after my dog died.
>>
>>2329623
If it was a dog I would say without hesitation, get a puppy. Big dog helps train that pupper and the pupper puts purpose and extra energy in the big dog.

Unfortunately it is not that simple with cats. Some take to a new kitten fairly well, others will be nasty to the kitten till the day they die.
>>
>>2327253
> go to school morning
> husky escapes from backyard according to neighbors
> come back from school
> call his name no answer
> I guess pops must've taken him to dogcare or something like that idk
> 1 hour later hear someone banging at door
> its actually my husky by himself
he knows how to open doors, can take him to the forrest and don't see him for more than 30m but he comes back , special pupper
>>
>>2327213
Know that you gave them a great happy life, by being a great companion yourself.
>>
>>2327213
I have actually put quite a bit of thought into this and I have come up with a solution:

Don't get your pet fixed for the sake of carrying on his/her legacy, keeping the grandchild puppy of your great grandfathers dog in your family and so on, so the line never fades.
>>
>>2332012
Same anon, wanted to add: We only have our legacy to leave behind in this world, it should be the same with our pets.
>Lizards
>Cats
>Dogs
>Birds

Let their memory live on through theirs and your children.
>>
File: zr27a.jpg (148KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
zr27a.jpg
148KB, 520x853px
>>2327235
>>
>4 doggos in the house
>swarm the door whenever someone comes home
>family frantically hollering this and that in attempt to get them to back up
>I come through the door
>doggos swarm
>GIT!
>doggos 180 and wait at a distance

I don't understand why they respond to it but they do. I didn't even train them. Like it's hardwired or something. Senpai has seen me do this and they act like it's magic.

Anyway, how do I cope? I lay down and try not to cry.
>>
>>2329713
Are parrots cool with being in cages all day. my barber shop is next to a bird shop and it sounds like all the birds are being gang raped whenever I pass by
>>
>>2327213
By trying to make their brief lives as enjoyable as possible
>>
>Boxer takes a bit longer to get up

>Face getting a bit whiter and hes almost 8 this april

)^:
>>
my doggo is suffering from lethargy after getting his teeth cleaned yesterday. how long should this last?
>>
>>2332311
>>>2329713
Nope. Even budgies should be allowed time out of the cage.
>>
>>2329403
not an argument
>>
>>2332311
well parrots are just naturally noisy to entertain themselves. they shouldn't be in cages all day, but I don't know how a pet store would just let them fly around the store either
>>
>>2327235
t. Felix Thomas Garfield
>>
>>2329997
and others will get really pissed and jealous in their old age and dash out the door when you are bringing in groceries and run into the woods and you'll never know if they died peacefully and you'll never be able to say goodbye or apologize
>>
>>2332012
you're a bit retarded you know that?
>>
>>2327213
I cope by not getting attached to animals. I would love to get attached, but it hurts too much when they go, I'd rather just have isolated or occasional interactions with other people's animals so I don't miss them too much later.
>>
>>2327290
not him, but cats purr
can your dog purr?
>>
>>2327235
if you saw my brother you'd realize how little difference there can be
any living thing with a capacity for affection can be a friend, and a good one at that
>>
File: barks_eternally.jpg (224KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
barks_eternally.jpg
224KB, 524x468px
>>2329640
>>
>>2329378
I have a relative that's very guarded about their emotions, especially anything besides happiness and anger. He always had a dog or two and he always cries when they die or run off, and he always gets a new one as soon as possible.
>>
>>2329623
clinical obsessive here
distractions are the best non-chemical solution, with training yourself to focus on something else the second-best (and they kind of have to work together)
>>
>>2329713
I don't know, they live what, like 40 years? If you get one when you're young it should be OK.
>>
>>2332840
or not
www.yourparrotcage.com/Bird%20Care/Birds%20Average%20Life%20Span.html

fuck me sideways, my grandparents didn't live as long as some of these over their entire life
>>
>>2332045
it's probably your tone of voice and the fact it's a short, simple word
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Had to put my pupper down today after 17 good years. Was hard to do but it was for the best i suppose. Pic related. Nice old pic i found on ipad
>>
I intend to breed my dogs when they start approaching late adulthood that way when they pass I know their bloodline will continue. It offers a bit of solace in the face of their loss. I'm pretty depressed about the two shelter dogs I adopted though since they are neutered.
>>
>>2327235
shut up kitt
>>
>>2329640

Guys, think:
It may be sad losing your doggo, but now imagine your doggo losing you.
>>
>>2332828
Hey don't call people names on the internet it's mean
>>
>>2329491
This is the only thing that really matters, so
/thread
>>
>>2332832
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.