[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch video of animal being tickled/getting belly rubbed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

>watch video of animal being tickled/getting belly rubbed
>scroll down
>top comment saying animal is being tortured
>laugh assuming they're joking only to find pretty much the entirety of the comments are saying it's torture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5ACLVjYwM

Am I being fucking memed on right now
>>
no

for once the comment section is right

those animals are wild and it's traumatizing for them to be kept as pets
>>
>The slow loris is the world’s only poisonous primate. Its venom is stored in an elbow patch. When it is feeling threatened, the slow loris will raise its arms above its head in a diamond shape, suck in the poison from its elbow patch, then mix it around in its mouth before delivering a toxic bite. So when illegal traders catch lorises to sell, they usually remove the hapless creatures’ teeth — with wire cutters.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/04/14/tickling-is-torture/

I'm not looking very hard but I can't find a lot of info about this particular slow loris, Sonya. Who owns her, where she is, where she came from, etc but it is true slow lorises do get their teeth removed like that and suffer a lot from the pet trade and traditional medicine which also in turn unsustainable for wild populations. They are not cared for or housed properly, often dying from malnutrition.
People who own them aren't rich first world celebrities with tons of money. They're sold openly in markets or smuggled out where they are illegal to own. According to wiki they're difficult to breed and care for even in zoos.
Aside from biting, they also freeze up when threatened and are nocturnal.

The 'tickle is torture' seems more about raising awareness about slow lorises in the pet trade in general and just because an animal is cute doesn't mean it's a pet rather than just Sonya here.
>>
>>2327182
>sucks venom out of its elbows to defend itself
evolution is really stupid sometimes
>>
>>2327373
Seems neat to me. They can chose whether or not to kill something and slather it over themselves and their babies. It's weird that it's a primate though. I don't know how the fuck a venomous primate came to be. That's like a venomous cow. At least some shrews have venom in the grooves of their teeth which is more like normal venomous animals.
>>
it's torture tho
>>
>bla bla wild animals

life outside is pretty much torture for most animals. they have oversensitive senses coupled to oversensitive brains and just live day to day hungry and scared half to death.

animals dont appreciate the aesthetics of being a beautiful whatever running through the woods, they only give a fuck about safety, food and reproduction.
>>
I've been on the website that is campaigning against the trade in slow loris and from the facts they presented I'm inclined to agree that it is an awful thing that either needs stopping or regulating.

However, I've seen nothing at all which quantifies the statement that the act of tickling the slow loris in the video is torture any moreso than simply keeping it in captivity is torture.

Does the mechanical action of the tickling cause pain to the slow loris for some reason? I would like for them to explain that.

Being a primate it does share many behavioral traits with other primates so I find it hard to believe the argument that it just lays there with its arms outstretched as a defensive maneuver.

Is the illegal trade in slow loris awful? Yes
Is keeping a slow loris in unsuitable captivity awful? Yes
Is touching a slow loris' sides with your fingers torture? Not without evidence
>>
>>2327574
Most animals need more space and natural contact with their peers than humans can offer.
It's pretty easy to see animals with stereotyped behaviour in zoos and as pets, not to mention infaticide and no desire to reproduce.
You made a pretty ignorant statement, please observe the world better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypy_%28non-human%29

>>2327579
The link the anon posted explains it quite clearly. If you want to believe it or not is another question.
>>
>it's okay to let animals die out
>NOOO DON'T MAKE PETS OUT OF THEM!!!11
>>
>>2327585
No, that link doesn't explain it actually, it just says the same things found elsewhere.

It says it "may" be a defensive measure to raise it's arms.

It does not quantify why tickling a slow loris is an act of torture and many other things we do to animals are not.

You ever pinched a dog's cheek? That's a form of torture, in most breeds it can cause the tear ducts to become blocked.

Fuck you, stop trafficking the slow loris, stop calling this torture.

Click-bait in the extreme.
>>
>>2327598
>However, she adds that the loris willingness to be held is not because they are comfortable but rather “it is part of their defense mechanism — to be still and silent” when they feel threatened.
>“The only reason the loris isn’t biting the person holding it in the video is because it has had its teeth ripped out with pliers,”
>may also
>also
>>
>watch video of a nice man playing fetch with a happy, healthy dog in a large, well-maintained backyard
>omg such a bad owner
>dog is clearly distressed wtf
>feel so bad for that dog
>>
File: 1488378109567.gif (2MB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
1488378109567.gif
2MB, 250x298px
>find video of lizard willingly flipping over on its back because it enjoys being petted
>top comments are sjw special snowflakes saying the owner flipped the lizard over and its suffocating from being on its back
>>
>>2327674
>omg! You're scaring the thing! It's in a defensive position and scared!
>>
>Video of pitbull mauling family
>it's only playing lol. He's so friendly!!!!! Pibble kisses are the best!
>>
>animal walks right up to owner and rubs his head against him
>STOP IT YOU'RE TERRIFYING HIM
>>
I used to browse exoticanimalsforsale.net or whatever it's called, and almost everything really exotic was declawed and defanged. How is this shit still legal in the U.S.?

I used to want to be a vet really bad, but if I had to deal with people wanting that stuff done I'd throw a huge fit.
>>
File: 1460138731527.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460138731527.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>2327679
I saw some comments just like that too, which is hilarious because an animal would never expose its fucking belly in a defensive position.
>>
>>2327693
Exactly, it's one of pure submission, as an animal that exposes its belly is exposing itself to the least protected and damaging area on it.
>>
>>2327693
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hognose

The term "low-information" came to mind when I read your post.
>>
>>2327899
Probably because you're an idiot with no sense of nuance. The snake is playing dead, a little different than flipping over and moving your arms and head around.
>>
>>2328410
Nice job moving the goalposts m80.
>>
>>2328457
pretty sure the lizard in that video isn't playing dead
>>
>>2328457
How about just using your brain a little instead of whining?

Although if you really want to be autistic about it, I'd argue playing dead is an evasive positions rather than a defensive one. Playing dead is quite literally the worst possible position for defense, the hope is to evade confrontation entirely. Viola, your imaginary goalpost is back in place and you're still a moron.
>>
>>2328615
*Voila
>>
File: Laughing Whorses.jpg (59KB, 554x572px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whorses.jpg
59KB, 554x572px
>>2328615
>an animal would never expose its fucking belly in a defensive position.
>You must be able to read my mind to know that I'm excluding playing dead

I didn't even read your post I just wanted to laugh at you some more.
>>
File: belly exposed.jpg (44KB, 455x306px) Image search: [Google]
belly exposed.jpg
44KB, 455x306px
>>2328615
>>
>>2328615
Just to prove you are a complete retard, tons of animals expose their stomachs in defensive postures.

>inb4 hurr what are cats/birds of prey?
>>
File: 1488000424448.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488000424448.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>2328619
That thing isn't laying on its back belly up
it also has sharp as fuck claws. I swear you stupid autists will argue over anything just because you can.
>>
>>2328690
And the slow loris is exposing its poison glands so it could potentially get the poison and bite which is its defense mechanism. Your point?
>>
>>2327180
>>2327447
>>2327585
>>2327899
>posted from a smartphone made by literal slave labour
>wearing clothes made by starving indian children
>wearing make-up that was tested on animals in the most gruesome manners
>eating food grown in third world countries by impoverished farmers who are often evicted from their own land by multinational corporations and forces to work for cents
>buying oil from literal dictatorships

But hey, bitching about some Youtube video is easier than dealing with real problems, right?
>>
>>2328709
Humans smile, which shows teeth, and it can be either aggressive or a happy thing

A lot of animals go through half the motions of an attack as sort of a "non attack" meant to say, hey everything is great and i dont feel a need to attack you

I have 0 idea how this may relate to the loris, but we also cant know for sure in that specific moment the loris was unhappy

I think we should not get pets we cant understand
>>
>>2327146
NEVER read youtube comments on animal videos. They all fucking suck.
>>
>>2328721
>whataboutery
>>
>>2328744
How does it feel like to be blissfully ignorant about the world around you?
It takes a special kind of decadence to put the wellness of some random species above the lives of your fellow human beings.
>>
File: Laughing Imps.png (291KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Imps.png
291KB, 449x401px
>>2329766
>constructs strawman
>fails in pushing over strawman in a spectacular manner
>feels the need to defend his strawman across four (4) posts

o i am laffin
>>
>>2328721
uh, yeah, dissuading people from keeping endangered animals as pets is easier than overturn world economy, yet it still does good

your point?

as for makeup it is fucking easy to look up cruelty free brands
>>
People are fucking dumb. When I want to be pissed off, I go and watch a couple of betta videos on youtube. Watch a video of a betta breeder with bettas in display tank, and without fail, every single time, there are multiple self-righteous cunts in the comments sections

>that is so cruel
>you don't deserve to have these animals
>fish have feelings too!!11
>you need at least a 2.5-gallon tank
>you need at least a 5-gallon tank
>some silly cunts even say 10-gallon tank
>where's the heater (sometimes the breeder is in fucking Taiwan when they say this)
>how can you torture the fish by letting the males see each other (when there is obviously a place for dividers in a shared water display tank)

If I were a breeder, I would blacklist them all after telling them they were too stupid to own my fish.
>>
>>2329839
The only thing I can agree on is tank size. Believe it or not, a lot of fish actually require having a massive tank. Everything else getting accused is stupid.
>>
>>2330231
Yeah, bigger is obviously better. And I would agree that they needed a bigger tank, except for the fact that these were display tanks for a breeder. At home? Definitely need something much better than a small shitty betta cube, even if it's filtered. For a breeder? No.

Breeders keep many of these fish for a short amount of time. Once the fish hit sexual maturity, they have to separate the males, and they're sure as hell not going to have a 2.5-gallon tank for every male they've bred. It's a temporary home. And if a breeder was very well off and had all of these tanks that still doesn't mean they wouldn't use the display tanks occasionally to display them to give their buyers an easy viewing.

The videos I see these sorts of comments on are so obviously from breeders. And these display tanks are nice as far as display tanks go- filtered, clean and the fish are gorgeous and healthy looking.

I'm not sure how so many people fail to understand the context of the display tank, but they do, and then they go on some snotty Betta 101 spiel.
>>
>>2327579
I looked this up and I can't find any information about it being actually painful: it's just their body language saying this slow loris is incredibly uncomfortable and scared enough to want to bite.
>Being a primate it does share many behavioral traits with other primates so I find it hard to believe the argument that it just lays there with its arms outstretched as a defensive maneuver.
It's like a dodo. It's slow and has probably evolved without many predators before people. Its deadly bite probably caused most would-be predators to steer clear.
>>
>>2329839
Virtue Signaling releases dopamine in the brain. Dumb women and beta nu-males must always feel upset or offended about something.
>>
>>2330247
I workes at a petsmart and trying to explain im not trying to jew people inti getting expensive tanks was the worst when they would see our koi or cichlids or virtually anything bigger than a danio in the shitt like 1x1x1 cubes we had our stock in
>>
>>2330312
Oh yeah, and this thread is just MRA cucks getting offended at everything too.

Kind of makes you look like an idiot, doesn't it?
>>
all of these discussions could be avoided if we could all just realise that an animals life isn't actually worth anything.
Figuring this out is the first step to realising that human lives are also worthless. We already live as if they are, we just dont say or think it. Its hypocrisy. We are worthless, and the poorer we are the more worthless we are.
>>
>>2327586
There's a difference between keeping a captive population of an endangered species in a zoo where it can be properly cared for by informed individuals and having some idiot who has no idea what they're doing keep it as a pet because "its tooo cyuuuute!!! 1!1"
>>
>>2330580
>Figuring this out is the first step to realising that human lives are also worthless

Maybe your life is worthless but I actually have value.
>>
>>2330623
to a handful of people, sure. they would all be fine if you died, though, but its besides the point anyway. obviously people are valuable to family and friends, but objectively we're all worthless.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.