[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive got a bit of a sad one /an/ >Be me >Four years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1488319270246.jpg (174KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488319270246.jpg
174KB, 1632x1224px
Ive got a bit of a sad one /an/
>Be me
>Four years ago
>Family gets chickens for our house
>Most of them live fairly long
>Around last year they started getting really sick and we had no idea on how we were going to help them get better
>All except for one of them dies
>This poor hen was all alone in her coop so I convinced my father to let her have a place inside
>We made a bed, feeding area, a little cat door for her to go in and out of the house as she pleased, the whole 9
>She and I got really attached
>I'd let her in my room whenever I was doing homework for uni or just watching some Netflix
>She would always lay in my lap and preen while I pet her and fed her
>About last month her and I were in the backyard
>All of the sudden the little shit next door thought it would be funny to show off his BB gun
>He jokingly pointed it at my hen and kept saying he wasn't gonna do anything
>When I yelled "Put that shit away!" He fired at her accidentally
>my hen wasn't breathing
>She was completely still on the ground
>I was so pissed that I fucking snatched the gun from the kid and threw it to the other neighbors yard
>I rushed to the vet but sadly, it was too late
>Her heart had been punctured and the BB was pretty much lodged in her insides
>We ended up burying her in our backyard behind the old coop
>Collect her eggs that she's been laying in her nesting boxes inside
>We gathered around 6
>incubate all of them
>Two of them weren't able to make it out of the membrane and ended up not making it
>One of them didn't open their shell enough and didn't make it
>And two others never even poked through
>All that's left was this little gal who hatched 4 hours ago
>She's alive and well and is eating, moving, drinking, chirping and breathing like normal
>Name her after her mother
I've been both happy and depressed about her. I'm glad she's alive but I wanted her to at least grow up with some company. It feels bad man. Anyway, I've rambled enough. Thank you for listening.
>>
Are you going to get revenge for your pet?

I'd be digging a grave in the woods if some feral child killed my pets.
>>
>>2326785
I haven't seen that little shit since he shot my hen. I heard his parents were livid with him but I have no clue what went on
>>
>>2326785
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves
>>
>>2326784
Raise the little chick to avenge her mother
>>
How did the hen produce fertile eggs if there was no other chickens around? Was this an immaculate conception?
>>
>>2326850
Hens can store rooster juice for a while.
>>
>>2326784
Chicken social behavior is simplistic and mostly pretty horrible as you should know if you've been raising them. She's better off alone. Chickens are monstrously stupid though so I guess it doesn't matter either way. There are insects that show as much learning and complex behavior. (Seriously, even crickets do pecking orders and can remember individuals).
>>
>>2326850
>>2326957
Alternatively, chickens can rarely reproduce asexually. But it's very unlikely.
>>
>>2327020
It's true that chickens are little shits to each other, but they're absolutely more intelligent than insects. They have decent spacial memory, complex vocalization, excellent visual processing, and sense of social order. They can also solve little puzzles and remember earlier solutions to problems. General bird intelligence stuff.

Any bird reptile or mammal will kick the crap out of any insect in a general intelligence contest simply because the brain will be much larger and can afford to use more energy to crunch signals faster.
>>
>>2327127
>implying there aren't insects with all of those features
>implying bigger=better in anything but closely related species
>implying fucking slime molds can't solve mazes
vertebrate fags are the worst
>>
>>2327129
>implying there aren't insects with all of those features
There aren't. Insects can be attuned to things like the space around them or specific vocalizations but there is no thought process behind them, just non-autonomous reactions to them. There is no understanding.
>implying bigger=better in anything but closely related species
Bigger is absolutely better when talking about brains and intelligence
>implying fucking slime molds can't solve mazes
Optimization algorithms are not intelligent.

Uneducated fags are the worst, coming from a real entomologist.
>>
>>2327139
>There aren't. Insects can be attuned to things like the space around them or specific vocalizations but there is no thought process behind them, just non-autonomous reactions to them. There is no understanding.
How would you even begin to prove this even if you did have any idea what you were talking about? Hell, we struggle to demonstrate that fucking chimps have that.

>Bigger is absolutely better when talking about brains and intelligence
Only for closely related organisms. Architecture is at least as important if not moreso.

>Optimization algorithms are not intelligent.
Define what is "intelligence" then.

>Uneducated fags are the worst, coming from a real entomologist.
t. my ncle works at Nintendo fag. Or you're the worst fucking entomologist to ever graduate. I'd believe either.
>>
I would have punched the little shit into a coma. NOBODY fucks with my animals. Make the little turd pay anon
>>
>>2327129
Please. No living insect could power a chicken brain with their limited respiration capabilities, this is even if the brain was made so dense as to fit in an insect's body. The number of neurons absolutely does matter and so does the existence of specialized higher though processing regions that insects flat don't have. Insects just can't compete with birds, reptiles, mammals or (some) cephalopods.

Besides, chickens simply win in all otger areas too. They're warm, have soft feathers, love to cuddle, and make adorable noises when happy. Chickens confirmed for superior pets. Insectfucks BTFO.
>>
>>2327141
>>2327141
>we struggle to demonstrate that fucking chimps have that
No we don't.

>Only for closely related organisms. Architecture is at least as important if not moreso. Right, and architecture is the exact same reason that an insect will never ever have a complex thought. It's the same reason that the nintendo switch my uncle just handed me will never be able to outthink IBM's watson.

You could figure out what intelligence was on your own if you yourself didn't have invertebrate level neuron counts.
>>
>>2327174
And if I didn't blow chode I wouldn't have fucked up the greentext.
>>
>>2326791

Right, one for him and one for his entire family.
>>
>>2327020
You've never owned a chicken that didn't bond properly to its flock. Or one that was so fucked up about being alone that it would smash into the windows trying to get to us because it was lonely. A chicken just shouldn't be kept alone -- it's not humane. They're also pretty smart; there's a lot of cool studies if you're interested in some reading.

>>2326784
"fairly long?" If they died before the age of 4, that's not long at all. Chickens easily reach 8-10 when they're taken care of correctly.
>>
>>2326784
this is some leafie tier sad shit
>>
>>2327204
im not that anon but interested in studies about chicken
can you share some you find interesting?
>>
Dude thinks an insect is smarter than a chicken? The fuck?
>>
>>2327204
>Chicken not bonded to flock
Oh yeah. That's tragic. They usually get beat on by the others and lose all ability to trust. Back when I kept them, I had a separate area for the outcasts, and they generally got along well with each other.

> 8-10 years old
Only some breeds get there. Others just don't seem to last much longer than 5 years. Rhode Island Reds in particular tend to get peritonitis when they reach the end of their laying career. A shame because they're spirited birds.
>>
>>2327020
That's downplaying it, most insects are just a collection of detached ganglions.

Anyway op, I'm so sorry to hear that. As someone who's hand raised a chick to adulthood and not even become as attached with the chick as you seemed to the hen, I have nothing but sympathy for you.
I fucking hate little kids and their stupid guns, from one fuck walking up to me, pointing a nerf gun into my eye and firing, point blank, and nearly fucking blinding me permanently, to this shit, I follow simple rules around any projectile "weapons". If you point it at someone, you better be ready to handle the consequences of pulling the trigger, regardless if you actually do.
If I see a little shit pulling that crap, I run up to them, punch them in the face and smash whatever they're pointing at me/an animal on the spot. Little shits need to learn.
>>
>>2326791
This is a mis-translation of Confucious teaching - and he meant something quite different from what it seems in the English translation. What he said was, "子不复仇不子也." It literally means a gentleman who does not take revenge is not a gentleman. He then added, "寝苫枕干不仕弗与共天下也遇诸市朝不反兵而斗." It means a gentleman may not take his revenge right away due to the circumstances but he will remember it everyday before falling into sleep. He then shall take the revenge when the timing is right, even if he must take the whole world with him (to end his own life). This is perhaps the original version of the English version "before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." In other words, Confucious was not encouraging people to let go of the hatred, rather he reminds people the importance of revenge as it is part of the significance of one's dignity, and he was encouraging people to "dig two graves" because he believes that dignity is more important than one's life.

copied and pasted from yahoo answers
>>
>>2327974
> If you point it at someone, you better be ready to handle the consequences of pulling the trigger
This is sage gun wisdom. Pointing any weapon should carry the same exact weight as pulling the trigger.

I'd be sure to educate the kid on this topic. The education would probably be in the form of directly shitting a mountain of inforage down his throat. I'd make sure to burn the event into his brain so he never forgot.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.