[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat just knocked over some liquid bleach (Hydrogen Peroxide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ~!.jpg (76KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
~!.jpg
76KB, 268x265px
My cat just knocked over some liquid bleach (Hydrogen Peroxide so not quite as dangerous as chlorine based stuff thankfully) and it spilled over the floor. I panicked and removed the cat from the room then wiped the spill, mopped the floor down to rinse what was left off, then wiped up that spill as well. Nothing got close to the food (which is canned anyway) so I'm not particularly worried about that. I've kept that room off limits while everything dries up.

I didn't catch the incident right away, probably took me about 30 seconds to respond to the crashing sound and then another minute or so to figure out what had fallen + remove my cat from the area. I'm kind of worried that some of the solution might have gotten onto his paws. Is this a significant risk? Hydrogen Peroxide is a mild skin irritant but is especially bad if it gets into contact with the eyes. Swallowing it is obviously not a good idea either. Should I be worried that my cat licking his paws could cause problems or is that small an amount probably not going to do anything?

(Sorry if this is the wrong board. First time posting on /an/ and, like I said, I kind of panicked when I saw spilled chemicals and my cat in the same room)
>>
>>2325711
Get a wet paper towel and try to clean the paws off. He'll probably lick his paws before rubbing his eyes but just in case, you should wash them off. A tiny amount digested should be able to be handled by the body.
>>
Make him pay for that.
>>
>>2325713
Thank you, I'll try that.
>>
Peroxide expires on open air extremely fast, creating oxygen and water, your fine.
>>
>>2326403
Seconded, I would be surprised if even a single molecule remains at this point.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.