[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, I just had to save my Rottweiler's life by pulling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 176.gif (2MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
176.gif
2MB, 500x269px
Hey /an/, I just had to save my Rottweiler's life by pulling a tennis ball out of it's throat that it swallowed because it didn't want to give it back.

I took her to the vet and had her looked at and they said she should be fine, just watch her for excessive sleepiness or lack of a desire to eat.

She's eaten and she's still acting like herself right now, but do you guys have any other things you think I should watch for and any advice for dealing with dogs who are choking in the future? Because having to wait until she was weak enough to let me stick my hand down her throat to pull out the tennis ball wasn't fun.
>>
File: tumblr_ny6vbmBuTK1qjcdw9o1_1280.jpg (640KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny6vbmBuTK1qjcdw9o1_1280.jpg
640KB, 1280x960px
It doesnt cost much to get certified in dog CPR fyi.
I'd take the online course if I were you. Might give you some peace of mind
>>
the best thing would be to work on her "release". if she would have let go when you told her to she would not have choked.

another thing would be to try to avoid playing with things your dog might choke on.
>>
Our Rottweiler died because it was greedy and choked on a bone she wanted to eat.
I was not there and my sister was too frightened to do something against it. Really really sad day for me since I grew up with that dog and loved her a lot.
I am glad you acted. All the best for your and your friend!
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.