[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/, I need your help- I live in a 1/1 with my dog of two years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: oh.jpg (606KB, 2077x1866px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
606KB, 2077x1866px
/an/, I need your help-

I live in a 1/1 with my dog of two years which I got as a puppy. She has always had water bowls (yes, plural) available to her at all times around the house and has never had an issue using them. I have mild OCD, so I make it a point to keep the toilet seat completely down and the bathroom door closed. Idk wtf happened at some point, but now she will literally refuse to drink water for days unless she can drink from the toilet. I have tried everything to get her to drink water from the bowls. I've started adding ridiculous amounts of water to her food just to make sure she doesn't dehydrate, and even bought a different color bowl because maybe she doesn't like blue.

What is going on? How do I stop this behavior? I believe I heard her pawing at the bathroom door last night trying to get to the toilet.
>>
>>2323063
Maybe your dog likes fresher water?
How often do change the water bowls?
>>
>>2323064
Twice a day. Morning and evening.
>>
>>2323063
Put a mint leaf in her water, or an ice cube.
>>
>>2323063
your dog wants running water. Get her a dog fountain and place it as far away from the bathroom as is possible
>>
>>2323232
This.

Cute fucking dog, OP. Boston terrier mix? Bostons are ugly as hell, but i've never seen a mix I didn't like.
>>
>>2323063
Just keep the lid closed, and the bathroom door shut. Keep changing out those water bowls twice daily as well. As long as you are providing cool, fresh water your dog will drink it when it gets thirsty enough. They can be stubborn, but not stubborn enough to willingly dehydrate themselves.
>>
>>2323063
What materials are the bowls made of? Plastic, ceramic, metal?

Though yeah, If you can afford it, get one of those running dog fountains. Most dogs prefer to drink running water.
>>
do you wash the water bowls?
>>
>>2323232
Idk how your toilet works, but the water in my toilet is still until I flush it, which actually freaks her out.

>>2323235
She's some shitty-pitty a friend rescued and gave to me.

>>2323236
That's been the approach, yeah. Keeping the lid closed and door shut haven't been an issue since it's habit, but I'm just concerned and curious what sparked this sudden obsession in her despite no changes in these habit in the two years I've had her.

>>2323237
Plastic. They are the same bowls she's had her whole life.

>>2323247
Well since she doesn't use them, I only wash them out once a week. Again, water changes twice daily.
>>
>>2323332
Looks like a boston mix to me. They ARE a bully breed, so when you mix them with anything else they tend to look like pits. Cute regardless, though
>>
File: 20160729_150951[1].jpg (115KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_150951[1].jpg
115KB, 700x408px
>>2323342
I suppose when you put it that way.. I live in a HUGE BYB part of town, so I doubt any Bostons are around, but hey, you never know.

Could she look like one in the face and still be tall and ''lanky''? She's 40 lbs and has long legs and torso.
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>2323348
I've got a full boston (disgusting, i know) who weighs 30. Some brachycephalic mixes are pretty long in the face, like puggles. There's also a good amount of bostons with longer faces, i've noticed. They're also build pretty sturdily, as are a lot of mixes. Pic related.
Post a pic of her standing up. What got me was her ears and the square looking face.
>>
File: IMG_0255.jpg (37KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0255.jpg
37KB, 640x451px
>>2323356
Another lanky pup who can't breathe
>>
File: Screenshot_60.png (550KB, 613x328px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_60.png
550KB, 613x328px
>>2323356
I have absolutely no experience nor knowledge of the breed in particular, so I can't call it 'disgusting'. Lol.

I have a hard time getting a pic of her standing up, so I'll have to post an older one- from a year or so ago.
>>
File: Screenshot_59.png (2MB, 992x640px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_59.png
2MB, 992x640px
>>2323361
Idk if this one is better. They're stills from a video.
>>
>>2323356
be a utifull
>>
>>2323332
Try ceramic bowls. Maybe it's the coolness of the toilet water she likes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.