[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask an overnight emergency/critical care vet tech (nurse) anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_0273[1].jpg (440KB, 1082x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273[1].jpg
440KB, 1082x1920px
ask an overnight emergency/critical care vet tech (nurse) anything?

have pics, will dump.
"trigger" warning for gore, duh.

anyone?
>>
post stories about people who rack up huge bills and don't want to pay
>>
File: IMG_0116[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Dog in the background of the pic made a full recovery, btw. She's just knocked the f out due to a Fentanyl CRI.
>>
>>2321997
We don't let it happen at my facility.

They pay before we render services.

sometimes people will rack up a few hundred dollars and won't pay. Like we usually take the emergency exam fee (100-150 depending on time of night) upfront before we actually do anything.

we have audio/video in all our exam rooms and go over printed estimates and get a verbal ok.
blood work, xrays, pain inj, etc can be like 300-500 depending on the case (not included in exam fee)

So sometimes we get that far, run all our diagnostics and they flip shit when we tell them it's something terminal and will refuse to pay.

but for surgeries, hospitalizations, money up front, always.. No payment plans.
>>
File: IMG_0709[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0709[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>2321996
What is the proportion of survival/deaths?
>>
How common is it for the people at emergency/24hr places to be totally fucking unqualified?

Took my dog to an emergency vet in a different state while we were traveling because he was pooping blood. It was likely a combination of not eating due to stress and an antibiotic he was on for a small wound infection (but I didn't know at the time). They took his temp with no lube while he screamed, tried to give him booster shots they knew he already had because I showed them his fucking vet records, and wanted to charge me $500 for two cerenia pills. They wanted to fucking give him cerenia for shitting blood. I had showed them a blister pack of cerenia that I already had for the trip when I fucking walked in the door. I paid $200 for the shitty useless exam they gave him and took him back to my parents' place and fed him white rice and pedialyte for three days until he settled.

I know emergency vets have to upcharge the shit out of you because of their hours, but are they usually so dickshittingly incompetent?
>>
>>2322007
Depends. Clients decide what an emergency is. Sometimes it's literally "he's blinking funny" to dogs that have been having grand mal seizures all day and come in brain dead.
>>
>>2322009
buddy, i work w/ people who are so painfully under qualified, it's a fucking liability. I work with a girl who asked me how to spell "worms" (is it w/ an A or an O?)

People with ZERO animal experience get hired all the time and management is so piss poor, they leave them in ICU (vs their post which is out patient, so they don't hospitalized patients or assist in surgery or shit like that)

but management will leave HOURS early and be like "watch ICU until OP gets here"

and i walk in and all the Drs are like "MY PATIENT NEEDS BLAH BLAH BLAH RN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT 2 HOURS AGO."

a lot of that stuff we wouldn't do (like vx boosters when they're sick)

Cerenia is expensive... 500.00 is a shit ton for it tho lmfao how big is your dog?
>>
>>2322016
50 pounds. I know it ain't $500 for two pills because I literally had a blister pack of it that I was given by my real vet in my hand when they tried to give me the two tabs.
>>
>>2322022
Yeah no. Even a cerenia injection and a 4 pack to go home would't be that much. Not even half.

Was this in like New York or something place outrageously expensive?
>>
How much do you resell ketamine and fentanyl for?
>>
>>2322025
Alabama

They were totally infuriating but it's good to know that's not only exclusive to that particular joint so I can better assess if something should wait until morning.

Is there anything about your job that makes you glad you're doing it instead of a regular practice, anon?
>>
>>2322027
We don't keep ketamine in stock.

Fentanyl is for noobs. Hydromorphone is where the money is.
>>
>>2322031
Lots of things.

I really hate redundancy, and that's pretty much all wellness care is.

Same vaccines, same schedule, over and over and over again. Same heartworm prevention speech, same type of appointments. It's torture.

But emergency medicine is always something different, always some crazy intense shit, always throwing you through a loop. Or it's absolutely dead in the practice lol.
>>
File: IMG_0191[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
It was stuck.
>>
>>2322038
What is happening?
>>
>>2322047
birth
>>
>>2322058
not technically.
dystocia.

the puppy was stuck in the birth canal.
>>
>>2322014
Are there any tick STDs?

The father of my dog had seizures according to his owners, and took medication for it
But when he came to live with us we stopped the medication* and he never had a thing, BUT our dog (his daugher) has tick disease and can have a seizure (more like a paralysis), her sister has it too but, apparently, she is not sick.
This all can be a coincidence but it is weird to me.

*the dog had some behaviour problems because his previous owners weren't stable so we believed his seizures were them being crazy
>>
>>2321999
Disgusting.
>>
>>2322061

Vet student here, the major problem with tick is Lyme disease. Lyme typically manifests itself as lameness with swollen, painful joints or renal failure commonly- but it's a really non-specific disease in terms of clinical signs, so it is possible.

In humans the seizures have been reported. Typically however seizures are normally either idiopathic in nature (young dogs- often due to genetic problems), or structural in older dogs (i.e a brain tumour etc). So whilst it could be from lyme, I'd suspect it's idiopathetic with a genetic component if the daughter is having seizures.

However, don't stop giving your dogs the meds, they could be having grand mal seizures whilst you're out. Typically seizure medications aim to dampen down and lessen the amount of fits a dog has, not eradicate them completely.
>>
>>2322088
"the phenobarb wasn't working anymore, so we stopped all together."

"did check the dogs levels?"

"no."
>>
I would like to know the common items found blocking the digestive system. Pup-proofed the house but want to know if there's things I'm missing just to avoid future emergency. Thank you.
>>
>>2322088
>However, don't stop giving your dogs the meds, they could be having grand mal seizures whilst you're out. Typically seizure medications aim to dampen down and lessen the amount of fits a dog has, not eradicate them completely.

I know, but we didn't believe the dog was sick, he was obssed with throwable things and would bark all day without rest to a rock if he thought the rock was throwable, this behaviour was encouraged by them, they also gave him other types of medicine. We thought it was all in the previous owner's head.
When we took him to the vet nothing showed on the test, of course this doesn't mean he had no problem.
>>
File: 26442557_BG1.jpg (129KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
26442557_BG1.jpg
129KB, 860x860px
>>2322094

Owners can be so bloody stupid. I had a dog in my consult room last week practically pulling all her fur out.

"Is there anyway she could have fleas?"
"Oh no, Fluffy could never have fleas".
"Well- I'm afraid to tell you Mrs X that this is flea dirt".
"My dog DOES NOT have fleas"

I had to pick a live flea off her crawling dog before she believed me that her dog was pulling its fur out thanks to the little blighters. At least it was a good outcome, but owners like that irk me.

>>2322098

Everything from socks to raw bones (side note, don't feed raw- the impaction risk isn't worth it, I assure you). You'll never be able to fully pup-proof a house as puppies want to eat everything: I've seen everything from rubber ducks to entire pairs of tights pulled out of dogs. Your best bet is just to watch them like a hawk, and crate them when you can't so you know they are safe.
>>
>>2322107

> On the test.

There isn't a "test" for epilepsy, unless you mean the dog had a MRI/CT which whilst it would rule out a physical problem, it would not rule out anything idiopathic. The "test" for epilepsy is the dog seizuring, where epilepsy is described as the dog having two unprovoked seizure episodes more than 24 hours apart.

Never mind, it sounds like this was in the past, but at least now you know- if your dog has been diagnosed as requiring seizure-control medication, don't just stop the medication cold turkey.
>>
>>2322107
>>2322108 this.

String is something I don't think people think to worry about.
In cats, small dogs, and young puppies, linear foreign bodies are usually a particularly terrible foreign body situation.

It's best to just watch them and crate them. There's no way to keep them from all the potential hazards. Some dogs will just fucking eat rocks for no good reason and get obstructed.

dogs r so smart, but do the stupidest fucking shit.
>>
>>2322108
lmao i've had clients come in for seizures but the dog is just freaking the fuck out cause it's so itchy (and they don't know what seizures really look like) and of course insist, the dog doesn't have fleas.

lol fleaizures.
>>
>>2322112
The test was for diseases, i know genetic problems wouldn't show.
In the end it was more confirmation bias on our behalf.
The thing is that makes me wonder is because he never had a thing when he was with us but both his daughters have it, although they seem to be unrelated in nature. There are some blank spots i can't fill that makes me wonder.
>>
>>2322098
<s>>>2322107</s>
sorry
>>2322108
>>
File: pendantobstruction.png (66KB, 314x213px) Image search: [Google]
pendantobstruction.png
66KB, 314x213px
>>2322117

Of course it can't. Their cats can't have worms either, despite the fact I've pulled tapeworm segments off them.

Not my X-ray, the practices I'm currently going to aren't keen on me taking photos, but belongs to one of my lecturers. Dogs really will just eat some rubbish for no reason.

>>2322117

Do you feel your interns get a lot out of an internship with you? Torn whether I want to do an internship once I graduate, but my friends who have gone on to do them have basically told me in a lot of cases it is quite literally slave labour where they stick you on call 24 7.

Fantastic learning experience I'm sure, but it's a toss up between finding a nice practice so I can get my teeth stuck in or figuring out if I fancy an internship.
>>
>>2322118

meh. That's not surprising.
Not very many things that you can test for cause seizures without having other obvious symptoms of the illness.

imo, thats kind of a waste of money. Would have been better off refilling pheno.

lol and maybe some trazadone if he's really acting like that about rocks.
>>
>>2322123
>shows client the moving tapeworm.

>THAT'S DISGUSTING. WHY DOES MY CAT HAVE TAPEWORMS.

>so, remember the fleas you were telling me she doesn't have?

my place doesn't do interns, so I honestly couldn't tell you.

The vets I work with have enjoyed most of their internships at other facilities. But also agree it was a lot of grinding.
>>
File: IMG_0492[1].jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492[1].jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Literally everyone at my work takes pictures. We send them to each other. We show them to new people.

if we hear some crazy shit happened on the other rotation, we'll have a gallery to look at from the cumulative pictures of the event.
>>
File: microhepaticasheltie.png (41KB, 150x266px) Image search: [Google]
microhepaticasheltie.png
41KB, 150x266px
>>2322126

Fair enough! That seems to be the general consensus, although I'm glad I'm not into horses, equine internships are absolutely brutal.

This is the most active I've seen /an/ in years, I'm off for an evening shift now, but if this thread is around later I'll be sure to be back!
>>
>>2322123
>>2322129

i have multiple angles of several lanced abscesses.
>>
>>2322132

I love abscesses. They're so satisfying.
>>
>>2322131
aye, i'll be looking 4 ya
>>
>>2322125
He is dead now, unfortunately.
I still don't know how his vocal didn't blow up.
>>
>>2321996
Are you an LVT or unlicensed? Also give me something serious; Do you have a picture of a tumor that popped, or a compound fracture? I've got some pics around but I'll need to find them, they are also very gory so I'm not sure if /an/ will appreciate it. My pics are shitty because at my job we're not supposed to be taking pictures.

>>2322038
OP you can't post these pictures without telling me who lived and who died.

>>2322098
Kongs. As a person who suggests kongs to everyone, I have heard of many dogs tearing big chunks off and getting it stuck inside them. Supposedly the blue kongs are easily seen in an x-ray, but I have yet to find if that myth is true or not.
Also rocks. Not sure why but a lot of rocks.

>>2322123
From my anecdotal evidence, non-vets and non-lvts are treated like absolute shit. Not that the vets and lvts are living the life either, but everyone else are kind of pee-ons.
>>
>>2321996

How many cat injuries do you get from falls? I'm pretty sure catfags are totally full of shit with

> muh ninja kitty
>>
>>2322152
Cats can fall over 20 stories with relatively minimal injuries, and in fact the rate of injuries decreases as the distance fallen increases because it gives them more time to lower their terminal velocity by distributing their weight.
>>
>>2321996
Post more pics, OP
>>
File: gtg783492.jpg (69KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
gtg783492.jpg
69KB, 1280x800px
>>2322159
>Cats can fall over 20 stories with relatively minimal injuries

So, what's the max altitude?
>>
>>2322177
Good at distributing weight and landing, not avoiding being burned up in the mesosphere like a meteor.
>>
I plan on getting my tech certification this fall. What's your favorite thing about the job? Is putting animals to sleep really as heart-wrenching as everyone says it is?
>>
File: IMG_0125.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2322151
Unlicensed but working on it.

In my state, it's not required. At my facility, we treat the lvts like a joke desu. They come out of school acting like a know it all but have zero hands on skills.

Tech is a hands on job. You don't need to know "why" you need to know "how"

I have great pictures of all of those things.

But yes they are very gory.

That one is a tumor that grew until it ruptured. The dog was humanely euthanized because the owner couldn't afford to amputate. >>2322189
>>
>>2322189
Not in my experience. Occasionally you euthanize something you know could recover if they could afford it or it's just so sweet and cute, you hate to kill it.

More often, however, it's almost a relief to euthanize something. You watch it suffer, there's nothing that can be done, and the alternative is going home to suffer to death. So when the docto tells me I can kill it, I'm not happy, but im glad that I get to end the suffering.
>>
>>2322152
Only once. And the fall didn't injure the cat, it was getting caught on something on the way down. Made a full recovery. Injury wasn't terrible.
>>
>>2322450
Holy fuck. Just fuck. How fucking bad did they let their dog get?

>>2322189
It really depends on the person, but I volunteer at a vet clinic and it's not so bad. Some of the older techs (60+) who've been working here for years still shed a few tears sometimes. It's sad, but you just have to focus on the ones you do save I guess. Honestly, if you're not at least a little saddened when you put animals down, maybe you should be a butcher instead of a vet tech.
>>
File: IMG_0507.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0507.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2322189
Favorite thing is seeing an unresponsive animal come in, and you being the main tech, and seeing them walk out a few days later.

It makes me feel like a magician. Modern medicine truly is magic. We can bring back the (damn near) dead.
It's really surreal to be like "damn I'm responsible for that thing being alive. W/o me, it wouldn't be here."

Dog in pic made full recovery.
>>
>>2322189
I'd also like to say that it's much, much, much, MUCH worse when you have a 18 year old dog who can't see, hear, and has cancer or some other awful shit and the owners are just like "Oh, well, fluffy still has a great life you know!" or "But we just want to give her a chance!" or even "I'm not going to pay for [the euthanasia], that's ridiculous."
>>
I work as an EMT and worked in the ER and feel nothing whenever I deal with anything with humans. I think I might be messed up in the head a bit. But I empathize with animals and care about them so much that they're the only things that make me feel anything anymore. Do your best to help out the animals, OP. I don't think I could do it.
>>
>>2322456

Meh. She was still eating when they brought her in. I've seen worse neglect.
>>
>>2322459
Idk I have weird feelings about grief. I almost feel like I don't deserve to feel bad for dogs I've only known for a few minutes when someone is losing their life long companion.

I'd be irritated if a vet cried when euthanizing my dog. Why are YOU crying? What are you sad for? Your life is going back to normal in 5 minutes.
Mine is never going to be the same. Y'know?

I've cried for two euths in my career. Both dogs we had been working with for weeks. And neither times did the owner see.
>>
>>2322464
I wouldn't cry for them, but I feel more sympathy towards animals. Maybe because in my mind, I think they're more "pure" beings than people so I can't stand to witness their suffering. I've had a mother lose her 6 month old on mothers day and I didn't think about anything besides what was for lunch.
When I found out a feral at our shelter that was pretty banged up looking and recovered from death's door a few months back suddenly died, I felt a heavy sadness. But I dont really feel anything these days unless it involves animals anyway. That's why I'm always thankful my pets are healthy for now.
>>
>>2322457
What's the story behind that pic? Did it just tear a claw, and what is the white stuff on the floor?
>>
>>2322486

Lacerated the paw. Owners don't know how. Paws bleed a LOT. And iirc it was very aggressive so the blood pressure was up, we were having to wrestle him around and it just smeared all over the floor.

The white stuff is peroxide. I wrote my bfs name w/ the peroxide in the blood lmao.
>>
>>2322458
Or the dog has never had a wellness visit in its life, has lived in the backyard and something happens and the owners want to drop 3 grand to fix it. Like why? It lives in the yard? Are you just gonna put it back out there after it recovers?
>>
>>2322009
Fuck, I hate emergency vets.

I adopted a cat from the shelter last year and he didn't eat anything for the first 9 days. I'd taken him to the shelter vet twice in that time, first they gave me some appetite stimulators and decongestants (he had cat flu) a couple days later I went back and they gave me a bottle of feliway for free thinking his refusal to eat might be stress related.

On the 8th night he became really lethargic and peed himself on the bed. We took him to the emergency vet and they demanded $150 up front, fair enough. They took him in the back room, gave him a very rough physical before saying "There's nothing wrong with him since he isn't dehydrated. He'll eat when he's hungry." They tried giving us the same appetite stimulators he was already on and demanded another $130 for it. Since when does "not dehydrated" translate to "nothing wrong"? I can understand charging more for after hours but the vet didn't even fucking do anything other than squeeze his stomach and look at his teeth.

Next day the shelter vet took him and had to force feed him for a few days until he started eating on his own. They took xrays and blood tests but they never did work out why he wouldn't eat. And they didn't charge a thing for it.They were more interested in helping a cat get a forever home, I assume because a lot of animals get dumped back in shelters if they get medical problems.
>>
>>2322496
If that's the case, that's an extremely shit vet. What state? What type of appetite stimulant? Even our most expensive is 75-ish.
>>
>>2322496
They didn't offer any diagnostics at the emergency vet?
>>
hey, will you be back tomorrow?

i just have a quick question. not emergency in nature but pet related.

my girlfriend is nervous about getting our cat's teeth cleaned because he has to go under anaesthesia and she is still reeling from our dog's death last summer after having a procedure done (dog was a 15 y/o sheltie though and definitely died of age).

cat is 10 y/o and healthy but vet recommended tooth cleaning at our last visit cause the cat has probably never had it.

anything you can say about how necessary it is / give me some anecdote to tell her that might help convince her we need to let our cat get it's goddamn teeth cleaned?

plus, have any experience doing it or animal tooth stories you can tell? this is a great thread. thanks.
>>
>>2322528
It was in Australia, Victoria. I know the appetite thing was a human anti-depressant. I think it was called Axit. So a low dose of mirtazapine.

>>2322529
Nope. The lady at the front desk was busy arguing with someone who brought their dog in that had been hit by a car because she didn't have cash on her. The vet kinda brushed us off to go handle the situation. I dunno if they ever treated the dog or if they let it bleed to death at the front desk.

Thankfully I've moved since then and my regular vet now offers after hour services. I haven't needed them yet but I trust them a lot more.
>>
>>2322458
Holy shit I feel this so hard.
My first week at a vet clinic
>14 year old golden retriever is in ICU
>has seizures
>cancer
>back legs have been immobile for 2 years
>hyperthyroidism
>mega esophagus (has to sit in a chair to eat)
This dog was so far gone when I worked with it. It had no recognition even when the owners came to visit, and they were ANNOYING too. We do allow/encourage families to visit but these people were insistent on accompanying us when taking him out for bathroom breaks and they would force the dog to walk much further than necessary. They refused to euthanize because they "don't believe in it"
>>
>>2321996
How often do you see medium/small dogs get bloat?
>>
>>2322563
Not the vet anon but I recently had my 7 year old cat's teeth cleaned and it went well. 4 of his teeth were kinda bad when we adopted him at 2 but he appeared to have no pain so we wrote it off. Last yeah his breath was starting to stink so we figured those teeth might have started to finally rot so we brought him in and they were actually able to save his teeth. He had a hard life before us so one of the other teeth will need to be pulled eventually but we were able to save the bad ones by getting it done so we are happy. It was decently cheap too although he's bad about coming out of anesthesia and had to stay an extra night (they gave us that for free) and was super grumpy when we picked him up.
>>
File: tumblr_ola382t4Qh1vro50jo1_500.jpg (61KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ola382t4Qh1vro50jo1_500.jpg
61KB, 500x596px
>>2322458
>>2322629
Oh god yes
I'm still in school but I work at a vet clinic.
One of the things I was worried about the most was putting animals to sleep but a few weeks ago someone brings in this cat for boarding who cant even move anymore thanks to a neurological disease and was refusing to put her down. It was the first time I actually truly saw how much of a mercy euthanasia is and how cruel it was keeping her alive.
>>
>>2322563
Chances of the cat dying under anesthesia are less (especially if pre op blood work is done) than the chances of nasty teeth causing heart disease. Or a root tooth abscess. Or oral nasal fistula.

We have an entire dental department so I don't usually see much of that. I have an ONF pic on my phone somewhere I can try to find.
>>
>>2322634
My combined night crew has seen one small dog bloat. A Yorkie. Which if a little dog bloats, you expect it to be a dachshund. But sure enough.
Personally I've never seen anything smaller than a lab bloat.
>>
File: IMG_0394.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0394.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2322814
The onf I think is on my other phone.
But here's a pic of a retired mwd getting his teeth cleaned.
>>
>>2322651
Yaah, euthanasia does seem scary/sad at first but it's always a last resort when the techs have tried everything and just can't save the animal.

We actually had someone come in around 2am last week because their dog had been seizing all day. The last one, which prompted the visit had been going on for ~40 minutes. I wasn't involved with that patient but I did overhear one of the techs saying that the dog was braindead because the owner waited too long. They ended up euthanizing of course. I don't get people who clearly have pets with critical problems that wait til the last minute for care.

And then, on the other hand are owners who rush to the ER for small things. Had a lady last night bring in her GSP puppy because it was lethargic and vomiting. I totally understand that it's out of character and worrisome, but I wouldn't waste the time and money to see an ER vet. Vomiting is generally something that just kind of fixes itself within a day or two anyhow.
>>
>>2322845
Eh. Not always. Not at my facility anyway. We only try what the owner can't afford. Sometimes it is everything. Sometimes it's straight up nothing.

Vomiting and lethargy in a puppy doesn't usually fix its self, actually... Maybe not worth an ER visit but pups can decline quickly. Parvo will do that to ya.
>>
>>2323025
can afford, duh*
>>
>>2322845

>when the techs have tried everything
>damn I'm responsible for that thing being alive. W/o me, it wouldn't be here."

Fucking hell, look at this case of reflected glory. Should we start thanking the receptionist as well, how about the imaging devices?

Know your bloody place.

When the (((techs))) have tried everything? Please...
>>
>>2323042
Please fuck off back to >>>/pol/. The adults are talking.
>>
>>2323322
>le ebil pol boogeyman meme
Aw, did someone offend your delicate sensibilities with mean and hurtful words?
>>
>>2323323
>uses anti-Semitic language
>not /pol/

Not everyone is as retarded as you are.

For anyone curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
>>
>>2323324
#1. There is no antisemitism in this post>>2323042
#2. Look around, you are not on reddit anymore
#3. Fuck off faggot
>>
>>2323328
You've already been outed, m8, but go ahead and keep on denying it. You're fooling no one.
>>
>>2323330
And you've been outted as well my overly sensitive liberal friend.
Maybe next time they'll give you a trigger warning before they post more mean and hurtful words, or in this case parentheses.
Oh and BTW, nice Wikipedia (((source)))
>>
>>2323324
He is just using the """""meme"""""" with (((this))) because he is a newfag
You are just a fag
>>
>All this butthurt over a few keystrokes.
>No one able to actually refute the points made.
>Techs, wannabe vets.
>>
>>2323042
I'm guessing you haven't worked at an animal hospital? Yeah, the doctors give orders but unless it's a serious surgery the technicians are doing most of the work...
>>
>>2323042
It's absolutely a team. I didn't say I was solely responsible.

But listen. The doctor writes down what I'm supposed to do. and I do it.
The doctors can't place IVs. They can't draw blood. They aren't familiar with the fluid pumps or how we set up certain things like blood or plasma transfusions. You can't save an animal without both a doctor and a tech.
>>
File: tumblr_nya1rkOD5L1r3i2kko1_500.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nya1rkOD5L1r3i2kko1_500.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>2323395
No point was made. It was a troll being bored
Also techs arnt wannabe vets anymore than nurses are wannabe docotrs.
Its a lazy and untrue joke much like the vets are just wannabe doctors
>>
>>2323395
And no one who's familiar with animal medicine (doctors included) would ever call their tech a wanna be dr.

That comment just shows how ignorant you are of the medical field. Human or animal.
>>
>>2322159
This is not how it works.
This is not how gravity works.
Also, this is not how cats work.

https://youtu.be/n5qeSFHJax0

https://youtu.be/RtWbpyjJqrU
>>
>>2322477
Oooo, lookit u. Ur a reall cool tuffie wif a sweet spot. They r gonna mak so meny moveez about u bein tuff n cool n also sweat.
Wish i culd b u
>>
File: edge.png (269KB, 562x408px) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
269KB, 562x408px
>>2322477
>>
Don't suppose OP is still around by any chance?
>>
>>2322477
>a 6 month old baby isn't a pure being

Fuck is wrong with you, are you autistic?
>>
We have a kittie and he stopped eating and pooping for over 24 hours. We took him to an emergency vet and they admitted him and kept him overnight and pumped him with fluids. He ended up having a mass in his intestines but they didn't know what it was, just that it wasn't a foreign body. They thought it might be really compacted poop but they didn't make any conclusions. Is that possible?

Anyways, $1000 later, he was all better and much happier. I want to say thank you for being so great. I was nervous and terrified for him and the techs and vet were so nice. They wrote nice notes about him in the file. It's terrifying as a pet owner to be in that situation, especially when they were talking about cancer with the x-rays there, and everyone was so kind and patient.
>>
>>2323680
mhm!
>>
>>2323746
w/o an ex lap, yeah thats possible.
>>
File: IMG_0532.jpg (2MB, 3024x3100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.jpg
2MB, 3024x3100px
>>2323746

I think you were asking is it possible for a lump of poo to get stuck, originally I thought you were asking if it's possible to be unable to diagnose mass from poop on X-ray.

Left hand side of the X-ray is a huge ball of shit that's stuck in this dog.

We hospitalized and she eventually passed it. Went home okay.
>>
>>2323536
Yes, that is how it works.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-17492802

>Cats can also spread their legs out to create a sort of parachute effect, says Andrew Biewener, a professor of organismal and evolutionary biology at Harvard University, although it is unclear how much this slows the rate of descent.

>"They splay out their legs, which is going to expand their surface area of the body, and that increases the drag resistance," he says.

Please familiarize yourself with the concept of terminal velocity before talking about it.
>>
>>2323855
That's crazy that it can happen that intensely. Well, thank you again for all your hard work!
>>
>>2324193
You realize humans get shit impacted in their colons all the time, right? Why is a dog any different?
>>
>>2324295
Humans are usually abusing opioids or sedentary when that happens (like para/quadrapeligic)

That's why it's different.
>>
>>2321996
Sometimes a like to smoke a joint in my room, however my cat is also alot of the time in my room. I was wondering how bad thc (or smoke in general) is for the kitty. I've blown smoke gently towards her once and she ran off. This is obviously a sign that she doesnt like getting a face full of smoke, other times she will sit close to me as i smoke.
>>
>>2324540
Weed smoke is actually horrible for cat lungs. Like it doesn't really hurt our lungs but it can really fuck up your cat or dog
>>
>>2324540
>>2324683
lol it's not the end of the world.

Of course, officially, don't do it.

But realistically, if it's a normal sized bedroom (like not a closet) and has decent circulation, and you don't blow it in her face, the harm will be minimal.
>>
>>2323855
>she eventually passed it
poor dog. I had constipation once as a kid at camp because not enough water for several days.
they just gave me laxatives and it hurt like hell to "pass it"
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.