[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem with one of my dogs eating poop. It has become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I have a problem with one of my dogs eating poop. It has become a serious problem. Like "anything but take her back to the shelter" serious. I have tried everything... all of the basic stuff. I cannot stop it. Please help me.
>>
>>2321474
>walking the beagle on the park
>unleashed
>suddenly the dog starts running like mad
>what a fast dog
>dog stops
>reach her after a while
>she is voracioulsy eating the biggest pile of horse diarrhea i've even seen
>she never walked outside unleashed ever again

some dogs like to eat shit, specially beagles
>>
>>2321474
>>2321481
More often than not it's because of what you are feeding your animals.
A shit tier dry kibble will lack proper nutrition whether it's straight from the bag, or digested and straight from the asshole.To the dog it makes no difference.
>>
Have you tried the treats that make their shit taste bad?
>>
>>2321481
>>2321485
I have 2 other dogs. I feed them good food. Never had a problem. We have a big open back yard,
>>
>>2321489
What brand of dry kibble are you feeding them?
>>
Dogs can eat and digest shit with no problems

Just give her a glob of peanut butter when you get back if the smell is a concern
>>
>dog starts going toward poop
>use leash to pull dog away
>say "no"
it's really not that difficult
>>
File: tumblr_o1x5akKFXM1usyoa7o1_1280.jpg (55KB, 604x452px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1x5akKFXM1usyoa7o1_1280.jpg
55KB, 604x452px
>Work at a dog daycare three times a week
>at least one dog every day that will eat shit
>last time I worked worked with a dog who is so obsessed she will eat it off the scooper if you arnt careful and keep yelling "Leave it"
I feel ya dude
>>
>>2321558
What is it like living life as a completely retarded person that thinks his or her environment is exactly the same as everyone elses?
How fucking beyknd numbers stupid are you?
Seriously.
How fucking stupid are you that cannot conceive of people having a large yard outside of their houses?
>>
>>2321491
IAMS lamb and rice
>>
>>2321474
>>2321481
why are they so retarded?
>>
>>2321573
then don't let your dog in the yard, genius
>>
>>2321573
How about

Wait just listen

How about

No seriously

How about only letting the shit eater out once you can poop scoop the yard?
>>
>>2321692
>he doesn't appreciate the fine taste shit
Right back at ya
>>
>>2321694
>>2321696
It is pretty obvious that you lack critical thinking skills and even basic reading comprehension, so you might be better off in a thread about basic shapes or something. Thanks.
>>
Op when you take your dog out, put it on a leash and have some treats with you. (Yes I saw that you have a yard, but if you want the dog to learn, then it has to beona leash so you can control it)

Everytime it goes for the shit, pull it back and say no. Slacken the leash, and do it again when it goes for the ahit. The minute the dig ignores the shit, give it a treat. Repeat this for the next couple weeks and don't let the dog outside alone.

Also, Iams is horrible food even it's saying (real ingredients)

Go to the dogfood advisor website and look up your brand of food and you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2321696
>>2321700

but?
if it's a fenced yard, scoop up all the shit one day, and then just pick up what's dropped as it happens?

like yeah that's a bit of a pain, but if the situation is actually "ANYTHING BUT TAKE HER TO THE SHELTER."

then this is a cheap, simple fix to what is portrayed as a DIRE problem.

or you can try the coprophagia-deterrent supplements?

the other alternative is behavior modification, and personally, i'd rather just pick up the shit.

yeah it's not fool proof, but dogs sometimes eat shit, so it's not the end of the world if it happens occasionally.
>>
OP here
I was really drunk and super pissed off when I made this thread, so I apologize to some of you.
I have three dogs. We live in a house with a huge back yard and the dogs have unlimited access to the yard via a dog door. I pick up their poop religiously. The one time that I miss picking up their poop she either runs through it or picks it up and it ends up in the house. She has zero concept of poop being a gross thing/waste product/whatever.
>>
>>2321485
I feed my dog kibbles and bits. What's a good upgrade for him?
>>
>>2322318
You should really talk to your vet. Some foods are regional unless you order online, plus your vet already knows your dog and what may or may not be best for them.
>>2322106
This anon suggested dogfood advisor website, might try there as well.
>>
My dog has always eaten shit, but it's gotten worse recently. It used to be if you called her out she'd stop eating, but now she doubles down on it so she can eat as much as possible before you drag her inside. I'm not sure what the problem is, either.

She eats the same large breed food that our great danes eat, so I don't think it's for want of nutrition.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.