[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of getting a fennec fox for a pet. Anyone have one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: fnnc.jpg (385KB, 1920x1307px) Image search: [Google]
fnnc.jpg
385KB, 1920x1307px
Thinking of getting a fennec fox for a pet. Anyone have one? Advice? I've researched the hell out of them but would like to chat with someone who actually owns one.

I have a small apartment, but can allocate a good chunk of a room for it's living area when I'm not home.
>>
How much do you make? I believe foxes require a vet that specializes in exotic pets and that can get really expensive.
>>
>>2320954
Why do you want one?
>>
I hope some faggots don't come in here spewing the "it's a wild animal therefore it will be 100% impossible to keep and it will kill your mother and rape your father!" meme. The whole "it's a wild animal" thing gets grossly exaggerated. It may be true for shit like lions and tigers, but there are some animals that are easily tamable and can make decent pets.
>>
>>2321081
Well, yeah, it does get exaggerated because the wild animals that get posted the most often around here are canines like wolf-hybrids and foxes and most faggots that want them expect to treat them like domesticated dogs and only want them because they're too special to get a regular dog.
>>
>>2321074
It really isn't, depending on the vet. I've brought some exotic as shit stuff into my exotic vet and it was less than some of what I hear about for dogs.

>>2321081
This. Although pretty much all exotic mammals DO have some pretty big downsides if you're looking for something to just keep loose in your house.
>>
>>2320954
Don't own one, if you're serious get 2 or more. A backyard would be better as they enjoy digging. You gotta be insanely patient with them as they're not easily tame able and take time. They'll bite the shit out of at first then eventually do grooming, which is like scratching you with their teeth.

They require very large enclosures unless you're gonna walk them for a couple hours everyday.

Get males as they're friendlier and neuter them. Litter box train them as soon as you can.

Find a vet that can treat them if need be.

Be ready for a long time commitment. Fennec foxes can either bond quickly and be friendly in a couple days or it can take more than a year.

If you live in an apartment get a dog, cat, or rodent.
>>
>>2321084
My old wolf was a fucking prick. I had to constantly be alpha as FUCK or it would get agro. So I gave it to a wolf rescue place. I still get pics in the mail!
>>
>>2321107
Wolf dog or complete wolf?
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2321107
>>
>>2320954
>>2317774
>>
File: gabe.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gabe.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>>2320954
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ovMsFXMg
>>
>>2321121
This guy is the living embodiment of special snowflake and is a total faggot. People who buy Wolf dogs and Fennec foxes look and act like this dro faggot.
>>
>>2320954
>small apartment
>I can allocate a good chunk of a room.
>not even an entire room
Stopped there. You probably shouldn't even own a cat if this is really all you can provide. I really wouldn't get an exotic animal like a fox until you own a house and can provide an outdoor enclosure.
>>
>>2321148
No, most stoners can't afford foxes. Although it is mostly idiot yuppies who want a cute pet that buy them. It's rarely people with genuine interest in the animal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.