[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our landlord has agreed to let us get a small dog. We asked if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: StaffordshireBullTerrier.jpg (106KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
StaffordshireBullTerrier.jpg
106KB, 466x350px
Our landlord has agreed to let us get a small dog. We asked if a cocker spaniel sized dog would be okay, and they said yes, so they do not mean Pomeranian small, but upper range small is okay too.

We are open to adopting a staffordshire bull terrier, but we have no idea if they count as a small (obviously upper range small) dog. We cannot email and ask as if we say "is a staffie alright?" they'll do what everyone does and shit their pants that we're getting a pitbull and say no.

So guys, what do you think, is a Staffordshire bull terrier a small dog?
>>
>>2320905
I wouldn't get any "aggressive breed" without explicit permission from the landlord.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they also just didn't know the actual size of a cocker spaniel, and they did mean toy small dog.
>>
>>2320905
Well I think you know the answer OP. The whole reason you asked was to see if you could keep a dog, but you know they wouldn't accept the dog anyway. Staffies are medium size anyhow.
>>
>>2320907
You shouldn't get ANY dog without running it through your landlord, regardless of how small it is.
>>
>>2320905
Why do you want a nigger dog for? Are you ghetto or something? Are you trying to show off and act tough? What's your reasoning?
>>
>>2320911
Did you not read OP? They have run it through their landlord and do have permission to get a small dog, they are just questioning whether staffie counts as small, while not considering the fact that if they can't get permission for a staffie specially, then they really shouldn't try to sneak it in as generic small dog.
>>
>>2320911
We've ran our whole situation through the landlord and they know everything about it, they are fine with us getting a dog

>>2320907
They aren't fussy, as long as the dog is house trained, non-destructive and pretty small. Someone else in our apartment complex has a chihuahua that never shuts up (even through the night) so they seemed pretty pleased when we said we were not interested in puppies or teeny tiny (yappy) dogs

>>2320914
We have found a listing for a dog in a shelter who would fit us perfectly. We were mostly after a spaniel, but in taking the shelter route you have to broaden your horizons. I am an animal lover first and foremost, so I don't care how my "ghetto dog" makes me look

>>2320908
Yeah, I guess that is true! If I've made the thread I guess deep down I know a Staffie is too big. It just breaks my heart to see so many sitting in shelters that I really wanted to be able to take one. Thanks anyway
>>
>>2320921
Why not ask your landlord about that specific dog?They might well say yes and even if they say no, at least you know for sure things wouldn't have worked out, you wouldn't have to always wonder.
I don't know if they'd do it, but you could offer to go see the dog in person together.
>>
>>2320921
Can't stress enough that Staffies fall into the Pit category and many places (even cities) have restrictions.

They probably also care whether or not the dog is human aggressive or dog aggressive, which you should also check for since many Staffies have a history of ownership which predisposes them to those behaviors. Human aggressive due to maintenance, dog due to fellow tenants.
>>
>>2320917
>>2320921
You obviously didn't tell them about the dog you were thinking of getting so no, you didn't run it through your landlord. You're trying to outsmart your landlord on word play but guess what, he can still kick your ass out for a dog.

Just tell your landlord you want to adopt X dog, show him a picture with the shelter's description of what a good boy he is, and see how it goes from there. Maybe they will give you a break. But don't try to sneak a dog around
>>
>>2320921
You're being an asshole by purposefully withholding information from your landlord. Furthermore, I'm assuming you've never owned or had experience with a "staffie" and you should know they wouldn't be good apartment dogs. They also have LEGAL restrictions, and it's unfair to the dog to take it in if it's just going to go back to the shelter in a few months because you can't keep it.

You NEED to talk to your landlord about the specific dog or breed.
>>
>>2320933
We live in a large ground floor apartment with a garden. I'm in the UK, there are zero restrictions on Staffies here. Many people here keep Staffies in small flats and apartments. We do *not* need to talk to our landlord about getting a specific breed, they're only criteria are the ones I have said above, as THEY have said.

>>2320926
We would never consider a staffie that was not people, dog and animal friendly. We have a small indoor cat, and are have only looked at Staffies that like cats. We are going through the shelter route, where the dogs are vigorously assessed and profiled

>>2320924
Our landlord is an ass, the only reason they're letting us get a dog is because we said we'd leave at the end of the tenancy if we couldn't have one, and the estate agents pushed her to agree. If we start bugging them with "is this dog okay?" and ESPECIALLY "Is this dog everyone hates here okay?" they'll definitely not respond well. I think I was being way too hopeful about the Staffies (80% of all dogs out of the thousands I've seen in my search over the past month are Staffies) but its just not meant for me right now
>>
>>2320905
>>2320921
Typical dickhead pitbull fans. When shelters list dogs as "staffie mix" or "terrier blend" they really mean pitbull, and they do not count as small. and yes, you have to email and ask or you could be kicked out of your apartment and the dog will go back to the shelter.
>>
>>2320940
what level of cognitive dissonance do you have to have to think sneaking a pitbull around your fucking landlord is ok or a good idea in any way.

also god help your cat. You clearly have never met a pitbull and you really need experience with them
>>
>>2320942
Not sure where you're getting "mix" or "blend" from as I've only seen pure bred Staffies. I'm not a pitbull fan at all, Pitbulls are illegal here in the UK and all pitbull like dogs are euthanised (with very few exceptions)
>>
>>2320940
>the shelter route, where the dogs are vigorously assessed and profiled.

ha ha. Please try volunteering at a shelter with "staffies" for a few months before you go through with something that's a stupid idea anyway due to your landlord.
>>
>>2320943
Please stop saying Pitbull. As I have just said (to a person who is most likely you posting again) Pitbull types are illegal in the UK and euthanized. A pure Staffie is not a pitbull. Many Staffies for adoption here in the UK are family pets people have gotten rid of as they've had more babies. A Staffies raised with children and cats from a young age makes a great pet, not sure what sort of "Staffie = pitbull" stuff they've got going on in your country
>>
>>2320944
>shelter
>pure bred
okay.
>>
>>2320945
Staffordshires are almost exclusively reffered to as Staffies in my country. Please stop being triggered over the word Staffie. I have volunteered for several months at a dog shelter dominated by Staffies. Where there problem dogs? Sure. Where there normal dogs? Absolutely. All we need is one dog that's right for us, we're not taking on every member of the breed. Please shut up
>>
>>2320947
pls dont troll. thanks
>>
>>2320944
Staffordshire terriers were the original pit bull. American Pit Bull Terriers are banned but not Staffies only because of a petty feud about America forming a kennel club first and trying to claim Staffordshire Bull Terrier as American Staffordshire Terrier which was also the American pit bull terrier at the time.

They were not banned for being dangerous they were banned because the europoors were mad at Americans. What else is new.
>>
>>2320948
regardless, do you think it's reasonable to
>your landlord
>the dog
if you have to send the dog back or get evicted? Is it fair to try to sneak around?
>>
>>2320955
If anything ever happened where we got evicted, the dog would be coming with us. We don't care about our landlord desu (she is honestly a horrible human being) so we do not care if we fuck her off. However, as said above in the thread, I feel a Staffie would not be right for us in the end anyway
>>
>>2320921
"Would fit us perfectly" how?
>>
>>2320962
Great with cats, children, loves playing with other dogs, and loves a cuddle
>>
>>2320965
>a staffie
>good with cats
No doubt there are some chill (most likely female) staffies that get along with cats but for the most part the breed has a very high prey drive and animal agression

you don't want to come home to a dead cat do you
>>
OP why are you even here? You know damn well nobody is going to agree with you that a staffie is a small dog. Ask your fucking landlord or don't come back here and bitch about being kicked out/having to give up your dog when your landlord finds out.
>>
>>2320968
OP may mean the specific dog they are looking at from the shelter. or at least that's what I am assuming.
>>
>>2320965
>Great with cats, children, loves playing with other dogs, and loves a cuddle
you're insane
>>
>Our landlord has agreed to let us get a small dog.
>can we get a medium sized fighting dog?
>>
>>2320905
if you get it kick it in the dick and post pics
>>
>>2320965
>Great with cats
>Cuddles
Is that what the animal shelter said about behavior or are you pulling those things out of yourbass becaus you read online that they make "good pets."
>>
>>2321022
>>2321062
The shelter may have said that about the dog, and it may be actually true due to the dog not really being a pure staffie.
>>
>>2321064
Does this look like a cross breed?
https://www.rspca.org.uk/findapet/details/-/Animal/MITZI/ref/BSA2054677/rehome/
>>
>>2321023
Staffies are not fighting dogs here in the UK. They are the third most popular dog, they are pets here
>>
>>2321185
Yeah, either that or the breeder did not breed for Staffordshire Bull Terrier standard. A better picture would be one from the side of the dogs standing tall.
>>
>>2320968
Why do people in this thread assume I'm adopting a pack of Staffies off of the streets?? Read the fucking thread
>>
>>2321188
Well that is the standard Staffie in the U.K. Maybe our staffies aren't the violent pitbull types you have in the US
>>
>>2321186
Look into the history of Staffordshire Bull Terriers because you sound very silly right now. They were the original dog fighting dog. Then the Staff Bulls were brought to America where we called them American Pit Bulls. 'Pit bulls' are probably the most popular pet dog in America, with the help of the fact that the umbrella term covers a lot. But there's no definite way of telling what dog is the most popular because of mixes and all the people who never registered their dogs.
>>
>>2321191
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27690167

Also the origins of a dog do not mean the animal these days is identical to the first of the breed. If that were the case most dogs would not be at all appropriate as house pets
>>
>>2321192
>But some Staffie owners feel their pet pooches are sometimes misrepresented.
Gill Burdis said someone described her Staffie, Stella, as a "baby-eating chav dog" when in fact she was a quiet family dog.
>he dindu nuffun
>he good boy
Sounds like you have the exact same problem in the UK with your pitbulls as we do in the states. It's also evident by the fact you refuse to tell your landlord specifically what kind of dog you are getting, and would rather rely on sneaking a dog that other people obviously perceive as dangerous.
It doesn't matter if it's an American bulldog or a "staffy" people think it's a pitbull, and assume the worst. This is the root cause of your problem OP and you know it.
>>
>>2321202

This. And the type of person who would sneak around and use the "I don't like the landlord" as an excuse to break rules is exactly the type of person that is described when people say "it's the owner not the breed."
>>
>>2320905
OP, as someone who technically "snuck" a dog into a flat, I advise against it. The city that I live in actually prohibits landlords from banning pets in rented flats, so we just got a dog without telling our landlord. DESPITE the law, I think that what I did was dumb. The landlord wound up being okay with it because she's only a 11kg dog, but he could have probably kicked us out if he so desired. We are lucky that we knew the law and that our landlord isn't a dick, but I still think that what we did was wrong.

Don't be a douche like me. Respect your landlord. Run the dog by them. Show them a picture, link them to the site, tell them you've considered this dog but want to run it by THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY first.
>>
>>2321192
I just find it very hypocritical for someone to say a dog that originated from Staffies are monsters, but Staffies, the original bloodsport dog, is an angel.
>>
>>2321185
First pic yes. The other two? Not so much.

>>2320905
Staffies can be incredibly destructive, OP. I've seen the dumbass damage my friends' have done to his house and garden and whilst on private property a dog chewing up a fence or running into brick walls until they grow weak isnt a big deal, in a rented apartment its probably not the greatest idea
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.