[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find a "good" cat? About 90% of cats I encounter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Peter.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Peter.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
How do I find a "good" cat?

About 90% of cats I encounter are mean pieces of shit that bolt away from you the moment they see you and only want food. But the other 10% are nice bro cats that will come up to you and let you pick them up and pet them and shit. And I'm not talking just cats I see roaming the streets, these studies include my grandma's several cats over the past couple of decades and other various people's house cats.
>>
It's Peter!
>>
if it's your cat it will like you.
>>
It's all about their environment when they are kittens. A safe environment with familiar faces makes for a good cat. They're just sketchy by nature and don't really accept new people or pets unless they go through their vetting process and deem them safe.
>>
Also keep them indoors or they are basically wild animals th at mooch off you
>>
Upgrade to firmware 1.99.02 but NO FURTHER
>>
>>2320609
noice
>>
>>2320601
Adopt your kitten before it is 3 months old. Introduce it to people besides yourself while it is still young and get it used to traveling outside of the house in a pet carrier. Basically all you need to do beyond showing it love and feeding / caring for it well.
>>
>>2320615
Also get your cat used to being handled while it is still a kitten. Touch its paws and extend its claws so that it will let you trim them. Manhandle the beast and give nice rubs whenever you grab the pussy so that it learns that nothing bad happens when it gets picked up. If it isn't afraid, it won't run away or fight.
>>
>>2320617
this, and some cats don't like to be touched if there are others in the same room, i found it in the 50% of my cats
>>
File: 20160922_200540.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_200540.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Hijacking this thread for a question, what's the best age and method to acquaint a new cat with a dog? The dog is small and wouldn't be a danger to the cat but he's really fucking nosy and doesn't get personal space, it has caused problems with cats and other dogs friends have brought over because he won't leave them alone.
>>
>>2320660
You have to do it gradually. If you google introducing new dogs and cats you will find lots of videos and how-tos. It's best to do it when they are both little but there is nothing you can do about it now that you already have a poorly socialized dog
>>
>>2320601
Cats don't like strangers, generally. Consequently, yes, most cats you meet are going to fucking hate you. All my cats are absolutely wonderful cuddle bugs, but when my friends come over they freak out and don't at all want to be touched. In my experience, outside cats aren't as friendly. This is a pretty obvious side effect of being thrown outside to be feral rather than inside a home to be loved, trained and socialized.
Go to a shelter. Find a friendly adult cat. Adopt it. Problem solved.
>>
>>2320601
you need a very young kitten so it will bond to you and see you as its mother
>>
If you pick up a cat and force it to cradle you and it doesn't bite or scratch then it's a good cat.

A cat that won't scratch or bite despite being a little uncomfortable is a good cat that can be trained to be even better.
>>
File: IMG_5507.jpg (959KB, 916x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5507.jpg
959KB, 916x1632px
>>2320601
You need to build a relationship up with the animal first.
With cats that means play, feeding time, providing a comfortable environment, respecting their space, approaching them in a non-threatening way, etc.

There's many cat owners out there that will get a cat and then let it do it's own thing. Primarily outdoor cats will not have a strong relationship with their owners.

Now I rescued two cats off the streets myself. They are now strictly indoor cats.
Both were older then 6 months when I rescued them. The oldest was close to a year old. She had never been held by humans. She grew up in a colony and was only use to human contact from feeding.

Both my cats happen to be very affectionate and have great personalities. Now with strangers they will both hide, but I am trying more to get them use to new things.

It took months and a ton of patience for them to be comfortable in my home with me. I honestly think both the cats are extremely thankful to be out of their previous situations (winter months). They've both truly have been the best cats I've ever had. Extremely gentle. The younger one will gently paw at my face in the morning to wake me up (..to fed him. Ex-feral cats have a thing about food). Cats in-general are subtle with their affection. Instead of jumping on your lap on the couch most instead would rather sit next to you, or on top of the couch. Comparing cats to dogs is a false equalivance. I appreciate their subtle affection.

If you want a cat though with some "personality" go to a rescue and ask. They know them best. Also ensure to meet the cat yourself and see. It's good signs if that cat is good with other cats & animals, and good with children. Now with kittens you truly don't know what their personalities will be. For that reason I would be careful.
>>
>>2320601
>How do I find a "good" cat?
Kill a regular cat
>>
I got a bro tier cat. Cool as fuck. We chill constantly
>>
>>2320776
Inside/outside cat master breed.

My beast comes in and goes straight for my bed and cuddles.

Killer in the street baby in the bed
>>
Just go to the humane Society and they'll usually let you hang out with some cats.
Then pick one that isn't an asshole.
I would recommend an adult cat over a kitten.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.