[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is mental degredation a thing dogs commonly go through? I swear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 8p33S3D[1].jpg (478KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
8p33S3D[1].jpg
478KB, 2592x1728px
Is mental degredation a thing dogs commonly go through?
I swear to God our dog is starting to lose it. She's 12 years old so shes definitely an old dog.

But it started with her repeatedly trapping herself in the laundry room. She figured out how to open it, but then would repeatedly shut herself inside and be stuck until one of us found her. And half the time we'd know she'd gotten stuck because we'd hear her whining inside so its not like she wanted to be there.

And more recently she has started knocking down the gate at night that we keep her in the kitchen with. In all her years, she's never done this before yet now its a daily occurence. Its not like she's trying to explore, she doesn't try to run outside anymore when she gets the chance and I'm not sure she ever actually sleeps at night anymore.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure my dog is losing her mind. Also for some reason whenever she gets out, she runs straight for my dad's office and pees on the carpet. Every time.
Pic ain't her
>>
Dogs get dementia just as commonly as people do.
>>
>>2320472
Definitely. Dogs will go senile. I knew a dog that had to take medicine to sleep in her old age because when it got dark she'd stay up all night barking at a couch and then never sleep during the day. Some weird shit. It's mostly just wandering around aimlessly like a person with Alzheimer's, but sometimes there is weird behaviors too
>>
They can, but they can also get hearing and/or sight loss which can lead them to be confused in some situations.
>>
my dog is 13 and generally pretty spry and healthy and clever, but he occasionally gets trapped on this one chair and will cry and whine until you go get him down

if you go to the kitchen he suddenly remember how to get down, though
>>
File: tumblr_lpe7losxfn1qlzn67o1_500.jpg (49KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpe7losxfn1qlzn67o1_500.jpg
49KB, 500x374px
>Meet a lot of old dogs at work
>Sees a semi regular old dog for the first time in a few months
>when he wakes up from naps he's a completely different dog
>barely knows who he is or where he is when he's like this
>runs into walls and forgets how to walks
Its sad, he's a good old boy
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.