[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PITBULLS: Misunderstood breed or genetically and inexorably predispositioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

File: 130201TiaTorres1.jpg (20KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
130201TiaTorres1.jpg
20KB, 350x240px
PITBULLS: Misunderstood breed or genetically and inexorably predispositioned to hyper aggression?
>>
>>2319352
the second. They should be treated like tamed wild animals, not domesticated pets

look at how sweet and mushy the one I raised since a puppy is with me! he loves me and isn't violent or aggressive at all!
same can be said for lions, and bears, and hippos, and all sorts of other shit people raise from infancy.

They might be nice and sweet to YOU, and even have a more relaxed temperament than their wild counterparts, but that switch can flip without any notice and they go on a war path of feral aggression
>>
pitbulls are
- dumb
- strong
- aggressive

lots of breeds are dumb and aggressive, but weak (think chihuahuas)
lots of breeds are strong and aggressive, but smart (think GSD)
lots of breeds are dumb and strong, but passive (think great dane)

Pitbulls make a very deadly combination of attributes.
>>
>>2319352
I don't know honestly.

I do know I would not bring one into my home.

My cousin adopted one as a puppy and had a very bad experience. It was very loyal to her, but aggressive to everything else. She spent $1,000s on trainers/various camps (eventually psych medications), and it still attacked people. I know it bit at least 3 people (in one instance ripped a girl's hair out of her head). She was forced to put it down; it wasn't even two years old yet.
>>
>>2319367
my aunts room mate had one, lived with this dog for a long time. My aunt came home one day when the dogs owner was out and it attacked her, shredded her leg opened, needed hundreds of stitches to close her from her thigh down her calf
>>
>>2319363
Can you really categorize the behavior of an entire species? Don't dogs have individual personalities? doesn't their life experiences matter?
>>
>>2319403
psychological profiles are inherited as much as physical attributes are
you could say all wolves are aggressive and dangerous, because they are. Well that's a trait that needs to be bred out of them, some dogs have had that reduced, others have had that enhanced or left the same
>>
>>2319405
Not trying to be /pol/, (I'm serious, please don't ban me mods) but why doesn't that apply to humans too then?
>>
>>2319403
They all have personalities, sure, but they were bred to have those certain attributes to do their jobs better.
For example, i was part of a Dachshund club in which every dog there barked a lot, stood alert, and dug up the ground. Only a few that were trained out of those habits were sitting on their owners laps.
Not to mention, every owner I talked to said that their dachshund slept under the blankets. Which mine also does.
>>
>>2319405
I think a study has been done where they tried that, but every second generation was aggressive/feral or something, thus making it impossible.
>>
Ugly race. Dumb owners.
>>
>>2319352
Grew up with them and never had any issues. They were well socialized with other dogs (and cats). Had a large property though so maybe it's an exercise thing?
>>
>>2319403
Pitbulls are not a species. Learn your 2nd grade taxonomy.
>>
>>2319352
Definitely misunderstood, I bet more than half of this thread doesn't know what a pit bull is. But because half of /an/ is fucking retarded and can't comprehend complex thoughts I have to say that they aren't the perfect pet either. Pit bulls are generally poorly bred and therefore falsely advertised. If a bad breeder tells you the dog will be good with other dogs, you can only take it with a grain of salt. Pit bulls are also incredibly popular and over bred, making them the cheapest dog to get, which leads to people who should not own dogs being able to get one. Niggers are also scared of pit bulls so they get pit bulls to scare niggers, and people of African descent have a harder time relating to and reading behaviors of domestic animals. Pit bulls also generally need a lot of exercise or they will find something to entertain themselves. And the whole Nanny dog shit also doesn't help, it leads to dead babies not just with pits but every dog. Not even an Italian Greyhound should be left with a baby. Don't leave dogs with babies.

>>2319407
/An/ is incredibly liberal so they want to ban anything that spooks them while simultaneously being hypocrites. This does also apply to humans, but people don't like to talk about that.
>>
>>2319352
Also that chick does NOT help with teaching people about pit bulls. Although she is pretty good at finding them the correct home, which in the end is all that matters.

>>2319363
There are different kinds of aggression, GSDs for example are prone to aggressive towards strangers. The American Pit Bull Terrier (what I am assuming is the breed you are talking about because pit bull can mean many things besides APBT) is prone to dog aggressive and small animal aggressive, but not stranger aggressive. Many dogs are prone to aggression with other animals. Just about every hound for example. That doesn't mean they will always be animal killers - they are just more likely to be than a dog that is not prone to that aggression. And even if a dog is aggressive to small animals, proper socialization and training can make it behave properly around small animals. This covers dog and stranger aggression too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qT5Z03VMw&t

Being smart in no way deters a dog attack, I'm not sure where you are coming up with that 'fact'. GSDs are actually one of the leading breeds of dog with the highest bite rate. If anything, a smarter dog would be more likely to bite. Reason being, if you neglect giving a smart dog a mental outlet, it will pick up its own 'job' to keep itself occupied. That job can be chewing, digging, chasing the cats or keeping people/animals off whatever it claims as its territory.

As far as strength goes, pit bulls are not very strong when considering all dogs. The breed, APBT, only weighs 30-40 lbs, which is only a medium size dog. Their bite PSI scored the lowest in all the breeds that were tested. There are also breeds of dogs that are larger than Pits and known to be dumb, like Chow Chows, Akitas, Mastiffs, Rotties (who also has the strongest bite force of all breeds tested, and is known to be stranger, dog, and animal aggressive), bull terriers and many other more obscure breeds.
>>
>>2319407
It does apply to humans as well. We've known this for a long time. The Spanish had a caste system and rules on how to breed the black slaves they'd bring. They purposely bred them to be stupid and strong. You can still find this selective breeding in popular Spanish/Criollo/Mexican songs of the era for example. The same happened here in the USA. It's just that scientists don't explore it because of the social stigma (they'll claim muh morals) and because no one will fund them and scientists are research money whores.
>>
Females: misunderstood

Males: predisposed to hyper aggression
>>
Pitbulls are like blacks. They statistically commit more crime. Pitbulls statistically kill more than any other species. Pitbulls and rottweilers are responsible for the overwhelming majority of deaths from dog attacks. Do we treat all dogs the same? Most people would say yes. But this is pathological altruism. It is harmful to yourself and to society, but we do it anyway because of idealism. In short: I say we kill them all.
>>
My dad was attacked by a pitbull when he was a kid. As a result he wouldn't let me or my siblings play in our own front yard unless he was there. It's sad that people are terrible owners, but most dogs still won't attack random people. Pitbulls are ruthless.
>>
>>2319500
Retards itt who can't distinguish the difference between species and breed. Back to middle school.
>>
>>2319511
That has nothing to do with it. The point of my post is about statistics and whether we should act rationally based on data, or if we should be idealistic and treat everything equally. I believe that using data like statistics to create laws would create a better society.
>>
>>2319352
>it is accepted that border collies are naturally smart
>it is accepted that labs are naturally loving
>it is accepted that many dogs have natural herding or hunting instincts
>it is somehow ludicrous to believe that a breed of dog could be naturally more aggressive than others
>>
>>2319462
>Being smart in no way deters a dog attack

being smart makes them more trainable, they can obey more, even if they bite they are far more likely to stop on command. When pitbulls decide to bite there's no stopping.
>>
>>2319520
>That has nothing to do with it.
it has everything to do with it.

if the people you're counting as black aren't black your statistics are wrong.

if the dogs you're calling pitbulls aren't pitbulls then your statistics are wrong.

and you're too retarded to understand this. Statistically people with a low IQ like yours are more likely to commit crimes, and should be more strictly controlled.
>>
>>2319521
>>it is accepted
passive voice, no citation.

it's accepted by the public. The public also accepts gods and angels and other stupid bullshit.
>>
>>2319352
good boys
>>
>>2319520
Going off of what >>2319523 said, statistics you could actually measure would be things like how many dogs in attacks are fixed, outdoor dogs, not trained, and owned by low income families. Breed can not be calculated in any breed statistic unless it's papered with a registered kennel club (AKC, UKC, etc) or they do a DNA test.

Here's a thought; dogs, even severely abused pit bulls and dogs used in dog fighting, have far less reported attacks/mauling/killings per 100 in high income areas. However reported dog bites per 100 increased in very poor, inner city areas. Really makes you ponder. I wonder what type of people are in those inner cities vs those that are in those rich areas.

>>2319522
read
>Reason being, if you neglect giving a smart dog a mental outlet, it will pick up its own 'job' to keep itself occupied. That job can be chewing, digging, chasing the cats or keeping people/animals off whatever it claims as its territory.
That means it may attack people. There is no correlation between a dog's intelligence and it's rate of fatal attack. Please use variables that are/can be tested. Also intelligence does not correlate with ease of training; Border Collies are known to be intelligent but very difficult to train

>>2319521
It's ludicrous to believe APBTs are stranger aggressive (as many ITT would say, 'human' aggressive) because by breed standard they are not stranger aggressive. Just like how you would not expect an Akita to love small animals or say a Rhodesian Ridgeback is a couch potato, you wouldn't expect an APBT to be stranger aggressive. Unless you aren't talking about breeds, in which case they whole argument falls apart anyways.
>>
>>2319453
I refuse to even walk near any bully breeds (aside from the tiny ones) because of the pit bulls reputation.
>>
>>2319500
Solution to worlds problems = kill all black people
>>
File: 5381994-6986852641-ancie.jpg (34KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
5381994-6986852641-ancie.jpg
34KB, 500x436px
>>2319352
>>
>>2319367
A woman couldn't raise a dog right ? REALLY? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.
>>
tonight in brooklyn two pitbulls just attacked and ripped off the face of their owners 5 year old son
>>
>>2319691
>"I’ve never seen the dogs jump with anybody. They were good dogs. They don’t even bark,” said Tarell Williams, 40, who owns a pit bull himself.

They wuz good boys. They dindu nuffin.
>>
pitbulls should all be put down or castrated until extinction, it's a plague
>>
>>2319352
Partly that they are probed to aggression and partly because of shifty breeders/owners. If you were to get a pitbull from a reputable breeder and take the time to train it and socialize it you're probably going to be fine. I wouldn't take that risk with a child in the house, however.

People get these fucked up dogs from shelters that are inbreed, abused or whatever issue and heard some cunt on TV say they were nanny dogs so they or their children end up getting mauled by listening to somebody who wanted to preach goodie feefees.
>>
If pitbulls are so fucking dangerous, why hasn't the bitch in the OP, or the people that work with her, been mauled or even significantly injured by these evil murder dogs yet?
>>
>>2319815
owners are shit in general regardless of the breed they own, there's no reason to believe that pitbull owners are worse than the average dog owner, it's the dog that is worse/dangerous
>>
>>2319355
This.
Educate them like a wild animal, not like a fucking Chihuahua.
>>
>>2319589
There's nothing wrong with being scared of a type of dog. I refuse to get close to any kind of Shepherd.

>>2319691
>Brooklyn
>Leaving dog alone with kid
I bet they were niggers.

>>2319847
If that were the case, there would not be any good pit bull owners in the world. That's just a dumb thoughtless claim a child would make. Second, that would mean there would never be a pit bull that didn't attack. In your world, every single dog labled as a pit bull would attack at least once. But that doesn't happen, does it?
I think pit bull owners are worse than the average dog owner because they tend to be spics and niggers. There are even studies done on dog bite statistics that link dark neighborhoods to more attacks and more fatal attacks. Even Obama's dog, a breed known to be extremely friendly and great with kids, bit a visitor and they required stitches.
>>
>>2319836
Because we don't live around hoodrats who use these animals as status symbols.
>>
File: file_3319_max_300_maybehug.png (139KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
file_3319_max_300_maybehug.png
139KB, 292x300px
>>2319836
Give it time.

The dog in OP's pic is showing some clear "back up bitch" signs.

>>2319613
Also this
>>
>>2319898
why don't you try reading carefully again?

the AVERAGE dog owner is shit, regardless of breed. They don't train, they don't teach discipline, they are shit. The difference is in the dog, a pitbull which isn't trained rigorously is a dangerous rabid animal that will actually kill (they won't just try and bite, they will go for the kill), other breeds just aren't as vicious, period.
>>
>>2319915
I can buy untrained/poorly-trained pitbulls having a higher tendency to bite, but to kill?
Sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>2319915
There are other much stronger, more aggressive dog breeds. The only difference is niggers don't often own them. And that still applies; every 'average' owner with a pit bull should be attacked by your logic. Yet we still haven't seen bubonic plague levels of death. It also doesn't account for all of the dogs that attack that aren't pit bulls.

Please try to think before making sweeping statements.
>>
let me tell you about golden doodles

highly intelligent dogs, highly trainable, very energetic, but docile and friendly
Despite these things, the breed has a tenancy to straight up ignore orders when they are worked up and excited about something.
You could have a fully trained service dog, but it catches the scent of something it wants to chase and takes off, good luck getting it to stand down with verbal commands

fortunately this is not a problem, because their response to people and other animals is to run around them in circles and wag their tails

but imagine if a dog with that same trait of completely ignoring orders when it gets worked up, only its response to other living things wasn't a friendly one, but was to attack and maul everything it can fit its mouth around

pitbull
>>
>>2319941
Let me tell you something about goldendoodles. When was the last time you seen goldendoodles owned by a nigger?
>>
>>2319954
Obamas dog
>>
>>2319352

Treat them like a firearm, harmless if proper precautions are taken.
>>
>>2319902
I was talking about the woman in OP specifically.
>>2319908
>give it time
Hasn't happened yet, if these dogs were truly as bad as people are led to believe than there should be an episode where a pitbull tries to maul one the people who handle these animals on a regular basis.
Maybe it would be bad for ratings, or the shows premise I guess.
>>
>>2319956
He had Portuguese Water Dogs
>>
>>2319956
>>2320031
And that dog still gave someone stitches

>>2320029
The lady is dumb and she hires convicts that literally know fuck all about dogs. If the dogs are vicious killing machines like some anons believe, there would have been at least one mauling by now.

>>2320017
And this should be the stance on any medium to large dog tbqh. Although that doesn't mean people can let their toy dogs go to shit too (small dogs have killed babies), they are just less damaging to adult.
>>
>>2319524
Are you really going to criticize someone on passive voice?
>>
>>2321813
>Are you really going to criticize someone on passive voice?
I didn't.
the dishonesty was criticized.
the voice and lack of citation was mentioned because it's a red flag for dishonesty.
>>
How about Staffordshire Terriers? I think they're considered fighting dogs as well, but the 2 I've had were the most docile and calm dogs I've ever owned, they're kind even to complete strangers once we let them in.
>>
>>2319363
THIS.

yeah they're not all bad. When they're good, they are SO good. A well behaved, well adjusted bully mix (which is what 98 of "pit bulls" actually are) is one of the best, most trusting dogs ever.

But when theyre bad, they're dumb, and strong and (we'll say tenacious due to all the different types of aggression)

Too many irresponsible owners are drawn to pits to look "tough"
And then the breed has a genetic predisposition to animal aggression (specifically dog aggression)

If it's misdirected, it can kill people. If it's human aggression due to poor husbandry, it can kill people.

That's why they're dangerous.

Lots of dogs are strong enough to kill people. Lots of dogs are aggressive enough to want to kill people.
Not very many breeds are willing to "die trying"

There seems to be no middle ground with the breed group. They're either amazing, or terrrible.
However, the APBT is a different story.
A pure pit is not the same as the mutt people claim to be pits.
Think more like a malinois but potentially less mouthy.
>>
>>2319453
You don't understand the difference between a pit bull and a bully mutt...
Pits are not cheap and are not easy to come by.

Bully mixes however, are exactly that.
>>
>>2319462
And chows, akitas, and rotties are all terrible dogs. Way worse than the average "pit"

>hounds
>aggressive

nah m8. Prey drive? Yah. But aggression?
Most of them weren't bred to do the killing so much as the tracking and chasing. (the dachshund is one of the few exceptions)

Terriers however, were trained to do a lot of killing. Rat terriers, JRT, rat terrier, yorkie, etc. All bred to kill rats and mice and the sort.
>>
A little of both.

The issue is that the average family does not understand dog language. It's a difficult language to learn but it is life saving. Dogs bite when their language gets ignored. In that way they are literally "misunderstood". The family misunderstood the dogs language.

That being said, misunderstanding a pitbull is much more dangerous than other dogs. A chihuahua is just as hard to read and unforgiving of errors, but it's bite isn't deadly. A bloodhound is big and lethal, but its more forgiving when it's language gets ignored.

Basically, pitbull bites are from communication errors, but it's like walking on eggshells to avoid these. The average family should not own a pitbull because it's too difficult to totally avoid misunderstanding.
>>
>>2319956
the trumps are getting a golden doodle though, named patton
>>
>>2319524
It's not "accepted"
It's selective breeding.

We spent literally thousands of years purposely breeding dogs specific to herding, retrieving, hunting, etc.

Have you ever been around dogs? Yeah there's always exceptions to the rules, but bullys were bred to fuck shit up.

sometimes other dogs, sometimes large animals (think catch dogs like american bulldogs) and sometimes as an unfortunate by product of poor breeding, appealing to criminals and other individuals who don't know wtf they're doing with a 40-80lb mutt, they're bad dogs.

It's not the breeds fault. But it can be dangerous.
>>
>>2319541
>less reported attacks, mauling, killing in high income areas

Pits aren't as common in high income areas.
>>
>>2319879
>wild animal
>not like a fucking Chihuahua

buddy the ONLY reason Chis aren't the most dangerous dog breed is size.
Dogs aren't wild animals, but they're animals and will do animal things. Sometimes dangerous animal things.
>>
>>2320029
she probably gets bit/nipped a lot and they just don't air it. You work that frequently w/ dogs, eventually u get bit.
>>
>>2320017
Yup.

Don't leave them around kids, don't leave them around blacks, and don't let people put their face near the muzzle.
>>
>>2322059
American Staffordshire terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull terriers all came from the same dog that was used for bloodsport. The difference with your dog was either 1) the dog had a good breeder or 2) you were a good dog owner. All three of those breeds are prone to dog aggression, but none of the breeds I mentioned are known for stranger aggression or even wariness with strangers.

>>2322070
That was the point my friend. Being 'aggressive' can mean many things in the dog world. All hounds are aggressive. That's vague, so you think it's wrong. It's not completely wrong but it's not completely right either. They are prone to be aggressive to small animals. I can tell you first hand that if you leave an untrained beagle in a room with a rabbit, it will most likely kill that rabbit. Whether you like it or not, many hounds (unless trained otherwise) will try to catch, and then kill, what they are chasing. This makes them aggressive towards those animals. But we don't see this as dangerous to people, because people are not rabbits. The same can be said for dog to dog aggression, but for some reason people tend to have a huge mental block when you get to dog aggression not being human aggression.

On that note let's think critically here and try to come up with a testable theory of why Chows, Akitas, and Rotties no longer make up the majority of dog attacks.
>inb4 muh fairy logic
Testable is the keyword here

>>2322066
The problem, like most of this thread, is pit bull/pit can be used multiple ways. I doubt most of the posts here are referring only to APBT. Because of how washed out the term has become, everyone has their own personal definition of a pit bull.

>>2322079
There are many breed bred to 'fuck shit up'. Wolfhounds, deerhounds, elkhounds, Ridgebacks, salukis, etc etc

>>2322082
Either you didn't read or you didn't understand the per 100 part. Take statistics in high school, you'll thank me later.
>>
>>2322091
I can understand bit and nipped. Like you said, most people who work with dogs experience it from time to time.
People don't complain about, or completely fear pits because they nip people. They are afraid because they maul people. If this happens as frequently as we are led to believe, and as often as it takes to validate the constant criticism these dogs are under, then surely by now there would have been at least one recorded instance of a pitbull going crazy and causing significant damage to these people who work with the dogs day in and day out.
Ive already submitted that maybe it's bad for ratings and it gets covered up, if that's the case fine. Otherwise I have to admit that it looks suspicious that for a type of dog that is the cause of so many problems, why are there so few reported significant attacks on shelters, rescues, and people who work with pits specifically?
>>
>>2319352
A dog bred solely for image. Which of the images, however, is up to the owner.
>>
File: 1486666711901.gif (677KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
1486666711901.gif
677KB, 255x170px
>Tfw every time a dog bites someone in my town the paper calls it a pit bull
>Notable examples (with pictures shown in the offending articles) include a golden retriever, an Akita, a malamute, two separate great danes and A FUCKING CHINESE CRESTED
>>
>>2322241
> A FUCKING CHINESE CRESTED
>believing the media about anything
This is common in the states. A lab may not generate headlines, but pitbull certainly does.
>>
why would you get one of these
why would you challenge yourself and test your luck with a dumb ugly (barely subjective here) aggressive hyper dog that MIGHT not kill you, somebody, or somethings if you devote a shitload of time to it
why not get a normal dog that looks nice and friendly and probably wont try to kill things (or doesnt have the capability to in the first place) even if youre a lazy piece of shit
>>
>>2322175
Less margin for error due to those people having basic understanding of canine body language.

All dogs bite. If it has teeth, it can bite u. A chi however isn't going to put an adult in the hospital. A pit will. that's just due to size and strength.

but if you know wtf u r doing w/ dogs, u r less likely to get bit.
Dogs USUALLY warn people. Whether or not the human understands or listens to the warning signs is why they either get bit, or don't.

Shelters, rescues etc know what they're looking for when it comes to warning signs that the dog is wanting to bite and will get the fuck out of the way.

if ur fucking w/ a dog and it growls, and u keep fucking w/ it and it bites u, who's fault is it?
>>
>>2322075

Most reasonable post.
>>
>>2319464
The African slaves that were brought as slaves were the losers of their tribal wars. They are the lazy, weak, and stupid.
>>
>>2319464
>The Spanish had a caste system and rules on how to breed the black slaves they'd bring.

ah yes the spanish, masters of human genetics.
>>
File: ahhhhhhh.jpg (58KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhhhh.jpg
58KB, 900x675px
>walking my pupper today
>passing by local park
>see a dindu and his owner
>owner is a tiny 5 foot slightly overweight mexican
>park clearly says no dogs
>they proceed to walk straight through the park passing by the playground and swingsets

fucking beaners and their dindudogs ree
>>
>>2319407
Yes, to some extent.
I had my friends report that their kids exhibit very distinct inherited traits like, high aggressiveness, energy, or irritability as soon as they are born, so it's unlikely that they were learned.

Dyslexia, ADD, hyperactivity are all diseases that influence personality and they also have a strong genetic factor. Depression and homosexuality and even IQ also have some degree of correlation to genetic relatedness.

If that relation translates to populations that's a different question that I don't know the answer.
>>
>>2322175
I work at a shelter, and the biggest difference is we were trained to take precautions and learn dog language before we could work with the dogs. I have only ever been bit by a GSD (severely aggressive and I have to get close to it's cage) and a yorkie, which was my fault entirely. We've had the most problems with GSD attacks. Not to say they are bad dogs, you can think critically about it and come up with some conclusions why that may be.

>>2322250
This, the media has proven it can not be trusted. Take what they say with a grain of salt
>>
>>2319407
this applies to humans as well but humans have the potential to educate themselves and get rid of their conditioning.
>>
We have a Stafford rescue and he's the best dog I can imagine having.

So I'm not going to draw the conclusion that pit bulls are any one way or another. Because it's just 1 dog. Idiots.

It's interesting how strong and vocal people are about their ignorant opinions specifically on this topic.
>>
Every time I try to have this conversation off this board the other person, whether it's a pit apologist or hater, they are incredibly ignorant on the subject. Much of this thread is also based on no facts too, but there's a much better chance of at least finding people who know what they are talking about. There's a few things people need to look Into before spouting their opinion on the subject lest they want to look uneducated.

>What pit bull actually means and pertains to
>Fact vs myth (nanny dog, Lock jaw)
>History of the pit bull type dogs
>Basic dog behavior
>How to interpret statistics, articles, etc.
>>
>>2319403
They have individual personalities within outliers.
>>
Noticed this thread the other day and it got me reminiscing about some stuff from when I was a kid. It suddenly dawned on me that my cousin's neighbors (specifically their older brothers) might have been training their pit puppy for fighting over the course of the summers that I'd come to visit. I was too young and fucking stupid to realize it then, but looking back I don't even know what I would have or could have done.
>>
>>2323284
Why do you say that anon?
>>
I've got a pitbull who was bred to go pigging with and she's literally the nicest dog I've ever had. She's never bit me or anyone and he only fault is that she doesn't know how big she is. I think it's mainly the owners who don't know how to look after a dog.
>>
>>2319352

literal niggers
>>
>>2323509
I'll take a shot here and say it's because you aren't a shit owner, you train your dog, and you make sure she isn't bored.
>>
They're no more dangerous than Akitas or Chow Chows. If you're afraid of them you're probably a bitch
>>
>>2319407
it does. I'm pretty sure we agree that niggers are dumb on this board.
>>
>>2319597
hey man that's rude. you forgot the jews
>>
Both. You can't expect people to raise them right, especially if they're getting it just to hop on the 'pitbulls are perfect angels' brigade. Regardless, they have a tendency to just snap if they percieve a threat. It would be best if people who own them don't have any young kids or elderly people in their home.
>>
File: 1488247149922.png (902KB, 624x601px) Image search: [Google]
1488247149922.png
902KB, 624x601px
>>2323213
Fuck your semantics they are a shit dog (and I fucking love dogs)
>>
>>2319407
humans aren't genetically bred to be a certain way like pitbulls are.
>>
>>2319407
Human behavior is much more complex than dogs or any other animal. We are a higher species with relatively developed brains that have allowed us to form languages, art, computers, and shitposting.
>>
>>2319363
DUMB really anon? -.-
>>
>>2319432
what are they anon?
>>
>>2319363
>>2319363
This.
My airedale is strong, might be agressive in self-defense is in play but it is also Intelligent. Something other dogs lacks off.
>>
Why are pitbull apologists so fucking retarded?

Recently a news story came out about a mother drowning her children in a river when a pitbull attacked her and "saved" one of the kids. Anyone who bothered to actually read the article would know the dog mauled the kid he supposedly saved before attacking the mother. Every, fucking, comment, there is someone saying "Bawww the dog didn't mean to hurt the kid, he must have misunderstood and thought the kid was the attacker :'< how dare they put the dog down"

No wonder pitbulls are aggressive mongrels when their owners are this fucking stupid. It hurts my head.
>>
File: 1453436564890.gif (557KB, 214x188px) Image search: [Google]
1453436564890.gif
557KB, 214x188px
>>2322553
>>
>>2328477
>No source
Why is /an/ fucking retarded
>>
More likely to be violent but can be trained to be a certified gudboy

Anyone who has had a dog with an actual breed will tell you the breed is a decent indicator of behavior
>>
>>2328575
The problem with pit bulls is the vast majority of them are not a breed. Blue nose and red nose are not breeds. American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed. When you buy a pit bull, you're buying a mutt of mutts essentially, and have little foresight of their temperament and personality.
>>
>>2328573
http://www.baka.com.au/national/boy-5-missing-in-the-murray-another-child-savaged-by-dog-woman-arrested-20170302-gupsfk.html
>>
>>2328585
Well fuck. The sites name is a filtered acronym.

I'm not going to spoonfeed you further so change the url yourself
>>
>>2328588
Never
>>
>>2319352
Like everything, genes determine how they are. Nurture plays a big role, but a dog with aggressive genes can only be suppressed so much. I've met some adorable pit bulls that are complete babies, I've met others that act dominate and only respect a firm leader. Females tend to be better on average, Males are always the ones who stand proud and challenge your authority. I love the dogs like any other breed, but lazy people and trash have no business owning them.
>>
>>2319363

> dumb and strong but passive

> great dane

fuck you, scooby is smart
>>
>>2319352
They are the niggers of the dog species
>>
>>2319407
It does

You should judge ideas based on their merit, not where they came from (like /pol/) or whether or not people you generally agree with dislike them (Im a liberal, and other liberals dont agree with this, so it must be false)
>>
>>2326721
A certain group of humans were selectively bred.
>>
>>2325000
Akits are intelligent and if properly trained have very high self-control while being perpetually aggressive when not at home

Pitbulls are nothing like that at all
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.