[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a crab a spider or a fish? Two big observations we can make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Is a crab a spider or a fish?

Two big observations we can make about the crab are: 1.) It looks like a spider, legs etc. 2.) It lives inside the ocean
>>
>>2319058
Crustacean
>>
the crab originated from spiders that didn't have the nutrients in their environment to make silk, so they would trap their prey in puddles of their urine (they would eat sweet berries to make the urine heavy in glucose to attract flies, sometimes even small hummigbirds for certain species). eventually they adapted to use natural bodies of water, then just began living and hunting in them. so the crab is a spider.
>>
>>2319059
Is a crustacean a type of crab?
>>
>>2319066
that was really good. you should write meme news to trick old people on facebook
>>
if it wad a fish it would have gills shit for brains
>>
Ok, i have a serious question: do spiders (i guess just tarantulas) taste like crab when cooked?
>>
>>2319069
A crab is a type of crustacean.
>>
>>2319411
From what I've read, yes.
>>
>>2319069
A crustacean is a type of sea spider
>>
>>2319058
There is no such thing as "fish"
>>
>>2319607
I disagree. For instance, a crab is one
>>
>>2319723
Crabs are crabs, crustaceans and decapodes, among other things, they are not fish however.
>>
>>2319725
explain how they breathe under water then
>>
>>2319805
I don't know, lets find out!

"Crabs can be divided into three broad categories: aquatic (mostly marine), intertidal, and terrestrial. Each type is able to live only in its own environment. Aquatic crabs have gills and breathe underwater like fish. Take them out of the water for too long and they will suffocate because their gills collapse. Some intertidal crabs are able to breathe both in water (by means of gills) and out of water (using thin areas of cuticle on the leg bases) but they have to stay moist for the cuticle to function. Terrestrial crabs have stiff gills that function well out of water but not in it; if you put them into water with no way out, they'll drown eventually. Some terrestrial crabs, especially those that live in really dry habitats, also have lungs."

So... clearly the answer is "magic".
>>
>>2319985
>gills

so its a fish
>>
>>2319996
So everything with gills is a "fish"?
>>
>>2320003
It isn't?
>>
File: giphy.gif (202KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
202KB, 400x300px
>>2320091
Piano axolotl disagrees!

Anyways, the idea is that "fish" is very vague, inaccurate and not remotely scientific. Lots of fish are related only very distantly or even have closer ties to non-"fish" than other "fish". It's kind of an archaic term from before we really understood how things were classified.

An actual campaign to make people stop using "fish" would probably be futile.
>>
>>2320102
Those are mexican walking fish. They're fish.
Everything with gills is a fish.

Same with crabs, they're called shellFISH for a reason
>>
>>2320115
The same way bear cats, pole cats and fisher cats are all not cats?
>>
>>2320115

So if you had gills you would be a fish?
>>
>>2320120
of course?
>>
>>2320120
I'm a bony fish regardless of my gill status
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.