[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best animal to get that will be quiet and not take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1487175334410.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1487175334410.png
31KB, 720x644px
What is the best animal to get that will be quiet and not take up a lot of room or require much maintenance?

I am thinking some sort of interesting fish or lizard.
>>
File: tumblr_nwy5mfbum91u9ubr1o1_1280.png (410KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwy5mfbum91u9ubr1o1_1280.png
410KB, 1000x720px
>lizard
>not much maintenance
Just get a cactus
>>
>>2318977
Are cactuses part of the animal kingdom?
>>
File: tumblr_nxeup4XvOD1uprqgxo3_1280.jpg (305KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxeup4XvOD1uprqgxo3_1280.jpg
305KB, 1280x960px
>>2318978
No but they take about as much work as you are willing to expense.
>>
>>2318970
lizards take a lot of maintenance
>>
Fish and lizards are both high-maintenance animals.
>>
Snakes fit the bill. There is some setup expenditure required initially but after that the beginner friendly species are clean and simple animals to care for. Best choice for first snake is something land dwelling and arid climate. Colubrids like corn and king snakes are excellent first snakes.

Just please read several care sheets and see if snek is right for you before commiting to anything. They can live a very long time so it's not a commitment you should make lightly.
>>
>>2318970
inverts, goldfish, or bettas pretty much sum it all up
>>
>>2319113
>Goldfish
>Low maintenance
Sure if you want to kill it in a month

OP, a tarantula fits the bill. No, really.
>>
>>2318978
a porcupine is a cactus
>>
>>2319056
i never feed my lizard and only clean his tank when my mom complains about the smell

lizards are low maintenenance
>>
>>2319128
I agree. Tarantulas are really low maintenance. Just change the water and feed it correctly and it will be happy. Doesn't need much space either. Not much of a cuddler though.
>>
buy a rock you fucking degenerate cuck
stoners should just kill themselves
kike sucker infertile trash
>>
>>2319133
if you want it to live a full lifepsan they are you retard animal abuser
>>
File: 1486853838213.jpg (34KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1486853838213.jpg
34KB, 500x611px
>Rats, cat
if you want something affectionate, but not as needy as a dog. Will need to clean litter/bedding as often as needed.

>Dog
you could get an older or lazy kind of dog, but you need to take it for walkies sometimes. Need to clean poop off the grass once in a while so your yard doesn't get gross.

>Tortoise
After you set-up it's enclosure, you can just leave it in there and pick out its poop whenever. Just make sure the set-up and diet is right. You can fill up a cheap kiddy pool with soil instead of getting an expensive tank like most reptiles would need.

>Ferrets
A step above cats on maintenance, but still really easy. Clean their litter box daily, let them out to play twice a day for at least 2 hours, then all they do is sleep and eat. You can use blankets/towels/whatever cloths as their bedding. Feed them cat or ferret food with high protein and fat, low fiber.
>>
>>2319430
I guess you could have mice or hamsters too that don't need to be handled, but why would you? Rats and prairie dogs are best rodents. (Dont get a pd, high maintenance)
>>
>>2319113
>Goldfish
Ah, yes, goldfish. I love my low maintenance, cheap 180 gallon aquarium.

>>2318970
Your question is horrifically vague, but it sounds like you want a fish. Maybe a betta in a ten gallon tank? They're pretty easy. All they need is a heater, filter, stuff to hide under and food. It's not hard and they're fun to watch.

>>2319430
These are all literally the worst suggestions ever. Are you fucking retarded? The anime bullshit confirms it.
>Don't take up much space in my room
>rats, cats, dogs, ferrets, tortoise
All of these animals require large enclosures.
>quiet
>dog, cat, ferret
Barking, meowing, and thrashing about generally isn't what i'd consider quiet.
>low maintenance
>everything listed
>>
>>2319444
Also, I should mention that you should be doing weekly water changes with conditioned / dechlorinated water. Usually about 10-25% a week depending on whether the betta has tankmates. If that's too much for you, just get a pet rock.
>>
>>2318970
a fish
they're better than a reptile because they make a nice setpeice to watch while a lizard will mostly hide all day.

build a nice habitat and carefully choose what sort of fish you want.
>>
A rock.
>>
>>2319444
Those are all low-maintenance and I'm lazy as fuck. And everything but the dog is quiet.
>>
>>2319430
>tortoise

No. Proper tortoise care is moderate amount of work. It is critical to get their lighting, temperatures, and diet right otherwise they develop shell pyramiding and other health issues that can dramatically shorten their lifespan.

I keep several reptile species and i would hesitate a bit before trying a tortoise.
>>
I recommend stick insects. They eat brambles which grow everywhere. My favourite stick insect is the long thin one with the long feelers - you can stick your face in the tank and this little chap will tickle your nose with his feelers before climbing aboard your face and going for a wander.
>>
>>2319471
Epic

>>2319479
This, the betta and the tarantula are the best recomendations ITT
>>
>>2319479
Former stick insect owner here.
This guy's right, they are very low maintenance and super cool.
The only problem is that they shit out fertilised eggs h24 so you'll have to kill a lot of the babies
>>
>>2319488
Depends on the species. Also not all of them are super low maintenance. If you want something like Oreophoetes peruana you're gonna need to organize a regular supply of food too.
>>
cocktail on a perch with a couple of toys. you can leave it alone with bird seed for a week and not have to worry about it.
>>
>>2319496
They're very noisy. The larger Cockatoo is a much more relaxed bird, particularly the salmon crested variety. They're practically silent and able to entertain themselves independently.
>>
File: IMG_20170217_160200_888.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_160200_888.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Ball Python, OP
>>
>>2319981
Ball pythons arent a good first snake
OP needs a corn or a kingsnake
>>
>>2319986
My first snake is a ball python and I'm doing completely fine with her
>>
File: snails.png (608KB, 721x489px) Image search: [Google]
snails.png
608KB, 721x489px
>>2318970

Have you thought about snails? Can take quite a bit of work to get them up and running properly, but don't require much maintenance once fully set up.
>>
>>2320506
>my first snake is a ball python and I'M RUNNING OUT OF ROOM. SOMEONE PLEASE ADOPT. NO? OKAY. I RELEASE INTO NON-NATIVE WETLANDS NOW
ftfy
>>
>>2320579
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2320506
You can, of course, but there are much less fussy species. Colubrids and the antaresia pythons have low humidity requirement so if your place hovers around 40% or even lower you don't have to worry about humidity at all. Also strong feeding response and will never go on month+ hunger strike unless they're sick.
>>
>>2320579
nice bait
>>
>>2319471
Literally nothing on there is anywhere near low maintenance, and most of them aren't quiet. You're either extremely ignorant or extremely neglectful.
>>
>>2319566
>>2319496
Is everyone in this thread fucking insane?
Get a fucking rock, OP. apparently nobody here can help you.
>>
>>2318970
Roaches. Some species are a little more effort but compared to almost anything else it's still nothing.
>>
>>2319444
>Cat
>Enclosure

Yeah okay faggot.
>>
>>2319133
(You)
>>
>>2319133
>i never feed my lizard and only clean his tank when my mom complains about the smell
>i never feed
>never
he's dead then you fucking retard, the smell's not the tank.
>>
>>2318970
my big fat fucking cock
>>
>>2320868
Rat's are pretty quiet, mine only make noise when they fight. Other than that no animal is truly low maintenance. Maybe hamsters can be as they can live alone and just need 360 sq inches of ground space. But every animal needs a good amount of work if you wanna be a good owner.
>>
>>2320868
You guys are nuts. As far as pets go, they're easy. Maybe we have different opinions on what "low-maintenance" is for pets. Those have always been easy for me. Then again i love them so it may seem easier to me than some.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.