[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm contemplating buying a Kangal\Anatolian Shepherd. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Kangal a best.jpg (563KB, 692x641px) Image search: [Google]
Kangal a best.jpg
563KB, 692x641px
I'm contemplating buying a Kangal\Anatolian Shepherd. I own my own house, in the UK around medium to small size with a medium to small size garden to couple with.

I've got the money to buy a 4 month pup along with the obvious necessities. I've owned a rottweiler in the past, but the poor fella died of old age a year or two back.

Thoughts? Any anons here have an idea of what living with a Kangal\Anatolian is like?
>>
>>2318739
So long as you provide it with a lot of exercise you should be good.
Train it well. Then post pics when you get it.
>>
>>2318739
Can you even own one in the UK? I thought they were very strict about dangerous breeds.
>>
Unless you live on a farm I can't imagine getting an honest to goodness sheep protecting wolf fighting livestock guardian dog is a good idea.
>>
>>2319210
Kangals are widely used in and around the middle East for dog fighting too. Not sure how popular Anatolian Shepherds are in pits, but Kangals are like their pit bulls for dog fighting.
>>
>>2318950
There's six hardline approved breeders across the UK, one lives around 20 miles from me. I've fell in love with the breed after I spent most of my time in afghanistan looking after a few strays

There's a lot of Turkish illegal breeders around, but they're mostly known to friends and family, or friends of the family. Usually most of the dogs you get from illegal breeders are the purest you can find, because Roaches consider them genuine nonironic national treasures.

Best bet for anon to do is get in friends with a few Turk families and ask them if they know any breeders.
>>
>>2319315
Best bet for anon is to buy a toy poodle and leave literal wolf killers to the shit kicking shepherds from the third world that can actually provide it an environment where it thrives.
>>
>>2319329
I can see you've never been raised on a farm where wolves are a serious problem.
>>
>>2319347
I don't understand. Are you going to start memeing that a Kangal would lose a fight with a wolf?

Why is it every time a thread about lifestock guardian dogs pops up so many people totally ignorant of their abilities and function come out of the woodwork?
>>
>>2318739

Growing up I had my best friend doggo who was an Anatolian/German Shepard mix.

Great loving dog. As long as she knew who was boss she didn't do much but charge the end of our property in the country if another dog passed by. She was a good territory guard dog. Never once had an incident except when the neighbor kids brought their dog onto our actual property when they were warned not to. (Granted they hated the dog and probably wanted it killed). Even then our dog own bowled it over and stood over it.

Great doggos.
>>
>>2318950
Theyre not illegal in the UK. Ive never heard of or seen one here though.
>>
>>2319315
Is it illegal to breed dogs in Turkey?
>>
>>2319443
It's not illegal to cross breed Kangal dogs with other breeds, but it's looked down upon.
>>
>>2318739

I have 2 to 3 metre fences around my property and am currently laying a concrete slab to put a chainlink enclosure on to secure my mastiff mix when I am not home. The neighbour complained the dog was trying to attack her when she was in a hammock making a tree move that overhangs over our property. Now if the dog was a labradoodle this wouldnt be a problem but being a 50kg intact mastiff that looks scary I cant take any chances because of the way the dog is percieved. I would think hard before you get an anatolian.
>>
>>2318739
As long as you don't get a faggy spiked collar like in your pic.
>>
>>2320336
Actually, that context is the original reason for spiked collars, and has a purpose. The dog is there to protect the sheep and the spikes keep wolves from going for the dog's throat.
>>
>>2320339
Yeah but based on where OP says he lives, he is not gonna need a fucking spiked collar like the one in the pic he provided, and it'd only be for vanity's sake.
>>
>>2319247
they are also used to pull cut down tree trunks, like Bernese mountain dogs
>>
>>2319376
you are not very good with reading comprehension are you.
>>
Turk fag here. Kangals are not illegal from Anatolia. But they needs lots of love when they are still puppies. They are basicly farm dogs, u cant feed them on home. And yes kangal s are very popular for dog fights, this isnt mean they are offensive breeds, they are popular couse kangal s are really really strong breeds. Sorry about my english. İ try answer if u have questions about kangal breeds.
>>
>>2318739
That dog will tear your house down and you're not strong enough to stop him.

You would rehome him before a year.

Can't neuter them until fully developed because of their knees and hips (i mean u can but enjoy the repercussions of that)

Adolescent large breeds are by far one of the worst combos. Unless the owner is super experienced, even placid bull mastiffs suck during that time.

One rottweiler is not nearly enough experience to raise a kangal or Anatolian.
>>
>>2318739
UK fag here. Where you based to find a breeder?
>>
File: 89963443_Bear_177696c.jpg (43KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
89963443_Bear_177696c.jpg
43KB, 620x413px
>>2318739
>>2318739

You want a Kangal for your garden?
Go for it. I'm getting a grizzly bear for my bathroom.
>>
>>2319347
>worrying about wolves
>in the UK
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.