[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doggo help please This idiot slipped on ice the other day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-02-16 12.58.11.jpg (380KB, 941x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16 12.58.11.jpg
380KB, 941x530px
Doggo help please

This idiot slipped on ice the other day and tumbled down the steps, he's fine, (still running around and jumping all over the place he has no pains) but now he's afraid to go up the steps now. He refuses to do it, he just stands there at the bottom and barks until someone physically picks him up and helps him. He weighs almost 100 pounds so it's a pain in the ass

Tried tough love where I just ignore him but he will sit down there for hours barking until someone gets him. Left him for 2 hours today and he was still waiting there when I got back

Wat do, because I'm not putting up with this shit
>>
Put him on his leash, and walk him up the stairs several times.
>>
>>2318530
tried, he wont budge He will pull back and choke himself and just stand his ground

he will put his front paws up, he wont step up with his back legs though
>>
>>2318532
You have to be persistent.
Anytime you train a dog on a leash you can't just give up. You keep working with them and become more stubborn than the dog. Once the dog knows you are not going to give in, they accept it and do what you tell them. Even if that means walking up steps that they refuse to do.
>>
Instead of ignoring him, stand at the top and encourage him. Play with a toy he likes, show him some treats, make yourself interesting. My dog used to be scared of steps too but once he got rewarded by coming, he got over it immediately
>>
>>2318580

This

Entice him with some delicious food scraps

You can try starting from the bottom and get him to sit, give him delicious treat, then vawe the next in front of him and walk up the steps while talking sweet and waving that treat in front of him
>>
File: 2017-02-16 15.05.42.jpg (361KB, 941x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16 15.05.42.jpg
361KB, 941x530px
Reeeeeeeee
>>
File: 2017-02-17 17.35.42.jpg (325KB, 941x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-17 17.35.42.jpg
325KB, 941x530px
Seriously tired of this fags bullshit
Nothing it working

Even the treat trail, he just stretches as far as he can without taking a step
>>
>>2319505

Can you push his butt up the stairs without actually picking him up?
>>
>>2319505
build him a ramp

or put a bark collar on him and wait.
>>
>>2319507
if you box him out, because when you push him up one he tries to step back down again
>>
>>2319508
>build him a ramp
I'm not giving in to his demands. I refuse to lose a negotiation with a dog
>>
>>2319514
my stupid poodle mix started doing the same thing when he slipped on the steps.

two months later he died. I wish I had built his fat, old, stupid, noisy ass a ramp.

he got over his fear though. It took a couple days of sitting at the bottom of the stairs barking but he did it.
>>
>>2319507

I had to do that with my dog for a little bit for getting in and out of cars. She's better about it now.
>>
>>2319515
>two months later he died
why
>>
>>2319525
because all things die eventually

he was 17 years old, obese, and didn't do much anymore. I assume a stroke or heart attack got him but I didn't pay a vet to find out.
>>
File: 1477005817995.jpg (77KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1477005817995.jpg
77KB, 777x728px
>>2318526
Bring a neighbor's dog over to show him how much of a pussy ass bitch he's being. Once he sees that dog fly up and down the stairs and get all the affection he'll man up.
>>
>>2319529
I see, mine is turning 10 this year
>>2319530
I have two dogs, the other one is standing around calling him a faggot too
>>2319532
he will stretch his whole body to get them, but wont take a step
>>
Boil some chicken and cut it up into tiny pieces. Have the pieces in your hand, and put his leash on. Have someone behind the dog with a big trash can lid, or big piece of board.

Start gently pulling him up the first stair with the leash while someone behind slowly pushes the board up towards his butt and makes him feel like there is a wall behind him that is closing in. Don't let him look to his sides, or move to the side, he needs to feel like he can only go forward. Once he gets even one back toe on the first step, loosen the leash JUST ENOUGH to let him breath, BUT NOT enough to back up, and give him the chicken. Proceed until you are up the stairs.

You need another person behind the board pushing him though. He needs to feel both like he can't escape the situation, but he is also getting a high value reward as well.
>>
>>2319609
I should also note that this is only the fast solution, and you really should take some time to help your dog learn how to deal with fear in general, otherwise this situation will just happen again with something else equally as stupid. Your dog needs some encouragement in general to get over his little bitch ways.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.