[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it legal for me to squash a bug I find outside? Is it legal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1486893192739.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486893192739.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
Is it legal for me to squash a bug I find outside?

Is it legal for me to stomp a rat I find outside?

Is it legal for me to kill a fox I find outside?

Is it legal for me to break outdoor cats' necks as I please?

How can all but one of these things be legal?
>>
All of those are, to some extent, legal in most places. You can kill a fox and say it was pestering livestock and you can kill a domestic animal on your property if you want. As long as it's humane.
>>
Where I live foxes are protected so even though they kill the chickens my MIL has to pay animal control several hundred dollars for them to come try and capture the fox and relocate it
>>
>>2318458
Like it or not, people place different values on certain animals lives.
The vast majority of the public do not view the death of a single insect as significant, and the law reflects that.
Not to mention the huge grey area of processing these "offenses" is determined on a case by case basis.
If I'm caught dispatching a feral cat on my property and taken to court my case would be handled completely different than if I was charged with killing someone's pet cat, also known as their property. Two totally different verdicts, even though in both instances I basically killed a cat.
>>
>>2318458
So what would you do with our current politics to make humanity
resourceful enough to help your faggy claims? You catsup tendies brains.
>>
You keep saying "outside"
Outside of what? No, you don't have a right to kill animals as you please outside your property because they don't belong to you and you do not own them or the property they are on, so you have no right to do anything to them.

"outside" isn't some free for all. People probably own all the land around you.
>>
>>2318458
Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's impossible. Follow your dreams, op.
>>
>>2318458
If someone owns the animal, outdoor or not, it is their personal property. It would be like your neighbor slashing your tires because he doesn't like your shitty junker car. Of course it's illegal, idiot. Ownership rights are not difficult to understand. If it isn't yours, you don't have a right to fuck with it, and only a nigger would be perplexed by the concept.
>>
>>2318458
Property laws you inept street shitter.
>>
>How can all but one of these things be legal?
people will pay money to hunt foxes, so they get some extra legal protections.
>>
>>2318458
if you broke a fox's neck it is possible you would be charged with animal cruelty
>>
>>2318507
If you parked your car on their property, though, the story would be a lot different. You can't let things roam onto other people's property willingly and then be like "it's still mine, I just want it to be on your lawn"
>>
>>2318505
Public space then.
>>
>>2318522
What if there is no reason to believe it's owned?
>>
Right. It should be:

Bugs; yes
Rats/mice; yes

Fox; no
Cat; no
>>
>>2318458
Three of those feel pain, but yeah, animals are way better than bugs in every way. Maybe because humans can relate to them more. Or because they're considered cute and warm by most of the world.
>>
>>2318458
What is it with black people and cats? I just don't get it.
>>
I know this is controversial to say on 4chan. but I believe killing Vertebraes for reasons other than for food should be illegal
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.