[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /an/, /diy/ requesting assistance. How do I make a cockatiel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1324585147267_8585654.png (47KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1324585147267_8585654.png
47KB, 420x294px
Sup /an/, /diy/ requesting assistance.

How do I make a cockatiel leave me the fuck alone?

My partner has three. I have absolutely zero interest in them, however one of the basically screams its fucking head off whenever I walk into the room. Best as I can tell, and despite zero interaction with it, it has "bonded" to me. The other two just chill and do their thing which I can easily tolerate, but this little faggot just will not shut up. If they are out of the cage, she comes right for me. It takes every fiber in my body to not swat it away like the irritant it is, which would likely injure it.

Is there anything that can be done about this or am I finding someone to get it the fuck out of my house?
>>
>>2317588
Are you sure it bonded to you? It sounds like it doesn't like you.
>>
>>2317629
If I'm sitting on the couch it sits behind my head and "grooms" my hair, and swishes its tail across my neck. I get home from work before my partner, and as soon as this thing hears the garage door the screeching starts, when I let them out of their cage it comes straight to my shoulder. I can get it to step on and put it down, but as soon as I try to walk away it flies straight to either my shoulder or head. My partner says this is bonding/bonded behaviour, and I'd take her word for it. The internet seems to reinforce this as well.

You know how dogs always beeline it to non dog people? I think this is the same thing. It's just the screaming I can't get behind. It basically ignores my partner if i'm around as well. She has it trained but if i'm in the room all bets are off. If I get big and scary it'll run to my partner, but 5 minutes later it's creeping it's way back. It's almost like red light/green light. If I look at her it stops, if I look away it starts creeping again. My partner knows this all pisses me right the fuck off, but I don't want to make her get rid of a bird. On the flipside I don't want to have to train an animal which I believe should not be captive anyway, and that I have no interest in (I have never been a big fan of captive animals, domesticated or otherwise).
>>
>>2317635
Found your problem--you're mentally ill
>>
>>2317636
Nice ad-hominem. Can you guys actually help with the welfare of this animal or are you just as fucked up as the rest of the boards?
>>
>>2317638
I like to think that we're less fucked than the other boards, but eh, this is 4chan, what did you expect?
>>
>>2317635
>If I look at her it stops, if I look away it starts creeping again.
There's your clue right there. Surround your skull in those sleep masks that have eyes on them. The bird will never know if you're looking at it or not. Also, the bird may be sizing you up for murder. Just putting that out there.
>>
>>2317635
It probably wants some freakin' attention assuming "before getting home" means that thing is sitting around the house for 8-9 hours a day.

As for the screeching... I dunno. Maybe do some sort of reward system for not screeching.
>>
>>2317683
Heh, we do ice cream tubs with eyes drawn on to stop brooding magpies from dive bombing our shit here in Australia, you might be into something.

>>2317847
My partner is a freelance graphic designer/website admin working from home. If she's home they are out and free to fly around as they wish, but she is often out meeting clients from 1pm till late in the afternoon, meaning I often beat her home. Apart from night time they spend a few hours tops in their cage, and only maybe two days a week. As I say, the other two are chill as fuck, when I let them out they head for their forage mat and do their thing. If I had to compare, I'd say this third bird has thermonuclear ADHD. She just doesn't stop unless I leave the room, which, considering their room is our family room where the TV etc is, is not so good.
>>
>three

That's the problem. You need four. If the bird has a female to pair bond with it'll ignore you.

Keeping parrots in anything but multiples of two is a mistake and your boyfriend is a moron.
>>
>>2318181
>The other two just chill and do their thing

This is the sign. The two have pair bonded and the problem parrot is the third wheel. He's desperate because he's cloaca-cucked, and that leads to situations like this.
>>
>>2317588
>>2317635
>I don't like animals
you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>2318686
"I don't like animals" doesn't mean "I hate animals", calm down
personnally I like all animals except horses, but my father doesn't like animals, and he stills treats them well and doesn't even think about hurting them (unlike /an/, just look at the catalog)
>>
>>2318181
>>2318184
Interesting. It's not the best outcome but I see the logic. It looks like this thing is going to a shelter then. I'm fucking sick of it. I think I just need to put my foot down and tell my partner it's them or me. I'm fucking sick of not being able to go camping or on roadtrips because we need a fucking "babysitter" for the animals. If I wanted to be housebound I would have actual children.

>>2318686
t. dysfunctional cunt who can only feel some sort of emotional attachment by keeping creatures in captivity that are not capable of telling him how much of a needy fuckwad he is. But hey, if keeping living entities in cages is what you need to get through your life.. then.. actually I have nothing but disdain for you, you sad isolated fuck.

>>2318705
>my father doesn't like animals, and he stills treats them well and doesn't even think about hurting them
Sounds like a man I'd get along well with.
>>
>>2317588

1st thing: your partner is a shitty dog owner who didn't train their dogs, typical liberal dog owner that lets the dog do whatever it wants

2nd thing: you're a fucking cuck if you dislike dogs, remove yourself from the genepool by jumping off a bridge

now that we cleared that up, I expect you to never post in this website again
>>
>>2319381
The sad part is, you prolly thought this was a clever post.

> I expect you to never post in this website again
Here's your reply.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.