[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A cat climbed up a tree next to my house and he's stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: 20170214_181348.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_181348.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
A cat climbed up a tree next to my house and he's stuck on a tiny limb. He's about 30 feet up and every time I go out he starts meowing at me wanting help. He's too high up to get a ladder to him. I called the fire dept but they won't help. And I'm too fucking old and fat to climb up the tree without killing myself. I left some food where he can see it but it's not encouraging him to come down. Any ideas? He's been up there all day and I feel bad for him.
>>
>>2317489
>I called the fire dept but they won't help

Lol what a bunch of faggots you should go bomb their fire station that'll get them off their asses atleast.

But for the cat get a taller ladder.
>>
>>2317493
I know. I understand they need the resources but if they really cared, they'd send someone to help.

The tallest ladder I have access to wouldn't even reach half way. I'm thinking about tossing a rope over a higher limb and maybe hooking a basket to it. No idea where I'd find that much rope or if I'd even be able to toss it high enough to get it over a limb though.
>>
>Firefighters that don't want free hero blowjobs for saving a cat

Weird. You must live in a really remote area.

Obviously spite is the only option left. Climb the tree yourself and sue/get your surviving family to sue the fire dept when you fall.
>>
>>2317507
TIME TO BE A FUCKING HERO AND FALL TO VALHALLA
>>
>>2317489
Call them up again. Threaten them l that you will put an add in the local news paper about how they left your cat to die a slow death in a tree.
Fuck, why do we pay taxes...

Next try animal control, your local animal rescues, the police department, put an ad on cragistlist
>>
>>2317489
Tell it to "Do a Flip!"
>>
>>2317514
Is this a meme?
>>
>I called the fire dept but they won't help

My friend once called the fire department when his cat got stuck in a tree. The poor thing had been missing for nearly two weeks before they heard it wailing in the distance. They did send a fire truck out but the ladder couldn't reach it (cat was around 100 ft up) They ended up having to call an arborist to climb the tree and stuff the cat in a bag while he climbed down. Thing was practically a skeleton after being up there so long.
>>
>>2317520
I read that as abortionist
>>
>>2317520
Any idea how much an arborist would charge?
>>
My cat has been caught in a tree since the day it was born
>>
I'd write your city manager, mayor, or council representative to complain about the fire department.

They're not doing fuck all anyway, and it counts as ladder training. As a first responder, at least 90% of the job is public relations so citizens see you in the community and trust you for when something big really does happen.
>>
>>2317489

Why are cats so fucking stupid?
>>
>>2317591
Could say the same about dogs when they run into traffic to chase cars and hurt themselves jumping fences. All animals are retarded.
>>
>>2317616

You can train most of the retard out of a dog
>>
>>2317546
I imagine around $80 or so. Maybe call around and ask. The guy who rescued my friends cat did it for free because he liked animals and the cat was too lethargic to put up much of a fight.

If this cat is feral and becomes a danger to the guy, he's likely to charge extra fees.
>>
You know why the fire department won't help? Because no one has ever seen a cat skeleton lying on a tree limb. If fire fighters went out for calls about 'waaaaah my cat is stuck in a tree' people would be dying in fires because all their trucks would be busy grabbing the same Fucking cats. Maybe you should try calling the person whose job it is to deal with animals, not the people who respond to fire emergencies. Or just wait for the fucker to climb back down because he's just going to do it again next week.

Holy fuck the underage on this board that watched too much Clifford as a kid
>>
>>2317628
>no one has ever seen a cat skeleton lying on a tree limb
this. why are people such enabler and love being manipulated by cunt cats?
CLEARLY the cat will get over its fear at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Nr31Lv6H8
>>
>>2317628
Firemen won't respond to cat in tree calls either because they're afraid of liability or they're just fucking lazy. If a call comes in when getting the cat, you just leave the cat and get on scene. Chances are just as good that you'll be closer to the emergency from the cat than from the station. By your logic, firemen would never train, because what if a fire broke out when they were training?

Also, most departments have volies who would absolutely love nothing more than to suit up and take the big red truck out to get a cat out of a tree, at no cost to the tax payer other than a few gallons of diesel and a picture for the paper/Facebook page. Only problem there being Cheif not authorizing it because his head is filled with images of insurance payments to doctors and/or vets, when the cat buggs out and the both come crashing down. Which is stupid because if they can't get a cat out of a tree, how are they going to respond to autistic kids who ends up on a roof and goes into meltdown when touched? Just code it as a training mission.
>>
>there are people right now who believe it is the role of the fire department to look out for the well being of stray cats, literal pest animals

>>2317637
>by your logic, firemen would never train, etc...
Not true. Training is a planned event so there is adequate coverage by other firefighters while a portion of the crew trains. Scrambling an on-duty fire crew to save a stray cat literally puts other people's lives at risk.
>>
Keep your cat indoors, please.
>>
>>2317679
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>2317650
Bullshit. Chances are it's a volunteer department, like most of the US. In which case, they'd be able to mobilize quicker. Since most time wasted is mustering all the volunteers, and they'd already be together. And like I said before, even an all professional force isn't going to be impacted, and may very well be closer to the emergency if they took this call.

You don't know what you're talking about, just shut the fuck up. We get that you hate cats, don't pretend like you know anything about emergency response.
>>
File: file.png (98KB, 443x540px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
98KB, 443x540px
>This whole thread
>>
>>2317695
how exactly is it a fire departments responsibility to manage stray animals?
>>
target practice
>>
>>2317489

Tell us when the stupid thing gets desperate enough to jump, will ya op?

> hurr durr It's the fire department's responsibility to save retarded vermin from themselves!
>>
>>2317853
>how exactly is it the Coast Guard's responsibility to manage oil spills?
They have boats.

>how exactly is it a police department's responsibility to manage traffic?
They have cars with flashing lights.

>how exactly is it a fire departments responsibility to manage stray animals?
They have ladders.
>>
>>2317869

Oil spills and traffic are orders of magnitude more important than stray cats.
>>
>>2317873
Stray cats are probably more of an ecological disaster than Deep Water Horizon.
>>
>>2317878
So by that logic, why help them not die on trees then?
>>
BARSIK, BARSIK!
>>
>>2317882

So they can die somewhere else
>>
Resident fireman in the house.

Our department no longer goes on animal calls because we once had an officer who was scratched and literally got cat scratch fever. That was it for animal rescues. There have been odd circumstances where we have done it though. About a year ago we got a dead osprey off of some primaries.
>>
>>2317882
I prefer catch, spay, release. But the cat won't die up there unless an owl or hawk gets it.

Cats can survive a fall from a tree.

It's just troubling for the people who love them, or have to put up with the sounds of a stuck cat.
>>
Post an ad on Craigslist asking for help. You may have to pay someone a little bit. You don't need a professional to climb a damn tree. Anyone who can do a pull up can do it. The most difficult thing would be if the cat will cooperate or not so it'd be best to bag it. Worse case scenario it jumps but chances are it'll be fine even at that height since it'd have enough time to readjust and brace itself.

I'd do it but I doubt you're anywhere near me.
>>
>>2317637
Delusional cat fag and volly firefighter detected. Holy fuck how are you this dense? Training missions are planned and supervised with excess crew to handle any important calls. You don't just pack up for a 'training' mission that isn't training, isn't controlled, and isn't planned. There are no extra crews to answer calls of people whose fucking lives are endangered. It's not training at that point, it's a mission. You would literally want people to die so some irresponsible owners cat can get out of a tree sooner so it can do the same Fucking shit next week. The cat isn't even in danger.
>>
>>2317944
My father was a Captain of a fire dept. He never went on calls about cats in trees because he said he has never a dead cat in a tree. It helps that he had cats growing up and had the common sense to know they do come down. Also, they had better shit to do like save lives. Not sure where anon is where firefighters do fuck all in a day, but around here there's actually important shit to do. Every single story I heard about retrieving cats in trees always ended with the cat jumping down anyway, with mixed results.

He did, however, set cat traps around the fire house and would bring the cats to the shelter after his shift.
>>
>>2317944
And I'm sure once one of you gets a small burn you'll stop going on fire calls.
>>
>>2317930
Top kek
https://youtu.be/V_Nr31Lv6H8
>>
>>2317869
>they have ladders so any task requiring a ladder is their responsibility
>the fire department should also be responsible for painting houses, installing ceiling fans, washing skyscraper windows, hanging Christmas lights, putting shit away in your attic, etc
>>
>>2317489
Let it die
>>
>>2318387
That would involves listening to to cat wail for weeks
>>
>>2317520
Kek>>2317695
>y-y-you don kno what u talk about
>I'm scared because I'm losing this exchange
FTFY
>>2317869
Wow you're so stupid that it's cute.
>>
>>2318100

Responding to fires is our job. Saving cats is not.

>>2318007

If you think your father had better things to do, he was lying. Downtime is between 50-75% of our day.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.