[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I'm a fucking mess. I just found out my parents who,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (292KB, 1242x1227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 1242x1227px
Guys I'm a fucking mess. I just found out my parents who, yes I still live with, made an appointment to have my dog put down. He was my first dog I ever bought myself from a shelter and raised to be my own and they did this without my knowledge. They already paid in full and can't get a refund so there's no going back. I just need some help coping with this and preparing myself for it. Any advice from people who have gone through it before?
>>
>>2316797

put your parents down
>>
>>2316797
Dogs die man. It happens. You'll get over it eventually. Just think of all the good times you had instead of the fact that he is dead which was bound to happen eventually.
>>
>>2316798
Honestly if I could I would choose him over them. All they do is argue and yell and fight. Whenever they're gone and don't want me I always had him and now he's gone. He loved me. He slept with me in my bed, I even trained him to walk along side with me on walks without needing a leash. And like that they're just pulling him away from me
>>
>>2316799
He's only three years old. I was at least expecting to get another 5 or 6 years. This is completely out of left field
>>
Why is he getting put down?
>>
>>2316797
Ask them how you'd feel if you put your foot through their TV.
>>
>>2316797
I don't think they will out a healthy dog down for no reason. I know pounds do it but not for two people who don't want a dog anymore. They would make them surrender it to be adopted first.
>>
>>2316803
He has ME (megaesophagus) so that was really bad when we found out. But I did everything. Built him a chair, bought and prepared special food for him, even shelled out tons of money for him to get medication to help gain weight, and he was doing amazing and so happy, but I left for a few weeks and my parents watched him, and I came back and it was like they didn't do anything they were supposed to. They just gave him food in a normal bowl. I'm not around a lot for a while. They say it's because he has something more than that, and the best thing to do is put him down, but I think it's because they just don't like him at all. They hate he needs special stuff, all the other dogs are assholes and always bark at him, and he doesn't like either of my parents. He only listens to me
>>
>>2316808

Sounds like your parents are cunts and you need to move out. Not much you can do about it in the meantime; you can't exactly force your parents to keep a dog in their house.
>>
>>2316812
It's not even that they're putting him down. It's that they are only telling me about it like a day or two before hand. I knew I would have to put him down, and he wouldn't be able to live as long as usual, but I planned to give him the best fucking last weeks he could ask for. But now I can't do shit. Even worse I'm now having to make sure I can get of work the day of so at least he won't go alone not being loved
>>
put your parents down they're assholes
>>
OP you don't have to let your parents put your dog down.

Right now you are saying there's no going back because they already paid for it and can't get a refund. So what? So let them waste their damn money, they shouldn't have committed to something like that without consulting you first--he's YOUR dog.

So don't fucking let them put him down. Don't let them take him to do that. Keep him home, or hide him out at a friend's house or something, whatever you need to do to make sure that appointment comes and goes and he MISSES it. Do not let your parents kill your dog because he has a manageable condition.

Continue caring for him and give him the best damn rest of his life you can. Don't allow your parents to end his life before his time.
>>
>>2316830

This. Maybe you can pay them back if they get bitchy about the cost.
>>
I say don't go, they can't force you to go, just go somewhere where they can't reach you and your dog and wait until the appointment is cancelled.Or tell the shelter that the parents did it without your permission, i'm sure they'll cancel it then.
>>
>>2316797
>It's already paid for

Oh no. I hear once you pay for something it's illegal to not do it. I bought my friend a colonic and they tracked him down and they flushed out his insides immediately.

Just don't go, it's their own fault for wasting money. Just reschedule on your own dime when your dog gets too sick.
>>
>>2316801
>if I could I would choose him over them
Curious, why can't you choose the dog? You'e parents sound like scum. You already mentioned you have a job so what's stopping you from moving out and taking the dog? Or even paying for a boarding kennel until you find someone who can look after him longterm.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.