[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how dangerous molding or rotten fruit is for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: dogsnacks.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
dogsnacks.gif
2MB, 310x325px
Does anyone know how dangerous molding or rotten fruit is for dogs? I have two orange trees in my back yard and they constantly drop oranges that begin to mold and rot pretty soon after landing. I want to get a dog but I'm not sure if something bad will happen if a dog eats a rotting orange.
>>
Why don't you pick the fucking oranges and eat them yourself before they fall off the tree? There are entire countries in Africa that could survive on those oranges and you're worried about having too many of them laying around on the ground rotting? Check your first world privilege and eat your fucking oranges, shitlord.
>>
>>2316735
I do. There are just way too many oranges. and they go bad so fast after hitting the ground that I'm not always there to grab them the second they fall. Also birds and shit are always pecking holes in them making them rot faster. I already have infinite orange juice and still a million oranges on the floor.
>>
pretty sure they'll just get drunk lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50tlF3kGbT4
>>
>>2316743
Cut down the tree if it's that annoying?
>>
>>2317217
>cutting down delicious orange tree
you mad dog?
>>
>>2316730
Dogs will likely not touch the oranges. My dog ate an actual lemon once but won't touch the oranges in my yard.
Moldy/rotten food is obviously dangerous though, yes. If a dog were to eat them, it'd be a good idea to take them to the vet.
>>
>>2316735

THIS

Send your rotting food to those starving children. Hopefully it'll make them deathly I'll and put them out of their misery.

Have a heart, OP
>>
They're not as dangerous as some ITT might think (even for YOU to consume, much less the dog) but it's still not a good idea to let the pooch eat willy nilly. Worst case scenario he suffers ethanol poisoning from the fermented fruit (you know that mold? it's wild yeast. They love fruits).
>>
>>2316743
Give oranges to your friends/family?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170216-102706.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170216-102706.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
I have a small orchard. My dog usually won't eat ground apples or peaches, but she will eat bing cherries as I'm picking them. She eats several of these, to the point I have to put her up.
Deer love the apples on the ground, they would rather eat the rotting ones than the ones they can reach on the tree.
Ive never had an issue with her and when I asked my vet they just kind of dismissed it like it was no big deal.
>>
>>2316730

I shared a house with a guy whose German Shepard would run straight from the compost pile and eat decomposing cabbage in huge amounts and then puke it out again
>>
My oranges don't rot that fast, so it's pretty easy to just pick them up. But he does eat plenty of oranges of the ground. He makes a hole then devours everything from there.
>>
>>2316743
Sell those fuckers. Put them in a basket, take them to the farmer's market, sit at one of the benches with a basket of oranges, and people will flock to you.
>>
>>2317217
>>2316730
One orange is like 1$ in Poland (around 4pln). The lowest wage in Poland is 1.4k pln. Do your math now
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.