[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cat vomits dry food and white foam >i remove dry food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: cat.jpg (47KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
47KB, 550x700px
>cat vomits dry food and white foam
>i remove dry food for 3 days
>not white foam or dry food vomit for 3 days
>i put back the dry food
>wake up in the morning to cat vomiting white foam

am i retarded or the dry food really bad for my cat and causes the dude to vomit? should to stick to wet and homemade stuff? like boiled chicken breast?
>>
>>2316105
sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm really nervous and don't know what to do.
>>
>>2316105
How much food is the cat eating? If your cat is used to eating wet food instead of free range dry food, they will not show constraint. Meaning they will eat til they puke then eat more.
>>
Food allergies can develop when you feed your cat the same thing for forever. Switch brands.
>>
>>2316110
>How much food is the cat eating
He used to eat a lot, but now would vomit even if it's a very small amount.
And the white foam? it happens ONLY when he eats dry food.
>>
>>2316122
It's only been 4 months. i heard it's a shit brand tho "Mera Cat", it's German. Before that it was just wet food in the morning and boiled chicken breasts at night. i was doing that for 4 years! we were HAPPY :( then this vet told me "dry is good" i started feeding him dry, and everything went downhill.
>>
>>2316133

Fuck what the vet says then.
>>
White foam was usually from my cat getting crunchy food stuck in her throat from eating too fast. If he's used to wet, just keep him on wet.
>>
>>2316133
>>2316134

Dry is good, and cheaper for you as well. Its healthier for the cats teeth since they need to chew, and if you buy good dry food(Royal Canin, Hills, Carnilove) it usually has better nutritional values than wet.

But if your cat can't handle it your cat can't handle it. Try mixing, a little less wet food and a little dry. Increase slowly. If its because your cat is unused this should help if you take it slow.
>>
>>2316133
>>2317283
This is shit. Royal Canon and Hills is also TOTAL shit. Never heard of the other one so I can't say. If you think those have good nutritional value then you need to reevulate your information.

OP should be feeding his male cat primarily wet food. We get enough threads about male cats having UTIs or kidney failure. Male cats eating only dry food are noctrious for developing UTIs, urinary crystals(which is agonizing pain, can speak from experience even on morphine) and kidney failure. Cats also have a low thrust drive and will become dehydrated before they drink water even if they have access to it 24/7. They will chronically dehydrate themselves which is not good. Don't listen to this anon. 'its better for their teeth' is also bullshit. It does not 'scrape off bacteria' but a crunch ain't bad. You could throw in some raw food into his diet that isn't just chicken breast.

Personally I feed a mix of wet and dry. Mostly wet, almost exclusively wet for my male cat. They get organs too. They go nuts for chicken liver and hearts mixed up in their food.
I'm not sure what wet food you have in your country but take a look around at ingridents. Avoid fillers like grains and corn. Cats do not need vegetables and unlike dogs, cats need the higher protein, meat and most importantly taurine.
>>
>>2317283
Is this the same person showing up in all of these threads? The post seems almost verbatim every time. In any case, yeah, no, everything in this post is bullshit.
>>
>>2317323

I've been told Royal Canin was supposed to be overrated and better for dogs than cats, but that Hills was good. I might be wrong on that. Neither are total shit though, and far better than the vast majority of dry food.

Carnilove is definitely better, not sure which countries it exists in though. As long as it has good nutritional values then there's nothing wrong with your dry food.

Problem with dry food is that there's a lot of crap brands at every store. Even crap wet food is usually better than crap dry food.
>>
File: royal canin.png (225KB, 928x505px) Image search: [Google]
royal canin.png
225KB, 928x505px
>>2317365
>Neither are total shit though, and far better than the vast majority of dry food.
They're shit m8. Totally. They're just shit for $5/lb. Maybe they compare "reasonably well" to whatever you might find at Wally World, but that really, really shouldn't be your standard for quality in pet food.

Biggest issue with wet food is that because there's so much water in it, you have to feed 3-4 times as much by volume, which gets expensive really fast. If you go by feeding recommendations on the packaging, Friskies wet food costs nearly as much as Wellness Core.
>>
>>2317365
Royal Canin used to be good. I used to feed it to my cats years ago but they took a high dive in quality. There is good quality dry foods too but for cats, a mostly wet diet is highly preferred if not mainly for dehydration issues associated with cats.

There is tons of shitty wet and shitty dry foods. No one is arguing against that. If someone really doesn't want too or can't shell out for quality, I rather them feed shitty wet food. Or alternatively, a mostly wet(regardless of quality) with some good quality dry food. Some supermarket cat and dog foods have also upped their quality. May not be the best but it's better than friskies and ole roy.

Again, hydration is extremely important especially for male cats. I've known so many male cats, and have seen plenty of threads just on /an/ alone die due to kidney related issues because of their dry food. It's a slow burn and by the time it's caught, more often than not the damage has been done. Treatment is also very expensive and tends to be on-going, so vet bills later will run you higher than the food.
This doesn't seem to be the case with female cats as far as my experience goes, but it's safe to say they would also benefit.

Tl;dr feed wet or mostly wet
>>
File: chrome_2017-02-15_02-29-53.png (163KB, 981x558px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-15_02-29-53.png
163KB, 981x558px
>>2317379

This is what I feed my cats with now, though I used to do Hills a lot in the past.

I should probably give more wet though. My cats do drink a lot of water, since they love to drink from the running faucet. Not sure if it's enough or not though.
>>
>>2317403
Carnilove looks good aside from some useless shit but most brands just shove more stuff in it anyway.

Cats don't seem very enticed by still water so there are 'fountains' for cats. Still they don't realize when they're dehydrated. I rarely see my male cat drink water, usually during hot summer days but he gets a lot of mositure from his food. My female drinks more but she's also almost 17 and does sudden, heavy duty laps around the house at random intervals as opposed to the 4 year old male who rather sleep in the sun and roll around. I suppose with her age and her excerise routine she needs more.
>>
>>2317379
>>2317403

i feed my cats dry food, but serve it in a bowl with water in it. for some reason they go bananas over this, happily lapping up all the water and the now squishy kibbles. so that might be a good trick if you serve your cats predominantly dry food
>>
>>2317283
That is a myth; cats don't even chew their food long enough for the 'kibble cleans their teeth!' meme to even theoretically work. They actually don't even chew the food enough to properly digest it most of the time, leaving them to vomit the chunks. Royal Canin is pretty shit brand, the only thing good going for it is it's limited ingredient foods. Hills is just rich enough to shill everywhere, it's shit. There is no way any dry food has better nutritional value for a cat than wet food. To make it dry, it has to be full of carbohydrates, and cats need very very very little carbs; any food over 5% carbs is considered not healthy for a cat. Ideally no cat should be fed dry food as cats get most of their water through eating. Otherwise cats don't actually drink water until they are already dehydrated. Dry food literally causes liver and kidney failure because of the amount of carbs and dehydrated cats.

That being said, if you can't afford or feed your cat wet food that's fine so long as you feed your cat. I don't care if you feed your cat Friskies, just don't spread false information to someone who is willing and able to feed their cat something better.

>>2317365
Canin and hills aren't really the bottom of the barrel, but my lord are they close. They aren't quite as bad as Friskies/Meow Mix tier, but they aren't mid grade like Blue Buffalo. Blue Buff has also taken a big dive in quality too though

>>2317410
Adding water to the dry food doesn't actually make the dry food dehydrate them any less. The hydrolysis that happens may change the physical appearance but the chemical formula still dehydrates the body as it goes through the small intestines just as with dry.
>>
>>2317410
I read that doesn't work from a few places. Can't find a source right now since I'm at work.

>>2317425
Seconded on Blue Buffalo. They went downhill too. I've been looking for non-chicken and turkey cat food but it's pretty hard to find something that doesn't add it as a byproduct and grain and corn shit. My one cat gets horrible scabs on her face and neck, and her fur goes to shit from chicken products(though not liver and hearts) so I assume it's an allergy.
>>
>>2317425
>Adding water to the dry food doesn't actually make the dry food dehydrate them any less. The hydrolysis that happens may change the physical appearance but the chemical formula still dehydrates the body as it goes through the small intestines just as with dry.
I've literally never heard anyone talk about dry food actively dehydrating a cat, and it sounds like you're implying that dry food will actively dehydrate a cat regardless of how much water they drink, which is really hard to believe.
>>
>>2317283
>dry food is good for cats
>t. chinese businessman
>>
>>2317425
My cat had a long life eating dry and wet food. I fed him wet exclusively until death. He was super old.
>>
>>2317437
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Cats can beat dehydration by drinking water, I didn't try to imply that feeding dry food means a cat will never be hydrated even while drinking water. What I am saying is a moist piece of kibble will still absorb water inside the feline intestines.

>>2317453
I've had a cat live to 21 years free feeding dry food and being left outdoors. Anecdotal evidence my friend. Just because our cats didn't get kidney disease does not mean dry food does not cause kidney disease. Like I said Idgaf what people feed their pets as long as the animal can live well off it. As long as you're feeding it it's fine. I'm just stating facts.

>>2317428
Are you feeding wet or dry? If money isn't an issue there's a lot of wet foods to choose from that are top notch. But switching from dry to wet is a pain in the ass and sometimes not doable for the situation
http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/
>>
>>2317425
>>2317437

Dry food does dehydrate them, but surely adding water that they lap up with it will hydrate them more(because they like the taste of the food tasting water) than not adding anything.
>>
>>2317459
>a moist piece of kibble will still absorb water inside the feline intestines.
Not if it's saturated. Dry cat food doesn't magically suck up an infinite amount of moisture from its surroundings.
>>
>>2316105
OP here, again i stopped the dry food and fed him only wet and he didn't vomit at all, he seems a lot better tho, sleeps better, plays more etc. I just stopped the dry food, i don't know what's it called but the thing really makes the cat vomit, he vomits the dry food and/or white foam. No dry food = no vomiting food, no vomiting white foam. The problem is, i can't afford all that wet food, he eats 2 cans per day both 85 g. That's why I'm trying to mix it with homemade food. I currently feed him Fancy Feast and Royal Canin, both wet, that's the only not-literally-shit cat food available in my terrible country. I don't know what to fucking do.
>>
>>2317329
I suspect we're being shilled at by pet food industry representatives.

>>2317283
>CARBS
>EVER GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH

Hydrating it is retarded because it opens the door to pathogens unless you throw the bowl out immediately after kitty's done, and I guarantee none of you ITT has that insight, it's fucking /an/ and I know catfags on /an/.
>>
>>2317512
Try mixing very small amounts of dry food into the wet food. Increase the amount a little bit every three or four days.
Mixing it with some amount of homemade food is okay, but unless you can get a vet nutritionist to come up with a balanced formula for him, the majority of what he eats should be the wet or dry cat food.

Does he drink a lot of water? If you want to switch him mainly to dry food it's important that he's drinking a lot, especially since he's male. You can encourage him by making a small water fountain. There are small water pumps on eBay for pretty cheap. Place one in a large bowl or storage container.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.