[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/herp/ - Reptile & Amphibian General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 97

File: ArabianToadHeadedAgama.jpg (360KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
ArabianToadHeadedAgama.jpg
360KB, 1024x681px
previous thread >>2302245

/herp/ reptile classifieds for finding breeders of various scaled and sundry creatures

>kingsnake.com
>faunaclassifieds.com
>reptilescanada.com (Canadian breeders)
>Also check to see if there are any annual reptile shows/expos in your area as these are good places to find good animals from good breeders at partial discount

/herp/ officially official all purpose care sheet of wonder and magic

>sand a shit
>use a thermostat
>read all the caresheets
>set up your tank before you get your herp
>regulate temps & humidity levels prior to herp arrival
>do not fuck with (handle) your herp for at least 7 days after bringing it home and ideally wait until herp has eaten at least one meal (for snakes), two meals for lizards, frogs, etc.
>PVC tanks are way better for most applications and worth the extra money
>it is best to avoid chain pet stores when looking to purchase live animals as mass breeder suppliers are not especially careful about health and sound genetics... it often saves you money long term to spend a little extra up front to get a healthy animal
>>
File: Persian-toad-agama-on-a-rock.jpg (57KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
Persian-toad-agama-on-a-rock.jpg
57KB, 650x488px
>>
File: ShieldTailAgama.jpg (416KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ShieldTailAgama.jpg
416KB, 1280x1280px
Weirdest tail I have ever seen on a lizard. There are also knob tailed geckos but even those are quite so... prehistoric armor looking as this.
>>
File: ShieldTail2.jpg (410KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ShieldTail2.jpg
410KB, 1024x683px
>>
Whats the best way for me to go about taming my beardie?
I've had him since November and he's about 12-14 inches long
but he still freaks out a little when i try to pick him up.
He's definitely not hand shy, he takes anything from my hand bugs or veggies [spoiler]even a qtip when i tried to get some shed off his nose[/spoiler]

what kind of handling schedule should I adopt

also this is probably just me being paranoid, but how much should I be feeding him at this stage? Almost all the guides tell you how to feed a baby and how to feed adults but nothing about juveniles. and I see mixed advice about feeding once a day or every other day. He's currently eating 10-12 medium super worms on the daily along with a little bit of greens
>>
>>2310933

Mine sometimes squirms for a sec or two until her butt and tail and supported.

Sometimes they just don't feel social but most of the time they are down to be out and explore. They are very interested in the world around them.

My girl is a few weeks shy of 3 months (from hatch) (13in) and she eats more than that easily.

Remember greens shouldn't be a big thing in his diet but as he transitions he will eat more. Yours may be older than mine.

She has I'd say about a 2 inch diameter of mustard greens with some cilantro. Then she eats about three meals a day. I rotate what I do but basically this is how much she has in a day.

14-18 medium dubia
6-8 supers
2-3 butter or wax worms
4-6 Phoenix worms

Sometimes I'll give her a meal worm or two but not often.

She isn't fat but she is growing fast as heck.
>>
File: 20170122_150844.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_150844.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
I guess I'll post some snek head here too.
>>
>>2310959
hm im gonna have to start a breeding colony of something
and its not like hes malnourished though, hes definitely got that beardie potato shape going on
I'm just not sure where that line is of eating enough vs eating because they can
>>
>>2311007

I wasn't worried too much really. My girl eats a lot. I have been scaling her back a bit to be safe and may a bit more.

She is also much bigger than her siblings. It's a small dance between how much they need to grow properly and just because they want to gobble.
>>
>>2311011
my biggest problem is i dont actually know how old mine is
I got when he was really small but it was from a petco (i know thats bad but I work there and grabbed him the day he came in, he was a very beautiful red and I could tell it would get better)

so yeah I have no idea how old the beardies we get in shipments are, but they sound like the same size so I assume he's got to be in the 3-5 month range
>>
Which reminds me, how do you guys who have beardies beardie-proof your room
nothing scares me more than the thought of his making a dash and getting behind something he shouldnt
>>
File: lg1.jpg (95KB, 740x370px) Image search: [Google]
lg1.jpg
95KB, 740x370px
https://discord.gg/28Tsg7v

Hey guy's we have a discord going for /herp/ general so if you want to post pictures or talk to other /an/ users and get a more immediate respond come hop in and check it out.
>>
File: tumblr_ohfk12vt7d1r3dvg3o2_540.jpg (367KB, 540x772px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohfk12vt7d1r3dvg3o2_540.jpg
367KB, 540x772px
>>2310877
I'm pretty new to the hobby. I've read many care sheets on different species, whether they be monitors, geckos, or pythons, to name a few.
Thing is, many say "mist your terrarium if you need to raise humidity" and "raise the temperature of your heat pads/get a stronger heat lamp if you need extra heat"
But how would you achieve the opposite? For example, if you need to lower the humidity because you live in a very humid area, and viceversa.
>>
>>2311186
To lower humidity there are there main things:

>use a substrate that does not hold moisture; aspen shavings, tile, paper towel etc.
>use overhead lamp heating -bulbs or ceramic heat emitters- rather than under tank heaters/heat tape/heat cable
>increase air flow and ventilation. Leave screen top clear of anything other than heating/lighting fixtures. If you have a wood or pvc tank drill more holes. Run a low power fan in the room. If feasible for your herp you could use an all screen enclosure.

The last resort is a dehumidifier.
>>
>>2311242
Also, tip for achieving correct heat gradient with herps like arid snakes and leopard geckos who do best with belly heat: create a multi level setup with the warm side hide at higher elevation than floor level, directly below heat lamp. This allows a lower wattage bulb to be used and, depending on room temperature, cool side temp to be in the correct low range even in small tanks.
>>
Also also, a ceramic heat emitter or radiant heat panel is recommended for this style of care as they do not emit light and can provide heating 24 hours without disrupting herp's day night cycle.
>>
File: IMG_20170202_160138.jpg (902KB, 2032x3309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_160138.jpg
902KB, 2032x3309px
>>2311019

Sounds like yours likes his veggies and stuff so I'd guess a bit older, maybe 5. Plus his size. Not saying he cannot be big but a lot of ones placed like Petco get in are from younger breeders (1 year vs 2+) and tend to be smaller.

He could be growing fast and mine is just an oddly big girl for her age (like 3x wide as her siblings and 4 in longer).

He could just be a big boy overall.

>>2311020

Honestly I haven't proofed my room because between my kids and small dog I have to keep an eye on her the whole time and she doesn't really do a bust out run.

When it's just me and I let he out on the floor I use blankets or towels to stuff places and keep them blocked. I sometimes let her out on the kitchen floor and just block off the exit area and there is really no where for her to go.

Some people use metal dog pens or baby gate like pens. Basically just stuff holes and you should be good.
>>
I'm thinking on getting myself a blue tongue skink and i'm really confused at the height it should have. Some people have told me it needs 45cm of height.

Can any experienced anon help me figure this out? Height is important because of the lighting lamps that should go on top of the tanks.

If i'm spewing nonsense feel free to insult me and correct me.
>>
>>2311282
The tanks suited for them usually come with like 50cm height by default anyway. BTS actually will climb occasionally if you put in some barks and branches.
>>
>>2311283
I was thinking on building a custom one. Would 40cm be enough for the animal to be comfortable??
>>
>>2311289
Should be fine. What's important is a lot of ground space.
>>
I am afraid of handling my blue-tongue skink. He appears to have been wild caught and bites, claws to the point of bleeding, hisses, and runs away if I ever try to bring him out of his enclosure. I'm starting to think I should rehome him as I'm not fit to care for him, yet I feel bad about giving away animals since I feel kind of like you've made an investment into your family and you wouldn't give a kid away just because he was violent. What should I do?
>>
>>2311291
Then don't handle it unless it's necessary? It's a reptile after all...
>>
File: jcps.jpg (769KB, 2391x1345px) Image search: [Google]
jcps.jpg
769KB, 2391x1345px
>>2310998
did someone say snake head
>>
File: ID_Snakehead_1200x490.jpg (202KB, 1200x490px) Image search: [Google]
ID_Snakehead_1200x490.jpg
202KB, 1200x490px
>>2311302
did someone say snakehead?
>>
File: CrugosaNGfemale.jpg (14KB, 622x311px) Image search: [Google]
CrugosaNGfemale.jpg
14KB, 622x311px
>>2311306
did someone snake head?
>>
>>2311294
I got a BTS because I was told they were super friendly and "the dogs of the reptile world," so I was expecting a chill lizard that would sit on my lap.
>>
>>2311452
>le cuddle lizard maymay
If you want a dog, get a dog.
>>
>>2311466
I don't like fluffy animals, I like herps.

Also my bullfrog is super chill and voluntarily hops into my lap and "burrows" there while I do my work, and they don't have a reputation for being friendly, while these lizards do.
>>
File: 1461450541333.jpg (640KB, 995x621px) Image search: [Google]
1461450541333.jpg
640KB, 995x621px
>>2311472
>Also my bullfrog is super chill and voluntarily hops into my lap and "burrows" there while I do my work
So you're one of those clueless retards who don't know shit about their pets and explain everything by anthropomorphising them, great.

Get the BTS a proper owner who isn't a dumbfuck, and the frog as well.
>>
>>2311476
kek, I've owned the frog for 5 years, he isn't going anywhere
I know he doesn't give a shit about me. That's kind of the beauty of owning a frog; they just sit there and look cool. Same with axolotls.

I think I'm more of an amphibian person in general and should stick to those. I want to find someone who is as passionate about lizards as I am about herps to care for my BTS. I do agree that my care for the BTS is less than optimal, but it's my first reptile, so I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm retarded, just inexperienced.
>>
>>2311019
>a petco (i know thats bad
First time /an/ browser here, what's bad about petco?
>>
>>2311476
How are you not banned for being such a piece of shit to everyone in these threads
>>
>>2311773
>he hurt my feelings, ban him!
back to tumblr
>>
hey /herp/, I'm a reptile newbie so bear with me

I've taken care of lots of difficult dogs I've always wanted a scaly friend and I finally have enough space and the money for it do I'm gonna finally do it. as far as I'm aware, bearded dragons, leopard geckos, and corn snakes are all considered "beginner" reptiles and are my ideal choices, I'm wondering if any one is much better than the other? my first choice would be corn snake, I love snakes a lot, but I don't know if something like a beardie would be better for my experience level. what do you guys think is best?
>>
>>2311779
Depends on what you want from your reptile. From those three, a corn snake is the lowest maintenance, though probably also the least active. Snakes will sometimes just hide for several days if they feel like it or before shedding.

Corns and leos are mostly active at dusk/night and only occasionally show themselves during the day.

Bearded dragons are omnivorous, so a varied diet will take more effort than for the other two.
>>
>>2311782
Corn snakes are more active than leopard geckos in my experience.

I would go with snek. Only reason a snake isn't best choice for first reptile is if owner is squeamish about snakes and their diet. Otherwise they're the easiest by far. No dealing with supplemental powders or live insects.
>>
>>2311779
How terrible are you with being bitten

Most corn snakes are nice but some are kind of bitchy and bite and get to about 4 feet

A leopard gecko will never bite you. But I've owned both and they're both great
>>
>>2311782
>mostly active at dusk/night
That's actually perfect with my work schedule and lifestyle

>>2311885
>if owner is squeamish about snakes and their diet.
I'm absolutely not squeamish at all so no problem there

>>2311896
I work with crazy ass dogs, so being bitten by a snake is no big deal to me honestly

how were leopard geckos with handling? I know that reptiles are typically a more look rather than touch type pet, but from my understanding some do tolerate it more than others
>>
>>2311186
Misting doesn't raise humidity all that well. The best way to raise humidity is to reduce ventilation and use a high-humidity bedding like EcoEarth, ReptiChip, etc. Bigger water bowls will also help. Aspen and paper beddings like Carefresh/Critter Care tends to suck the humidity from the air, so you'll need to have a higher starting humidity in the enclosure than you'd need for the beddings I mentioned before.

The best way to raise temperatures in the enclosure is to heat the room with a space heater to 75-85F depending on the specie's low end needs. If you can't do that, then yes, get an RHP/CHE or get a higher wattage RHP/CHE. Heat lamps are not the best heat source as they put out light, meaning you can only leave it on 12 hours a day or it will greatly disrupt their day/night schedule.

To lower humidity, your best bet is to change to a low humidity bedding like aspen, Critter Care, etc. and/or increase ventilation. Using a smaller water bowl would also help, where applicable. RHPs and CHEs will lower the humidity faster than a UTH/heat tape, but for the first few days running it will still be very high until things dry out a bit.
>>
File: IMG_6941.jpg (919KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6941.jpg
919KB, 3264x2448px
>>2311907
My Leo was very easy to handle and she would usually just chill on my. Leo's can be a bit skittish but overall they are pretty good for handling as long as you don't stress them out too much

I miss her a lot
>>
>>2311775
no telling people to fuck off and calling them retards without correcting any of their mistakes is only a detriment to these threads.
I won't tell you to stop insulting people because who gives a fuck, but at least tell them why they're wrong otherwise you're just being pissy with personal attacks
>>2311758
with petco or petsmart its just kind of a crapshoot really
Some stores, such as my own actually have people who try to stay knowledgeable on the care and upkeep of our animals. Some however couldnt give a rats ass about them

also the animals we have are a mystery, you dont really know how old they are, if they have any problems, if they've brought any diseases, etc
you're best off finding breeders locally or online
also chain pet stores have a huge tendency to price gouge. We charge 60 bucks per baby beardie and 80 for ball pythons. its really stupid
conversely with beardies and leos that can work in your favor. I got my beardie for like 40$ and he's a beautiful red orange color; definitely would have paid 120+ from an actual breeder
>>
File: received_1924160054483116.jpg (163KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
received_1924160054483116.jpg
163KB, 1334x750px
Rescued this snek from another home.
Came with what she had.

>Waterbowl way too small.
>Hidey hole way too small.
>Dumb wood shaving shit as a flooring.
>Overall container way too small (shes 1.7m).

Bout to drop fat cash on her this arvo to make her feel comfortable.
>>
>>2312128

Ah black headed pythons sure are pretty.

Are you going to do something like an eco-earth with bedding or sand mix?

Most people don't realize they need bigger cages.

Something like 6ft*2ft*3ft I believe.

Be cool to see the finished setup.
>>
>>2312128
do you live in Australia anon because i have a hard time envisioning someone statesite who would drop that much money on a snake to not take care of it properly
>>
File: received_1924202237812231.jpg (91KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
received_1924202237812231.jpg
91KB, 1334x750px
>>2312156
This is what i managed to dredge up for $350 today, not shown is the uv light, 3 frozen rats and the reptile moisturiser. I also ordered a bigger tank for her but that has to wait till thursday.

>her initial waterbowl wasnt half that size
>her initial hide wasnt a quarter of that size

Shes acting pretty stoked right now, cant wait to assemble her next tank and see how curious she gets.
>>
File: received_1924202291145559.jpg (62KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
received_1924202291145559.jpg
62KB, 750x1334px
>>2312192
Yeah im in aus

>little stoked snek loving her new digs
>>
File: IMG_20170202_155356_302.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_155356_302.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>
>>2312225

Jeeze I didn't realize how small her tank was until you posted that picture.

Seems like they must have got her stuff when she was small and never wanted to spend the money to upgrade her habitat and items.
>>
>>2312225
Gallons?
>>
>>2312225
Why sand?
>>
>>2312391
personally id add something to the sand to help firm it up a little, maybe some excavator clay
but for these snakes, sand isn't an awful choice
they live in N/NW Australia so there's lots of scrub and actual sand and they can burrow
>>
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/geckos-new-species-tear-away-scales/
>>
>"24 small crickets please"
>"here you go sir"
>Godzilla cricket and his two slightly smaller buddies

Why can't one of you fags open a herp shop near me.
>>
>>2311928
How much years did she/he live?
>>
>>2311758
>le balding baseball guy meme
>>
>>2311779
snakes are easier to take care of. conditions are less specific and they are very hardy and able to weather through any small mistakes you make
>>
>>2312128
beautiful snek
>>
>>2312391
sand a shit mostly applies to lizards.
>>
>>2312391
>>2312412

The mixing is right. Sand mixed with eco earth and one other material is generally suggested from most I have seen around.

I've been meaning to find a mix to make a safe excavator clay that is decent for things like Beardies and Uromaystx to dig in but that would be a bunch of trial and error.

Plus I hear mixed results based on water used (suggested vs less or more).

Then again a sperate container with something to dig in would be easiest for lizards.
>>
Snapping turtles are weird, when they have their mouth open it's either incredibly cute or horrifying
>>
File: 20170207_221203-3628x2721.jpg (1MB, 3628x2721px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_221203-3628x2721.jpg
1MB, 3628x2721px
Rate my setup
>>
File: 20170207_161953.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_161953.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2312728
And the noodle herself
>>
>>2312728

Provide a better picture please. Too small.
>>
>>2312732
I resized it because the stupid size limitations on here and that's the best I could do. Sorry for the shitty lighting too
>>
>>2312747

What is your substrate? Coconut? Walnut? Can't tell how the fibers are, grain or long. Looks grainy.
>>
>>2312442
Weirdness.
>>
>>2312542
It's also a poor choice for the commonly kept species in the west, either native to americas or the arid (but not desert) parts of africa. Care for aussie snakes is a bit different, although you still want to do a sand/soil mix with many of those rather than straight sand.
>>
File: snake head.jpg (26KB, 325x386px) Image search: [Google]
snake head.jpg
26KB, 325x386px
>>2311373
Did someone say Snake head?
>>
>>2311476
we had one of these shitposters in /aq/ everyone just ignored him.
>>
>>2312226
beautiful
>>
File: A.jpg (40KB, 600x759px) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
40KB, 600x759px
>>2311476
you the same nigga who was in the aquatic shrimp threads? i literally got a herb because of your trolling lol
>>
File: IMG_20170208_112358.jpg (1MB, 2591x4140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_112358.jpg
1MB, 2591x4140px
Finally got a chance to fully clean and reset my armadillo lizards cage.

There was shit and urate all over the sand. Like pictured in next post.

Gave the little guy a bath and sucked up the top inch of sand they had in there which left 1.5in clean sand so I out coconut bedding on top since he needed more humidity.

Disinfected and reset his water (in the cave which has flat rocks he can hide on).

The grout they did on the back wall still has white urate stains on it but the actual bits and fecals have been all cleaned off.

This is just a temporary clean/fix until I set him up in a horizontal setup which will be nicer and rip this cage apart and take out all the stuff the previous owners did to it.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_181025.jpg (500KB, 1972x1494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_181025.jpg
500KB, 1972x1494px
>>2313081

There is the idea of the mess the bottom was. Plus he couldn't keep semi clean with it like that.
>>
>>2312788
Coconut fiber
>>
How can I be 100% sure that I buy feeder insects that aren't infected with Cryptosporidium
>>
>>2313204

There is no 100% but if you buy online check out a placed reputation. There are legit and safe onlne. If you have any local stores as long as they aren't a shady place that is dirty, has sick animals, or the owner doesn't know shit you should be good.

Lastly you can try to breed your own. Generally not worth it unless you have a need for a lot of feeders.
>>
>>2311758
>Overpriced
>Doesn't give a shit about their animals
>Doesn't actually know anything about their animals

>>2312536
Wow, you're very informative! Thank you for your worthwhile and helpful contribution to the thread! You sure showed that anon! Dumb newfags, ree!
>>
>>2313081
Cant see shit captain.
It's so blurry
>>
File: IMG_0410.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
My dog keeps trying to get in the gecko cage, should I be worried about him eating the geckos, or is it just something that dogs do. Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
File: IMG_0410.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>2313409
whoops, forgot to rotate pic
>>
>>2313411
>>2313409
you should, it's also extremely stressful for them.
Move the enclosure or hit the dog
>>
>>2312811
oh yeah but I never figured people would assume sand goes with corn snakes or balls.
>>
>>2313409
you should. dogs will eat any small animal that comes near their mouths unless you specifically train them otherwise. also the geckos are probably stressed out just by seeing it paw at the cage.
>>
>>2313213
So where does /herp/ order feeders? I was looking at Josh's frogs and a few other sites I can't think of at the moment
>>
>>2312455
because most of us are poor millenials who can barely keep ourselves housed much less open up a reptile shop and do something we love for a living :(
>>
>>2312728
that coco fiber looks way sexier than what i get around here. not sure how that's even a thing but yeah.. the stuff that i buy around the PNW tends to be much darker color wise. cool tank too. one of the few vivariums i've looked at and actually said "wow someone made the contact paper look like part of the tank and not just a way to block off some of the sides"
>>
>>2313409
yeeeah, that tank should either be higher off the ground or that dog should gtfo out of that room
>>
File: IMG-20170209-WA0030.jpg (94KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170209-WA0030.jpg
94KB, 1600x900px
>>2312391
My Orion has a new substrate!! Not more papertowels! Its ECO earth he's so excited right now! Im satisfied with this substrate it smells good also a safe choice :)
>>
>>2313775
My main two sources are Big Cheese and Perfect Prey. I used to use Layne Labs, but living on the east coast their prices are prohibitive with shipping included.
>>
>>2312728

7/10

Looks good and doesn't seem empty. There is just something off to me I can't really tell what it is that bugs me. Maybe it's because the left seems emptyish. Might be the light over just the wood. Did you dig out under the hide if there is a heat pad under there?

Heads up on the coconut it can lead to respitory infections. Not saying it will just that it can for your snek. I'd do maybe a mix of Aspen/Cypres (pure blends). If you want even mix them in with your coconut

Glad you put in a climb since BP are semi-arborial. Most people forget or do not know this.
>>
>>2314010
>BP are semi arboreal
Lole what. I've never even heard of this. Don't they sit in termite mounds or rodent holes and wait for something to wander in?
>>
>>2314010
I know they can climb, but semi-arboreal isn't the right word
>>
>>2314026
>>2314034

Yeah I don't have any other word to describe it. They like to climb but they don't live in trees part time.

Just like how retics tend to like to stretch out and climb some.

Probably more exploration since they don't have a whole world to explore.

My bad on choice of wording. Wrong choice of wording.
>>
>>2314060

Maybe enrichment and stimulation are better. I have had a few that love climbing all the time and many who don't give a fuck at all about a branch or tree.
>>
>>2314026
I'd say some localities are.
But because ball pythons are so horribly mongrelized it's impossible to tell if the snake is gonna prefer being off the ground or not.
>>
File: IMG_3045.png (34KB, 132x143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3045.png
34KB, 132x143px
>year and a half old BP
>used to snatch up rodents almost immediately after I put them in the cage
>recently started getting pickier
>stopped going after rats
>won't strike unless it's looking away and moving
>if it bumps into her at all, she loses interest
>now she just gets in a corner of the cage and ignores them

I'm not sure what's changed. She always kept eating through the first winter I had her but now she seems to turn down everything I've offered the past two weeks
>>
>>2314519
That's normal for BPs, don't panic. Just offer a rat every week or two until she bites. And make sure to take the rat out when you're done watching, or else things can go horribly wrong
>>
Posting boa constrictor
Rate
>>
>>2314586
8/10
would boop
>>
>>2310885
>>2310887
Idk what it is but I love agamids more than any other group of lizards
>>
File: toad-head-agama-for-sale.jpg (99KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
toad-head-agama-for-sale.jpg
99KB, 440x330px
>>2314631

I don't know why but these Toad Head Agamas creep me out. Between the face and their odd scorpion like tail dancing.
>>
File: IMG_4612.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4612.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
apologies for shit quality image

Check out my baby
>>
>>2314633
It's just a big bluff, like a frilled lizard. A mate of mine has a couple of male toad heads and once you pick them up they turn into little sweethearts.
>>
>>2314519
Have you tried switching to thawed/frzen prey? maybe it's feeling a little intimidated
>>
File: kadal-terbang.jpg (69KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
kadal-terbang.jpg
69KB, 640x320px
>>2314631
they are a pretty diverse family
>>
>>2314643
hence why I love them
>>
File: toad-headed agama.gif (2MB, 305x220px) Image search: [Google]
toad-headed agama.gif
2MB, 305x220px
>>2314633
>>
sometimes my bearded dragon runs back and forth at the front of his viv
is he just trying to get food from me?
>>
>>2314708
could be, he could just want some interaction. depends on the individual really
>>
>>2314751
probably food, but i dont know maybe he likes it when i open the doors and talk to him
we're definitely not at the holding point point, but he'll let me stroke his back or chin for a little while and he literally jumps at my hands if there's food in them
>>
>>2314708
it associates you with food, that's all

if you're a retard this is the part where you start thinking that the lizard feels affection towards you(which it doesn't)
>>
>>2314760
someone's angry
>>
>>2310877

http://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2017-02-08/how-the-pet-trade-is-killing-off-animal-species?int=news-rec

Says here

http://www.wwf.de/fileadmin/fm-wwf/Publikationen-PDF/Captive-bred_or_wild-taken.pdf

>Many zoos, aquaria and pet stockists formerly relied on "certified breeders" in many parts of the world (especially Southeast Asia and South America) to provide stock for pets and exhibitions. But it's now well established that only a small proportion of these animals are, in fact, captive bred. The vast majority may be harvested from the wild and laundered to appear legal.

tl;dr How do you know your pet was captive bred. The writing on the wall is that they are not. They are disappearing from the wild. pic semi related, I couldn't find one for reptiles. Seriously, how could you pay for wild animals, or even if they were captive bred? Can't you find more constructive hobbies?
>>
>>2314794
no one cares about your pet trade theories, faggot. Go back to letting the other faggots at peta fuck you in the ass
>>
>>2314794
Because most reptiles are bred for specific colors and traits, wild caught ones aren't desirable.
Reptiles are also generally easier to breed than to capture.
>>
>>2314760
it's all anthropomorphism retard. You're a fool if you think your cat loves you.
>>
>>2314794
We know that they're captive bred because we buy them directly from breeders, dipshit
>>
>>2314794
>How do you know your pet was captive bred

By only dealing with reputable local breeders. Many good breeders run youtube channels featuring their facility, their current projects, general tips on care and so on. Also by doing your research; some species are more commonly captive bred than others. The herp keeping community is very fussy about this. If a seller is found to be trading in wild caught animals represented as captive bred, it's big news and spreads fast.
>>
>>2314794
>Southeast Asians are kidnapping lizard species to sell to their brown upper crust who want a pretty pet for their brat vs every breeder is secretly a scam artist who is flying over to the rainforest and kidnapping lizards
>>
>>2312811
As long as it isn't calci sand, then sand is fine.
Impaction is not caused by sand, it's caused by poor husbandry. A properly cared for snake or lizard will pass small amounts (even large amounts) of substrate with no issue at all. If they are too cold, or dehydrated, then obviously that isn't the case.
I've personally seen a 24 inch Philodryas baroni shit out an entire square of kitchen roll.
>>
>>2314839
Sand is not good for most reptiles.
In most lizards sand is pretty much an inevitable death sentence.
>>
>>2314794
By being halfway educated on reptiles and dealing with halfway trustworthy people. It is usually very obvious what is or is not actually captive bred.

The illegal wildlife trade is a big issue, but the exotic pet trade (at least in the US/EU and whatnot) is probably one of its least problematic areas.
>>
>>2314845
>inevitable death sentence
now that's just a hyperbole
>>
>>2313411
I like your Prussian flag.
>>
File: Red Tailed Boa.jpg (617KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tailed Boa.jpg
617KB, 1024x768px
Any here experienced with boa constrictors? I need some advice. I've owned snakes and other reptiles before, so I'm not a complete beginner or retarded, I'm just a little worried.

I got a neonate B. constrictor imperator about a month back, on like December 31st or 30th. It was from a reputable breeder and everything, not Petsmart or something. Anyways, he had to be flown in, so I'm guessing they didn't feed him for about a week before his flight. When I got him, I set up his cage. 90F on the warm side, ambient hovering around 80-82, drops to 78 at night. He's got several hides, fresh water, humidity I try to keep between 50-60%. I waited a week to feed him. Frozen/thawed pinkies, I thaw them out in 100F water for about 5-10 minutes. Didn't eat. So I waited another week, didn't eat. Fast forward to today. It's been over a month and he still refuses to eat. I'm getting a little worried.

I've tried moving it around a bit to make it seem "alive" and he doesn't care. Doesn't even act like he's threatened by it. I've been monitoring his weight. He weighed 65g when I got him and he's down to 63g now, so he's lost 3% of his body weight in about a month.

At what point should I get concerned? If at all possible I don't want to force feed him. That's very stressful, for me and him. But eventually I'll have to if he doesn't eat. should I wait until he's lost 5% of his body weight? 8%? 10%?

I'm going to try finding a place to get live pinkies today and see if he'll eat that. But I need him to get used to eating frozen thawed food.

>tl;dr
baby BCI hasn't eaten in a month, won't eat no matter what I do, has lost 3% of his body weight, at what point should I be concerned and force feed him?

pic related isn't mine
>>
>>2315031
I've never heard of a boa refusing to eat.
You could try scenting it with chicken, boas love the smell of chicken
>>
>>2315044
I'm considering that too. I don't understand why he won't eat. I've never heard of boas going this long without eating either. Like I said I'm going to try to find live pinkies to see if he'll take those.

I thought about thawing out the pinky in hot chicken stock or broth instead of water, but that won't harm him, will it? The added salt and stuff I mean
>>
>>2315047
i mean just scent it a bit after it's thawed.
Stop thawing in water too. Let him have it dry.
What was the breeder feeding him?
>>
>>2315053
Frozen pinkies I believe. But like I said I got him when he was only a few weeks old. So they don't like the food to be wet? I wonder if that has anything to do with why he won't eat. How should I thaw the pinkies then? Or should I just pat them dry after thawing them out?
>>
>>2315060
I just leave my feeders that are that small out for an hour then give them a few seconds under the heat lamp to warm them up a bit
There's no reason to use water to thaw something as small as a pinky
>>
File: fem4_1.jpg (117KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
fem4_1.jpg
117KB, 800x582px
Hey guys wanted to show you what I have coming next Tuesday.

Female 80g Borneo Short Tail. (Image is her in December).

>>2315060

If it goes on 2 months you may have to assist feed until he gets it. It's rare you have to do this but you may have to. Do all you can in the mean time but be prepared just in case. (Last resort).

Try a supervised live maybe?
>>
>>2315103
Thats a beautiful snake.
Make sure to post lots of photos once she arrives.
>>
>>2315031
No nighttime drops, that's a recipe for RIs. Ambients should always be 80-85F with a hot spot of 88-90F. At most, I would drop only his hot spot by a few degrees. Ambients and hot side should remain the same.

Humidity should be 70-80% as well.

Most boas are born large enough to eat hopper mice, and most of my boas are still eating hoppers until 9-10 months old. Pinkies are virtually useless and have milk bellies, which can cause gastrointestinal upset, constipation, or death. Avoid nursing rodents as much as possible.

2 grams is less than a single urate drop, I wouldn't worry about that. I'd wait until his weight is down OVER 20% while empty.

Give him another 2-3 weeks without offering a single prey item, and make sure you're not bothering him. Unless you need to remove the snake to clean his enclosure, leave him alone. If you do have to take him out, put him in a container while you work and then put him right back.

Fix your husbandry and give him time and he'll come around. A baby boa of that age/size only needs to eat every 10-14 days anyways so it's not like they have to eat a lot.
>>
>snake been in blue for 4-5 days now
>finally shed sometime this morning
>go to clean it out notice colored mass inside snake shed
>he shit halfway through shed
>it was a full shed so when I picked it up all the liquid thats been kept inside spilled out
>nastiest fucking garbage ever with one of the most vilest smells to cross this mortal realm
>>
>>
File: DSC_7655_8x10.jpg (63KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7655_8x10.jpg
63KB, 720x576px
>>
File: DSC_7665_8x10.jpg (30KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7665_8x10.jpg
30KB, 720x576px
>>
File: DSC_7775.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7775.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>
Giant Bent-Toed Gecko (Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis), Papua New Guinea
>>
File: Giant_day_gecko.jpg (112KB, 212x540px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_day_gecko.jpg
112KB, 212x540px
>>
>>
File: green thorny tail iguana.png (82KB, 236x145px) Image search: [Google]
green thorny tail iguana.png
82KB, 236x145px
green thorny tail iguana
>>
Monitor lizard (Varanus macraei), Papua New Guinea. Found on the tiny islands off the Vogelkop (Bird’s Head) Peninsula of Papua in Indonesia and capable of reaching a metre in length
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw9f326LfEU
>>
I like the image dump, guy
>>
File: DSC_8079_8x10.jpg (29KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8079_8x10.jpg
29KB, 720x576px
>>
File: DSC_8087_8x10.jpg (46KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8087_8x10.jpg
46KB, 720x576px
You're welcome
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>
File: Yellow-headed_day_gecko_arp.jpg (627KB, 821x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow-headed_day_gecko_arp.jpg
627KB, 821x1256px
>>
>>
>>
File: 20170212_040245.jpg (1MB, 2115x1586px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_040245.jpg
1MB, 2115x1586px
Can I help human?
>>
File: 20170208_204307-1.jpg (785KB, 1755x2214px) Image search: [Google]
20170208_204307-1.jpg
785KB, 1755x2214px
My new garg. This is the only time he really came out during the day since I got him two weeks ago. Is this normal?
>>
>>2315641
Yeah. Gargs are all the way nocturnal, in my experience. They will sleep out in the open sometimes but seeing them awake and moving around during daylight hours is rare.
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hOTYv42Amo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgSvN70lJ6w
>>
I've kept corn snakes for 3 years now so I think I'm ready to move up to something venomous. Would a Gaboon viper be a good starter venomous snake? They look cool and move slowly enough to be safe.
>>
File: 1484694829409.jpg (110KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484694829409.jpg
110KB, 591x640px
>>2315765
>I've kept corn snakes
>time to move on to venomous snakes
>>
>>2315766
They're good training, I used to get bit all the time but have managed almost a week now without getting bit.
>>
>>2315767
Those were funny posts, alright. Someone else might take them seriously though, so it's better you leave again now.
>>
>>2315767
>>2315765
Comedy gold
>>
>>2315765
That's not how the progression goes, anon. If you want moar snek try a carpet python or a boa.
>>
>>2315765
Pleases don't. You will end up killing yourself.
>>
>>2315765
To the retards who will inevitably take this post seriously, don't.
>>
>>2315765
>They look cool and move slowly enough to be safe.
I know this is bait, but a lot of people actually have this attitude and it is what makes gaboons so dangerous.

They're like big sluggish ball pythons until you get too comfortable with them and one launches it body completely around at you in a billionth of a second
>>
>>2315765
if you're going to get a hot reptile get a fucking copperhead or something you are equivalent to that guy who drives a honda civic once and says "okay, strap me to a rocket and launch me to the ISS"
>>
>>2315974
>>2316070
>>2316084
I'm probably gonna sound like an edgelord but fuck it, if the dumbass is serious let him get rekt.
>>
>>2316104
If he is serious then I hope he gets rekt up the ass but my concern lies with the snake
>>
File: IMG_2508.jpg (65KB, 517x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2508.jpg
65KB, 517x417px
This guy is selling his collared lizard and bearded dragon which live in the same tank.

This isn't okay is it? I thought cohabiting different species, or even same species with such a size difference was a terrible idea.
>>
>>2316205
It works sometimes but it's the exception, not the rule. Really the only times I've seen it work is between rock Iguanas and medium sized tortoises from similar climates (both are herbivores obviously) The example that guy is selling though, that seems like an accident waiting to happen
>>
File: tumblr_ntpe81oPgm1s93jgto1_1280.jpg (25KB, 581x364px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntpe81oPgm1s93jgto1_1280.jpg
25KB, 581x364px
>>2316205
That is an extremely terrible idea and it is pure dumb luck the beardie hasn't eaten it.
>>
>>2316104
>>2316127
I don't give a shit about someone being stupid and getting bitten, but I do care when it sheds more negative light on the hobby.
>>
>>2314794
>live specimens include reptiles, marine turtles
are turtles not reptiles?
>top 10 invasive species doesn't include felis catus
lol this thing is shit
>>
why are lizards the best animals?
>>2315765
what's the point in baiting such a slow board?
>>
>>2316245
because 7 people replied to him
you're supposed to ignore shitposts
>>
>>2311302
jungle carpet? want
>>
>>2314519
you feed live?
>>
>>2315103
have you kept short tails before? are they as bitchy as a lot of people say or is that a meme
>>
>>2314641
(Sorry for the late response)
I've tried but I just can't get her to respond to them. In the past, she'd associate the garage opening and closing with food coming, but now she doesn't seem to react to anything. Dangling it in front of her just prompts her to look/slither away
>>
>>2316495
Try just leaving the thawed rodent with it overnight.
Snakes scavenge and hunt for food. Sometimes all a skittish python needs is to be left alone with it overnight.
>>
so i had a weird situation wherein i bought a 40g tank on craigslist but the previous owner had hot glued a bunch of shit in and on the sides of the tank. I used acetone(nail polish remover) to get the glue unstuck and clean it all off the tank. I also used water to clean off everything else and get all the remaining acetone out. Anyway, main question. How long after it all evaporates and everything should i wait for the smell to go away until i can start getting substrate in and the tank is safe for reptiles again?
>>
>>2316761
yeah wait for the smell to completely dissipate
>>
>>2316450

She is going to be in shed when I get her so for sure I expect her to be bitchy. It varies from snake to snake but people I know who own bloods say they tend to be grumpy until you get them out of their enclosure.

This one is my first blood.
>>
>>2316761
Until the smell is 100% gone.
Leave it in a room with an open window or outside over night
>>
>>2316780
its in a room near an open window with a fan blowing out
just wondering how long it'd generally take
>>
I love my beardie so much. She honestly loves attention and exploring. So chill.
>>
>>2316796
i cant imagine it taking more than 24 hours its not like you're waiting for silicon to offgas
>>
>>
>>2316823
>She honestly loves attention
It doesn't you anthropomorphising retard
>>
>>2317046

Anthropomorphise

[an-thruh-puh-mawr-fahyz]
verb (used with or without object), anthropomorphized, anthropomorphizing.

1. to ascribe human form or attributes to (an animal, plant, material object, etc.)

Oh no they used the word love vs stimulus. Time to be a dick. He didn't say "He loves me." He said he loved attention. There I posted the word it's done. Fuck this same thing on every herp continuation.

tl;dr he didn't say love in a way that meant "love" basically he meant enjoyment.
>>
>>2317171
Do you believe namefagging makes the bullshit you spout somehow true or something?
>>
>>2313359
calm down nerd
>>
>>2316264
fuck you I won't do what you tell me
>>2315765
>>2315765
>>2315765
>>2315765
>>2315765
>>
>>2317176
practice good husbandry
>>
>>2317182
n-nani...
>>
File: IMG_20170214_115810.jpg (1MB, 2495x3272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_115810.jpg
1MB, 2495x3272px
>>2317172

It's only an issue if he actually thinks it's love (aka shit). Otherwise you are just being or are a dick for the sake of being a dick.

I always use my name thing on this. It doesn't mean shit but to keep my posts to who I "am" on /an/ it doesn't matter one way or another.

>>Here she is guys my new Borneo BP

She is about to shed and my cell camera sucks. I'll get more pictures up once she has settled in after a few weeks.
>>
File: IMG_20170214_115632.jpg (226KB, 1538x944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_115632.jpg
226KB, 1538x944px
>>2317192

One last pic until I can show her all setup and post shed.
>>
File: 20161028_191853_HDR(1).jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_191853_HDR(1).jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>2317193
>>2317192
Good snake
10/10
>>
File: IMG_20170214_122438.jpg (959KB, 4831x1684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_122438.jpg
959KB, 4831x1684px
>>2317210

Thanks is the snake in the picture yours? Red tail? I've wanted to get a Suriname Red Tail Boa for some time now.

One last pic. I forgot to put the lid on while I grabbed a smoke, yard moment. Lid is on now. I'll be happy to get her a real setup (size and material).
>>
I was just at this pet store and they had about 30 snakes (boas, corn snakes, ball pythons etc) and almost all of them were curled up in their water dishes? Is that normal?
>>
>>2317225
sounds like a mite infestation
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 957x621px
>tfw reptiles and amphibians are banned in my cunt
>>
>>2317234
>banned in my cunt
That's probably for the best, really.
>>
>>2317234
Good. Stop stealing genetic fodder from third world countries to establish breeding mills in your country.

>inb4 butthurt herpfags actually defend the exotic animal trade on /an/ - FUCK ANIMALS XD
>>
>>2317262
They don't ban import, they ban the animals entirely. Captive bred or not
>>
>>2317266
where the fuck do you live
>>
>>2317270
probably canada
>>
>>2317270
I'm not him but he's probably Canadian.
Hawaii also banned them
>>
>>2317282
if it was hawaii, he would have said state
>>
>>2317216
Not a red tail. If I remember correctly from previous threads, this is a Nicaraguan boa. A very nice one, too. I'd seriously overlook the small size for a Nic like this.

>>2317225
Or extremely low humidity.
>>
>>2317297
Good memory, he's a hypo niq.
He's like 30 inches at a year old and being fed properly. It's weird how small he is.
>>
File: IMG_2659.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2659.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>2317302
Not that small at all, really! This guy turns a year in less than a week, and he's only 28"-29". My sunglow was about 32"-33" at a year. He was closely matching her growth there for awhile, but he's starting to fall behind now. Expected for a male, though. He's also due for a food upgrade but the medium mice I have are huge, and he wouldn't be able to comfortably take them yet.
>>
>>2317341
>>2317297

It looked off to me so I was hesitant to say red tail but it was my only real guess.

Still looks great even for his size. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get an Albino Retic SD male since it will be smaller and she said nothing as big as a normal Retic heh.

I'll change her mind. Unlike others I intend to breed ones I specifically want to just be only pets will be retic, woman, and a black head.

Do you have any other cool snakes or lizards around?
>>
>>2317341
Mines on small rats already. I was worried the first time I offered one but he took it like a champ. They seem a bit big but it hard to find pups most of the time and id prefer to keep him on rats over mice
>>
File: hogger.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hogger.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
>>2317280
>>2317282

Most common herps are legal in Canada. There was some bullshit a couple years ago with the fish and wildlife people trying to ban dart frogs but I'm pretty sure that got shot down. Alberta can be annoying if you're interested in hognose sneks. There is a small native population of hoggies here so no hoggies allowed as pets. They are allowed in other provinces tho.
>>
File: DSC_2601.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2601.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
>>2317352
Yeah, he's in great condition. I keep his meals small and he eats every 2 weeks rather than the usual 1 week. Interestingly enough, my 2 boas who ate every 2 weeks the first year of their life have more proportionate girth and a stronger box shape than the 2 boas who were eating every 5-7 days the first year of their life. I either don't know the feeding history of the other two boas, or I don't have any baby photos, so I can't compare them.

SDs still get a decent size, 6'-10' depending on what you get and the % of SD blood. And they get that big quick, too. I'm following a few that aren't even a year yet and they're already 5', which is about average for a mainland retic if it isn't power fed. I've been told once they reach 8' they all but stop growing, though. They just seem to get there within 2-3 years if you feed them like a normal retic.

My retic was sold to me as a mainland but she's 2.5 years old and just recently reached 8'. I got her at 6 months old eating a single fuzzy mouse every 2 weeks, she was 3' and 150 grams. So I think that hindered her growth a bit, but I've also been feeding her a little less than most people. I'm expecting her to reach full adult size at 5-6+ years rather than the usual 3.

Another person who fed their retic like I feed mine, but got their's at a year being drastically underfed to a greater degree than mine, got their retic to 15' before she died of cancer. So it shouldn't hinder her final size.

>>2317372
If you're the one with the 30" Nic, that seems like a really small snake to already be on small rats. This girl is 38"-39" and she's still on weaned rats (30-45 grams).
>>
File: IMG_2650.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2650.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>2317491
This girl was just bumped to smalls in November, but she's been eating monthly over the winter so she's only had 4 smalls so far. I haven't measured her exactly, but she's somewhere between 42" and 48".
>>
If my room is a constant 75 degrees and i put a heat pad under a tank is that going to be enough for leopard geckos do you guys think?
>>
>>2317491
>>2317494
They're about the same girth as him.
I'm pretty sure the place I buy them from just doesnt size them the same as most places.
>>
>>2317506
Yes that will be fine.
>>
>>2317511
Thats good. Ive tried with a heat lamp and they go from diurnal to juet never leaving the cool side of the tank. Just making sure. Thanks
>>
>>2317509
That is possible. I feed a little under their girth, but there shouldn't be much of a difference unless your supplier's smalls are my weaned. As long as they leave little to no girth they're probably fine. Nowadays I tend to tack the gram weight to my feeders since sizes seem to vary.
>>
>>2317521
Little to no bulge.
>>
>>2317521
>>2317523
It helps that I also only feed every 10 days.
I think given his size, age and weight that he's being fed appropriately.
>>
File: IMG_20170214_224810.jpg (449KB, 1458x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_224810.jpg
449KB, 1458x2592px
>>2317491

Yeah that's the issue with SD most are not 100%. I will probably get one from Bob Clarke since he sells true 100% SD.

It won't make them small small. I am honestly just wanting a reduction in size to appease my wife's worries. I figure my best bet is SD male.

Honestly when my blood is full grown she will be a beast in thickness. They are so fat bodied.

Random picture of my Leopard I rescued.
>>
not enough frog in this thread

dart frogs > sneks

snek people are always creepy
>>
>>2317548
Wrong
>>
File: imagesFROG 005A Blue dart frog.jpg (131KB, 768x515px) Image search: [Google]
imagesFROG 005A Blue dart frog.jpg
131KB, 768x515px
>>2317784
dart frog owner:
>I seek to recreate an accurate natural environment for these marvellous creatures to live and thrive in. The beautiful aesthetics of a rainforest tank are also an impressive sight to my various friends and visitors.

snake owner:
>I keep a snake in a tub under my bed and feed it live mice while I jerk off to their screams of agony. WHERE ARE MY FUCKING TENDIES MOMMY *shits himself*
>>
File: enclosure.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enclosure.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>2317791
That's the exact way I keep my snake though.
This is an older version of my snakes enclosure.
>>
>>2317539
Cute leo, did you rescue him from the pe tstore?
>>
>>2317798
>bunch of dirt
>edgy skull
lol
>>
>>2317805
>it doesn't meet my expectations or what I deem acceptable, so therefore it's shit
Considering opinions are subjective, how you feel doesn't really matter.
>>
>>2317805
Hey whats that stuff you find in jungles in south america?
Dirt and crystal skulls are themed to his native habitat
>>
>>2317806
>>2317807
uh huh hmm hmm
>>
>>2317809
Are you saying theres no dirt in nature?
How do you do dart frog enclosures without any soil?
>>
File: 1480997922647.jpg (1MB, 3640x2513px) Image search: [Google]
1480997922647.jpg
1MB, 3640x2513px
A little question. Care sheets usually say a minimum of a 20gal tank for an adult leo is recommended, but that bigger is better. How big can a leo tank be before it stresses them out too much?

Unrelated, but are boas good for beginners?

>>2317798
That's really pretty. What snake is it for?

>>2317811
>taking the bait this hard
Waste of dubs.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 480x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 480x315px
Hey herp, i'm looking to buy a pacman frog here soon. I've read all the care sheets and have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing but do any of you guys have any suggestions?
>>
>>2317835
>How big can a leo tank be before it stresses them out too much?

It's not about the dimensions. The issue is adequate hiding spots and coverage between open spaces. You certainly can keep a leo in a 50g if there is lots and lots of foliage and hides and so on. Kinda overkill but it's doable.
>>
File: 20161213_155459_HDR.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161213_155459_HDR.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>2317835
He's right in the middle of the photo but he's also here
>>
>>2317836

Nothing in particular to add. Coco fiber is best substrate for pacmans. Pretty easy care.
>>
>>2317839
Alright, thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (981KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
981KB, 2592x1936px
>>2316450
>>2316778
Speaking as a guy who's worked with bloods and stps, I can tell you that these days their reputation is largely exaggerated since wild caught specimens are uncommon now. Most don't give a hot shit what's going on around them so long as they have a way to hide. My Sumatran stp is an absolute lamb; no head shyness, no aggression when I had to help with a stuck eye cap, and she could actually be carried around the hood of my hoodies as a baby when she required enclosure maintenance or I just wanted to handle her. There where actually a few times that I'd forget she was in there until I tried to rest my back against something. Hell, there's also been about two occasions in which I forgot to close her enclosure with her in it and came back hours later and shit myself only to find that she literally hasn't moved an inch from her preferred spot, where as my carpets or woma would have immediately gotten the fuck out of dodge. Now, this isn't to say all of them are going to be this tolerant. Babies can be nippy at first, shedding snakes can be a bit tiuchy, and even the calmest blood still hits like a truck when food is involved, then of course there are just the bad days when the animal really doesn't want to be bothered. I've yet to experience my girl in a foul mood, but that doesn't mean it won't happen someday.
>pic is of my little girl Coal
>>
>>2317838
That's a nice snake. Sorry I didn't see it before, my eyesight is pretty bad.

>>2317837
Thank you.
Another question about leos: are there any leo morphs that have health issues (for example spider-carrying BPs)? Google doesn't mention anything conclusive.
>>
>>2317883
He is a good snake.
As far as I know, enigmas are the only morph that has serious issues.
>>
>>2317802

Not this one. I rescued it from someone who didn't know what they were doing. I can elaborate but it was just some old lady who bought it for a 2 year old.

>>2317849
Yeah she seems pretty mellow for what she had been through. I don't know her "personality" yet but she seems to handle well. She of course is young and shedding but handled the few minutes I had her out like a champ with her move and everything. Also beautiful snake my man.
>>
>>2317548
Well fuck you too, guy
>>
File: 20170120_191511.jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_191511.jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
Dude just shed and decided to show off how orange he is.
That spot on his head and his saddles seems to get brighter every time
>>
>>2317886

Just the enigma gene for major problems. Albinos have increased light sensitivity but it doesn't affect their health or lifespan.
>>
File: IMG_2673.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2673.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>2317835
Boas are the literal best. Especially boa constrictors. Basically, so long as you're willing to deal with a 6'-8' boa they're fine. If not, there are "dwarfs" that shouldn't reach/exceed 6' like this anon's boa >>2317838

They do require higher humidity, but that isn't generally hard to provide. If you think you'd have a hard time, just get the snake's enclosure set up ahead of time and see if you can keep the humidity high enough for a few weeks before getting the snake.

If you're leaving "boas" as an open term to any species within the entire family Boidae, then there's lots of beginner species to choose from. Rosy boas, Kenyan sand boas, etc.

Pic related is my 1.5 year old sunglow in shed. She's been in blue for a week now, and I'm impatiently waiting to see her post-shed.
>>
I'm brand new to her and a friend just taught me about leopard geckos. As they live for so long, why don't I see more adults up for adoption?
>>
>>2318105
I'm that anon you mentioned.
I'm gonna add that boas are also excellent feeders and don't stress easily. They're also pretty slim compared to other snakes
>>
>>2318145
They can live long but that doesn't mean that most do.

You probably don't see a lot of old leopard geckos up for adoption because the people who have cared for their Leo 10+ years isn't likely the type to give up their pet if they've been putting the amount of care into their lizard to make them live that long already.
>>
Why does it seem like only people with 5 or less year old sneks post here.

>being able to legally date the snek if it were human or if I was Canadian
>>
>>2318186
We're mostly young hobbyists.
People who have older snakes or a lot of them usually dont post a ton of photos.
>>
so I have an interesting question for all you lizard keepers IE things that eat multiple crickets/day etc. I decided to start ordering my crickets from fluker farms in batches of around 250. I'm doing like 3 week old ones at the moment as im feeding 3 leopard geckos and a beardie. how do you guys go about transferring the crickets to the lizard tanks? do you just take the egg carton things they crawl on and shake them into the lizard tanks? Do you count them out individually with a pair of large tweezers? what's the best way to go about this? I've kind of inherited these pets from someone and am not 100% certain about all aspects but this seems to be my biggest stopping point at the moment. also what would you feed these animals to supplement their diets? the beardie is like 6 months old and the leopard geckos are from 1.5-2 years old.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post. Thanks for all the answers guys. I'm new to keeping pets but I want to make sure I do right by these animals since their previous owner did not.
>>
>>2318250
If you need to keep an exact count tweezers work best.
Buy some calcium powder and dust all the insects in it before feeding.
The bearded dragon also requires fresh greens and vegetables that arent lettuce or spinach. Do you have a uvb light for the dragon and an enclosure for each of the animals?
>>
>>2318250

I don't use crickets and I'm not giving you crap about them but may I suggest using Dubia roaches instead? They are a better feeder and if you get the best size for your animal you can feed less insects and have more protein in their diet.

Also while they both somewhat "stink" Dubias cannot really escape since they do not jump

With how big Beardies can get you would probably do better at least switching him to Dubias or when he gets big before the switch to 80% veggies he will be mowing down an insane amount of crickets.

Just for example.

14.5 in L 3in W body female Bearded I own eats at the moment 5-8 large Dubia a day. 3/4 - 1in in size. 5-7 supers 2-3 calcium worms and 2 butter worms with an occasional wax worm.

She is healthy and due to her size she can have supers without blockage issue (Carefully monitored her. There intestine track is thought to have a kink that can get blocked when young but it straightens with age).

My current Leo.

7-8 mealworms
3-5 small Dubia
1 butter/wax rotated

Feed her bidaily.

Just my personal feeding. And my Beardie gets veggies daily as well. All bugs are dusted with calcium D3.
>>
File: IMG_1520.jpg (2MB, 2150x1601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.jpg
2MB, 2150x1601px
>>2318186
It's easier to photograph my younger snakes because they're either smaller or more open to handing. I have a boa who will be turning 6 in August, a bp that will be turning 11 in September, a boa that will turn 9 in July, and a boa that will turn 7 sometime this year but I'm not sure of his exact birthdate only the year. I raised all but the last two I listed myself from hatchlings.

But overall, most people are just beginning, you have to keep in mind that snake-keeping has basically only existed since the '80's. A lot of the hobby is in the beginning stages, and a small baby snake is generally more amenable to people vs. a big adult snake. A lot of people also don't yet know how to care for their reptiles properly, resulting in early deaths. Not to mention there's a big propensity to shuffling animals around. Not that it's necessarily the worst thing in the world, so long as they're finding homes, but people are more likely to get bored of a snake once/if it reaches 3'+ than continue keeping it. If I had a nickel for every time someone rehomed a snake because it got "too big"....which is why you need to be ready for a snake's size ahead of time.

I'm sure there's lots more at play here, but that's the general trend I see.
>>
File: tumblr_o17t1682kq1s4jdpio2_500.jpg (44KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o17t1682kq1s4jdpio2_500.jpg
44KB, 500x357px
>>2318105
>tfw want a Kenyan but can't find a breeder that has them in this country
It's an abstract kind of suffering
>>
File: 20161221_143020.jpg (1MB, 1469x1959px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_143020.jpg
1MB, 1469x1959px
>>2318186
Here's a 8 year old snake.
>>
>>2318250
Put toilet paper rolls in cricket bin. Crickets always hang out inside them. Take small sandwich bag, pick up one toilet paper roll, shake roll in to bag. Now you have crickets in bag. Put a a quarter teaspoon of calcium in bag. Gently shake to coat crickets. Empty crickets in to lizard tank.
>>
>>2310877
Glass Frog Looks Like a Glowing Constellation in the Rainforest
http://fired-earth.tumblr.com/post/114481026679/xekstrin-ftcreature-glass-frog-glows-like-a
https://featuredcreature.com/glass-frog-looks-like-glowing-constellation-rainforest/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQGsyLcaMr8
>>
File: 16214299297227.png (3MB, 1600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
16214299297227.png
3MB, 1600x1040px
>>2318461
>>
File: IMG_6278.jpg (657KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6278.jpg
657KB, 1080x1920px
Lmfao i cant buy perches right now but wanted to give my snskes the option to climb ao i just put shower rods they cant tell the difference at all
idiots
>>
>>2318848
Put some fake vines on it at it'll look more aesthetically pleasing
Make the snek stronk
>>
>>2318848
I think it's zoomed that sells whats essentially a collapsible shower rod that looks like shitty bamboo
>>
I think I'm gonna buy a dump frog. seems pretty bro
>>
File: tumblr_m9vgn5aGMT1qin08mo1_1280.jpg (86KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9vgn5aGMT1qin08mo1_1280.jpg
86KB, 600x400px
>>2310877
Dragon snake
>>2318504
>>
>>2319080
No amphibian is a bro
They're not for touching
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>2319084
looks pretty bro to me
>>
>>2319093
It stresses them out and the oil from your hand irritates their skin.
>>
>>2319099
I'm not really gonna hold it, just gonna plop it on the table and look at it
>>
>>2318250
I keep mine in plastic tubs and just snatch them out with tongs
granted my 2 anoles only eat like about 4~ a day each
>>
>>2317791

this tbqh senpai

building vivs is fun. it's practically art.

owning a snek is what you do if you enjoyed torturing animals and bugs as a kid.
>>
>>2319084
>hurr gotta touch everything
are you 5 years old?
>>
File: IMG_3812.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3812.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Was checking my Ball today and I noticed something off with one of her eyes (sorry for the blurry image). There's some sort of exposed membrane or something just outside where her right eye starts. Am I looking at an infection or something?
>>
>>2319078
With the exception of cork bark and substrate, all hides, feeding dishes, fake plants, climbing decor etc. are cheaper and better quality when purchased from non pet stores or home made.

Small glass sauce bowls and tea candle holders make great feeding dishes. Bamboo stakes can be gotten from garden center for like 5 buck for a package of several six foot stakes. Silk plants are cheapest at dollar store. Hides can be made from small buckets, tupperware, plant saucers (plastic or clay). Wood you can get innawoods (sterilize first) or hardware store if you wanna build something (use hardwood- no pine). Suction cup soap holders work well as perches for arboreal lizards and frogs. And so on.
>>
>>2319307
Are you sure that isn't stuck shed? I can't tell from the picture.
>>
File: IMG_3813.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3813.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2319310
It might be, never seen it do this before though. If that is the case, what's the best course of action?
>>
File: 20170210_153712.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_153712.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Corn Snake owner here, specifically of the Albino Motley Corn morph. I've owned my snake for about six months now, and he's around twenty inches now. I've started him on two pinkies per week.

Love the little guy, he has such a personality. His tank is on my desk, and occasionally he'll peak his out of his substrate just to check me out, sometimes for minutes at a time. When I hold him in front of my face, he'll extend his body just to get really close to my eye and just peer at me. I know I'm probably humanizing a reptile, but I swear he's just so incredibly curious about everything.

I'm happy with my choice to own a snake. Something about owning this little guy for 20+ years just seems incredible.
>>
File: c bloodred corn snake.jpg (78KB, 550x417px) Image search: [Google]
c bloodred corn snake.jpg
78KB, 550x417px
>>2319344
Describing a snake as curious isn't really humanizing it; snakes can legitimately express curiosity.
I'm glad you have such a great time with your snake. I've been thinking about getting a corn myself, they seem so bro-tier.
>>
>>2312226
gorgeous
>>
File: 35b730e69d[1].png (910KB, 720x786px) Image search: [Google]
35b730e69d[1].png
910KB, 720x786px
Apologies for potato quality picture.

Idiot decided eating inside her tank wasn't cool enough. Still shocked she didn't drop the rat.
>>
>>2319373
It's trying to show you how cool he is. Quick, eat something at the edge of a chair to show him who's boss
>>
>>2317791
>>2319190
are you retarded? you build vivs for snakes too. why can't somebody just love snakes?
>>
>>2319400
Because snakes can't consent.
>>
File: IMG_0560.png (737KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0560.png
737KB, 500x667px
This is Ezzy. Say something nice about her
>>
>>2319426
Ezzy looks chill.
>>
>>2319307
Looks like a stuck eye cap.

>>2319319
Leave it until the next shed. Although it can be taken off if you moisturize it enough and you're gentle, you could damage its eyes if you aren't careful enough. So safest course of action is to leave it until the next shed cycle.

In the meantime, you need to correct your husbandry. What is your set up like, and if you're measuring temps/humidity HOW are you measuring (with what and where)?
>>
How can I find a good UVB bulb for a leo? Googling anything about leos and UV brings up articles about if they need it or not. Is an exo terra uvb100 good?

>>2319426
She is a good girl
>>
>>2319449
The reptisun 10.0 will be plenty for a leo.
>>
>>2319481
Thats a bit excessive.
I'd use a reptisun 5.0 for a leo
>>
>>2319528

Second on that. A 10 is not needed for a Leo. A 10 would be more for a Uromastyx in a bigger tank.
>>
File: IMG_20170217_095556.jpg (754KB, 2648x2175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_095556.jpg
754KB, 2648x2175px
Anyone want to suggest some good names? (Not faggot, nigger, or snek)

I haven't given one to her yet. Snake I have on hold is Drucilla. I thought Athena was too common.

Waiting for her to finish being blue and shed before I redo her setup, most people and places suggest just to do newspaper for a blood. (I had paper towels, but now I have newspaper. It just feels eh on both)
>>
>>2319547
I always give my animals names from their native region or something from the language spoken in the area.
>>
>>2319547

Your snek's name will be Barbara.
>>
>>2319553

Borneo is kinda multi owned so I guess it could be a Indonesian or Malaysian name.

>>2319556
That doesn't sound horrible but I can't help but think of mecka strisand
>>
>>2319562
You could go with a chinese name since theres a lot of chinese people there. Those are usually pretty pleasant names.
>>
>>2319563

I kinda like Darah which is blood in both Indonesian and Malay.

I'll keep digging and see what I get. Maybe look at their old native goddess names.
>>
>>2319567
It's a universally good naming scheme I think
>>
>>2319572

I think I picked this.

Semara (goddess of love - Indonesia)

Thanks for the ideas guys I was stuck.
>>
>>2319578
Thats a really nice name. Hopefully she grows into a docile snake so that the name makes sense.
>>
>>2319580

I hope so and I was wrong Semara is a male but eh a lot of ancient gods tended to be gender fluid.

The female version I guess is Ratih but I don't think that sounds as good.

I'm hoping to get more pictures for herp soon. She is still blue so I don't want to fuck with her until she has shed.
>>
>>2319426
She looks meme worthy. I'm using her as a reaction image one day and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
File: 73714103.jpg (162KB, 594x449px) Image search: [Google]
73714103.jpg
162KB, 594x449px
I require one of these. Pic related

That or a yellow spotted climbing toad.

I like toads because they can stand being held more than a frog and they're a little less sensitive to environmental changes.

Cane toads can live a long time.
>>
>>2319706
admit it, you're a fucking druggie who wants to lick it
>>
After shed, my boa has become more brown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP9XFUL6Dy0
>>
>>2319441
Mesh top with a damp towel over it, humidity is checked with a ZooMed gauge in the middle of the rear wall ( not sure what to replace it with). Temps are 73-74 on the cool side, warm is 80ish at night, 90s in the day, and monitored by two digital thermometer (sensor is in direct contact with the substrate). There is an UTH on the warm side, but it currently doesn't have a regulator on it (last time it was turned on the thermometer gave a 100+ reading) so it's not used
>>
So what do you guys do with your sneks?

I take my boa out during the week and just sit with it on my lap.

On the weekends when I'll take it out and have it around my shoulders while I do stuff

If I'm feeling unusually lonely I'll sometimes sleep with the boa, sometimes it'll sleep with me other times it just goes back to its enclosure.
>>
>>2319763
What a well behaved animal.
I take mine out once every other day, and 2 days after feeding. I pretty much just let him use me as an animate tree
>>
File: Aspen-Wood-Bedding1.jpg (109KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aspen-Wood-Bedding1.jpg
109KB, 600x360px
Is it ok to use this much cheaper rodent bedding instead of the usual snake substrate? It's a non-subtropical snake.

I reckon it won't be as easy for him to burrow, but I don't care that much either.
>>
>>2319780

Why? Aspen snake bedding is cheap as fuck. Like 8 bucks for the smaller bag which works just fine

Or do you have left over bedding?

Basically don't get stuff with Pine or Cedar. Stick to pure blends of Aspen or Cypres.

Pine and Cedar are bad for your snakeola.
>>
>>2319763
>If I'm feeling unusually lonely
So everyday then?
>>
>>2319787
If only, I have to take into account whether or not the snek will need to take a dump.

When it does happen though I don't even bother trying to clean the sheets I just throw them out.
>>
>>2319783
But I'm a poorfag and I swear it's much cheaper around here. I've only used aspen in the past.
>>
>>2319757
Is the ZooMed gauge digital or analog? Are you measuring the humidity near the floor or higher up? Temperatures are too cold. Ambients should be 80-85F, if the enclosure has room for a true temperature gradient the cool spot should not go below 75F, and temperatures should remain the same throughout the day.

If you need/plan on using the UTH, get a thermostat. You can get a cheap temporary thermostat off Amazon for $30. It's the Hydrofarm/JumpStart one. I do recommend getting a Herpstat preferably or a Vivarium Electronics at the very least for any heat source you have. Herpstats have more options than VE's and have more failsafes across more of their devices.

>>2319783
You think $8 for a tiny bag of aspen is cheap?
>>
File: shizard.jpg (36KB, 570x538px) Image search: [Google]
shizard.jpg
36KB, 570x538px
I've been looking for a small pet but a lizard never crossed my mind until I saw a video of a bearded dragon waving back to its owner. I'm looking for something smart and friendly. Opinions on bearded dragons and fire skinks?

Tbh just two I found on PetCo's website, definitely open to more suggestions.
>>
>>2317890
Poor leo he was going to be smashed by the kid! D:
>>
File: IMG_20170217_094540.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_094540.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
Check my new gecko, Momo. She's adapting well she ate 4 mealworms yesterday. She's small compared to Orion even though she is 3 months older. Anyone knows what type of morph is she? Thank you.
>>
>>2319917
She was with someone who couldn't take care of her, thats why I dont know her kind of morph.
>>
>>2319894
I'm really interested in getting a leopard gecko. From what I've been reading they're great. I've found some people say that it's not uncommon for bearded dragons to climb on to your shoulder while you're on your computer or watching TV. Are leos like that? What other lizards do things like that?
>>
>>2319917
Maybe a hypo/tangerine?
>>
>>2319834
The ZooMed is an analogue, just set in the middle of the glass wall. Any reccomendstions on how to up the ambient temperatures? I know mesh puts me at a bit of a disadvantage, but it's all the local shops seem to have
>>
>>2319801
>>2319834

Sorry I meant 5 bucks for 8qt bag.

>>2319917

I'm guessing SHTC (Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail)
>>
>>2319894
Beardies are neither smart or friendly (social). They are curious sometimes and will climb on you but don't expect a scaled puppy or kitten here. They're lizards. They like to sit in warm spots and stare at walls.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>2320055

>>2320055

>>2320055
>>
Do you think it would be possible to breed a male African Bullfrog with a female American Bullfrog?
>>
>>2319990
Get rid of the gauge then, and buy a digital one. They're a lot more accurate, especially with temperatures.

As far as temperatures, it depends on what you're using to actually heat it. I know you said the UTH is turned off, but what's heating in its place?

>>2320043
That's still expensive. I can get 22-30 quarts of EcoEarth for $4 on Amazon. It's $10 at PetSmart now, but even at that price it's cheaper than the reptile-specific aspen.
>>
gs
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.