[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend is getting a Border Collie x German Shepherd. He currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: ConfusedDog.png (173KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
ConfusedDog.png
173KB, 960x500px
My friend is getting a Border Collie x German Shepherd.
He currently lives on his grans sofa in a small house, and apart from them three other people live in the house, one a small girl and the other two being autistic. The real kind.
He works a full time job and hasn't told anyone else that he is getting this dog, basically, how fucked is he?
>>
>>2309384
#justwhitetrashthings
>>
>>2309384
Very very fucked
>>
File: 1f0.jpg (28KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
1f0.jpg
28KB, 499x314px
>>2309384
Fucked beyond imagination.

Those breeds need a lot of exercise and brain stimulation.
>>
That dog is gonna rip the girl's face off
>>
>>2309414
they cant be that violent surely
and its a puppy, so itll get used to all of the people in the house at least
>>
>>2309419
if the dog isn't socialized and trained properly oh sure it can. And most bites are on kids for a reason. even when they live with the dog

fuckface gets a dog of two nutritiously high strung (and in the GSD's case difficult to train/aggressive) breeds and doesn't give it the time/attention they need, that's a recipe for an aggressive dog.

I'm telling ya, he's going to fuck up that dog, and one day little kid is gonna reach into the dog's food bowl while eating or the dog is chewing a rawhide and she won't have a nose anymore
>>
>>2309400
Can confirm. An intelligent, energetic, bored dog is a fucking nightmare.

I feel bad for granny in this situation. Your friends a retard op.
>>
Your friend is retarded. I have an energetic breed mix myself and you seriously need need need to put in time to walk and train it. You can't just bring it home and expect it to behave and be good. It'll get bored, start tearing shit up and lashing out. Your friend is going to fuck up this dog's life
>>
>>2309532
>>2309536
I'll let him know how retarded he is, you got any advice for dealing with it if I can't talk him out of it?
>>
>>2309741
Lots and lots and lots of exercise for the doggo. What helps with mine too are puzzles. Good way to relieve boredom and aggression. Get some toys you can stick food in and have them try to get it out. I typically use something low in calorie for my dog, like carrots. I shove a carrot in a puzzle toy and that'll last for about an hour or so
>>
>>2309876
like a kong toy?
>>
>>2310062
Yeah but I'd suggest to play around with what kind is available to you because some don't last too long
>>
Spoke to my friend, he's getting the dog tomorrow and hasn't actually gotten anything for it yet, not a bowl or toys or anything.
I asked him if hes prepared to pay for all of it's vaccinations and stuff, which confused him. He dodged the question afterwards but I don't think he knew that he had to do that, just assumed the person he was getting it from would have handled it by now.

When he realises hes out of his depth in two weeks I'll offer to take it in.
>>
>>2310379
>getting it tomorrow
>no bowls or toys or anything

I think were reaching a plane of retardation not yet theorised to exist, the fuck is your mates problem?
>>
>>2310379
WTF is wrong with your friend. He is clearly incapable of taking care of a dog.
>>
>>2310483
>>2310505
I have no idea what hes thinking.
I get the impression that he's really underestimating the effort it takes to properly train a dog, especially in regards to toilet training. I'll call him later today and see how hes getting on.

Also I'm not sure how much these dogs usually go for but hes paying £150 for it.
>>
>>2310626
Well he's had it for one day now and I'll tell you what he texted me so far about the dog

>It's been sick three times and was being a cunt earlier but it's calmed down now
>Mate how do you get a dog to sleep cause I'll be fucked if I'm putting up with that again
>Fucking nightmare

He's in for a wild ride.
>>
>>2311197
Are you allowed to like notify an animal care service or something like that, that he is unfit to be a dog owner?
>>
>>2311207
I could but it wouldn't do much good.
There would have to be evidence of actual abuse, like the dog not getting enough food/water or it being kept in a tiny cage or something.
But he is just unwittingly shit at taking care of animals, he had a hamster once but it died because he put it in a hamster ball and and then forgot about it until it starved to death.
>>
>>2310379
>When he realises hes out of his depth in two weeks I'll offer to take it in.
That'd be best. I have what collie x gsd. Easy af to train and great with people, but I raised her correctly since a pup. Biting is a serious issue; she used to nip as pup, which I had to purposefully train out. Could be a great doggie, but she might grow all retarded under your friend's ``care''.

At the very least, hopefully he develops some disdain sexy, sassy work dogs. Your hamster story makes it sound like he can't even take care of breeds/cats better suited to lazy/unavailable people.
>>
>>2311197
This poor puppy. I really hope he just gives up and lets you take it to either keep or rehome it.
>>
>>2311236
It sounds like his friend is both retarded and stubborn, meaning that the poor animal will have to grow up in that terrible home.
>>
>>2311243
It's so sad. The breeds that it's a mix of are both intelligent and make for energetic, clever, and fun companions. If this dog stays in this environment, it's going to grow destructive and possibly even aggressive.
>>
>>2311236
Maybe pretty soon.
He called me to complain that it was pissing and shitting everywhere and asked me how to toilet train it. When I explained he complained again about how much effort that was but said he would do it, only time will tell.
>>
>>2310626
>150 for a mutt
Does he know about animal shelters?
>>
>>2311525
The only dogs in those around here are pitbulls put there because of their viciousness, [spoiler]although looking now they have some nice snakes and turtles too[/spoiler], and he wanted a qt pup..
>>
>>2311734
Some shelters have foster programs, which can have higher quality doggies. The foster parents also reserve the right to reject me, apparently. It's how I got my ~6mo pupper for like 40 bucks with the works -- jackpot.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.