[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend's cat just had a seizure, and they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (116KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 700x1050px
My friend's cat just had a seizure, and they don't have enough money to take her to the vet.
Before the seizure, the cat stated yowling and ran all around the house, before flipping on its back and seizing up. The seizure lasted for less than 5 minutes, and the cat was acting dazed afterwards.

Is this life threatening? Is medication needed?
>>
File: 1485176305600.jpg (56KB, 514x432px) Image search: [Google]
1485176305600.jpg
56KB, 514x432px
>>2308840
>owns pet
>has no money for vet
>>
>>2308840
>>2308847
Cat owners everyone
>>
>my friend's cat

a shitty cat owner and a liar

what a treat
>>
>>2308840
Potentially, and yes.
>>
>>2308874
lol i've met so many dog owners who are poor as shit and can't pay for good dog food let alone the vet

don't pull that crap
>>
>>2308847
They were not as down-on-their-luck a couple years ago when they bought the cat

>>2308894
It's legitimately my friend's cat. I've got enough shekels to take my cats to the vet.
>>
File: 2005_07_21_shrek_cat1.jpg (24KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
2005_07_21_shrek_cat1.jpg
24KB, 430x373px
>>2308840

That cat have epilepsy.
It will be the vet's cash cow. Either let the cat deal with it the best it can, or spend a fortune to limit the seizures with expensive medication for the rest of it's life. There is always 3rd, more grim option...
>>
It's POSSIBLE that this was a one-off thing. Put it somewhere dark and quiet. It might be confused and it could bite or otherwise attack. Don't let it get out of the house. It should start to behave normally again within a couple of hours. If it doesn't, it's vet time. If it has a second seizure, it is vet time IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>2308926
If you have enough shekels go with your friend to the vet. Give them a loan.

You can call before hand to get an estimate. Low cost vet treatment centers exist; it does take some researching. Those kinds of s/s deserve a vet visit.
>>
>>2308950
Did a bit of reeding on the subject. It seems that, if the cat does have epilepsy, it's a very minor form (since the seizure was so small).

>>2309054
Thanks anon. Definitely gonna tell them to keep an eye out for the second seizure.

>>2309057
Made friends with her through the internet. Don't know where she lives, don't know how to send money to her, and we're not nearly close enough for it not to seem awkward.
>>
File: assistance.png (796KB, 700x911px) Image search: [Google]
assistance.png
796KB, 700x911px
>>2309062
Send money via PayPal. Sorry if it's life isn't as important as you being embarrassed.
>>
>>2308840
my cat started having seizures and lasted a few years. She was an outside cat and had contracted feline leukemia :(

If it's an indoor cat that doesn't share food or water with any other outdoor cats she doesn't have that
>>
>>2308840
Seizing cats are Gods way of assuring you that he has a sense of humor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.