[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did y'all handle spaying without the dog tearing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170121_141504.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170121_141504.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
How did y'all handle spaying without the dog tearing up its wound? She isn't biting it, just way too hyper.

It's a brother sister duo that always play together, and after the first day of play the wound opened up. Went back to get sutures and try keeping them in different rooms. Now BOTH are super high strung and nervous because they can hear the other howling in the other room, which just makes a domino effect.

They went from good training back to neurotic chewing and barking from the stress. It's nuts man.

Is it best to wait it out? I've gotten a heap ton of new toys and Kong fillers but it's not doing much.
>>
File: Dug-and-Cone.jpg (30KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
Dug-and-Cone.jpg
30KB, 400x312px
Mine had a cone for .... uhhh... like 7-10 days. She broke it a day before they said to take it off. I think they prescribed meds too. The sutures were the dissolving type. They also gave her a belly tattoo to indicate she was spayed.

I imagine two dogs would make the situation a little more crazy, and I'm not going to pretend to have any advice on that. Did they give you meds?

I 100% love kongs though, they're awesome for keeping my dog occupied as needed.
>>
Benadryl?
>>
HIGH ENERGY
>>
>>2308467
They gave her meds for pain. Now that you mention the cone... I wonder if I could put a cone on each of them when they are together. Maybe that would disrupt them from wrestling.
>>
File: cone pls go.jpg (116KB, 976x641px) Image search: [Google]
cone pls go.jpg
116KB, 976x641px
Brutus had the cone and it kept her from doing much, she was pretty bummed about it.

Only bad thing about it was that it was last winter, so whenever she was outside she'd constantly be scooping up snow into it. It was pretty annoying.
>>
>>2308516
bad dog
>>
>>2308516
Id fuck brutus
>>
File: IMG_20170117_112703263.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_112703263.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>2308439
My male had 1 ball in his abdomin so hes got a big scar. It's been like 3 weeks. He wears a cone and vests, will not leave it alone.

Also this happened, which had to be burst and left a big hole.
>>
>>2308439

Boxer shorts with suspenders to her collar. Fuck those cone things. Those are animal abuse, I swear.

Low energy breed, though. Probably too big to reach the wound even if she wanted.
>>
I have no idea, anon. I've only ever had males, and the testes descended properly in both dogs so they were routine neuters with the stitches out a week later no difficulty.

I'd maybe suggest sticking her in a play pen or something? Just something she can't jump out of, where she'll be in the same room as her buddy, but have limited movement and no actual access?

I can tell you all about caring for stitches in the mouth, but not abdominal stitches.
>>
My girl was spayed 4 days ago. She reacted badly to the cone and was injuring herself so we removed it. The vet said if we had a Tshirt large enough we could put it on her and use a hair tie on the back to keep it tight over her incision. Though on the second day she went to chew it and I guess hurt herself because she screamed. She hasn't touched her stitches since. The biggest issue I have now is that it has rained nonstop and she immediately flops in the mud every time I take her out to pee. I'm really worried that it's going to get infected.
>>
>>2310954
Put her on a leash and let her free on nonmudded grass on concrete
>>
>>2310960
*let her pee
>>
This is why pain pills are bad for them, if it hurts they won't do stupid things like tear open wounds.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.