[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/ I was wondering if any dog owners here regret having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hi /an/
I was wondering if any dog owners here regret having a dog.

Okay, it's cute and fun and lovely, I love dogs.
But I cannot picture myself owning one.
All the troubles behind it.
You have to take it for a walk everyday, even with snow or rain. You have to pick up his poop. You have to hide every food you have in your appartement. You have to feed him daily so you cannot be away from your home one night without planning it. It's a problem when you go on vacation (give it to someone or take it with you with all the precautions)... And of course it takes money and time (vet + food + accessories + potentials damages in your home).
How do you deal with all of that?
Did you regret, even only one time that you had a dog?

>same for cat owners, even if it's less trouble I think
>sorry if my english burn your eyes
>>
>>2307426
>You have to take it for a walk everyday, even with snow or rain.

Or just play fetch rigorously.

>You have to pick up his poop.

Only if you're a city fag and don't own land.
>>
>>2307426
>You have to take it for a walk everyday, even with snow or rain
This isn't really a bad thing. Having a dog helped me become more physically active
>You have to pick up his poop
Not really an issue. It takes 1 second
>You have to hide every food you have in your appartement
Not true. Only an untrained dog would steal food
>You have to feed him daily so you cannot be away from your home one night without planning it
This is true but its not hard to ask a friend to drop by and let him out to pee and feed him. Worst case scenario, he has to go without food for a night - he wont die or anything
>It's a problem when you go on vacation (give it to someone or take it with you with all the precautions)
Again, you can leave the dog home and just ask a friend/neighbour/relative to drop by twice a day to feed and walk it if you're really unable to find a place to board him.

Owning a dog is definitely a commitment and you might have to revolve your lifestyle around it, to a certain extent. But ultimately, the companionship and love you get in return makes all of the hard parts worth it.
>>
>>2307436
Thanks for that answer. But, did you ever regretted it? Owning a dog?
I just cannot imagine that some day I will not be tired to take him out, to have him wake up one morning, or just tired of his presence. I don't want to be the awful guy, but that's my thinking. Damn, I have the same feeling about moving with my girlfriend
>>
Maybe because I've never not had a dog but nah, not me. I wouldn't have a puppy again, though. I just don't like taking care of puppies.

Cleaning up after my dogs and feeding them maybe takes minutes. Walking my dogs is nothing because I walk and hike anyway, and even if I don't get around to hours a day with them every day they don't turn into monsters. As for leaving, I can just get a friend or neighbor to watch them. Same goes for cats. All I've ended has been a breeze.

Only thing that is an inconvenience to me is random unexpected vet visits and bills. Doesn't happen often at all and I do have a sum saved up for vet bills.

I have yet to have one of those dogs you need to rigorously excerise for 4+ hours a day. One of my mutts is high energy but she is well behaved and will wait til it's time for walks and play so she can get it all out.
>>
>>2307443
I haven't really regretted getting him. I love having my dog around! He's goofy and cuddly, and I love going on adventures with him. I have missed going on a last minute trip with friends because i couldn't get someone to watch him in time, but that's about the extent of my regret I think.

It's not awful of you to imagine getting sick of him, pets aren't for everyone.

Dogs > Girlfriends tho m8
>>
I can't imagine owning a dog unless I was retired, they need constant supervision.

Dog owners must have disorganised lives in some way, something has to give (personal hygiene, getting oddjobs done, financial planning).

A cat all you have to do is put food out.
>>
I stayed in this family's basement when I was homeless and all four of their dogs were so damned loud. I don't know if dogs all bark like this but it was deafening. They also kept all their cats in the basement and I became attached and ended up taking care of them. But the dogs were OK, just smelly and loud and I had to stand outside and make sure they deficated before being let back in. And they smelled bad.
>>
File: mepris.jpg (44KB, 267x869px) Image search: [Google]
mepris.jpg
44KB, 267x869px
>>2307475
what
>>
>>2307426
I have bursts of I guess wishing I didn't have a dog, like if it pukes on the carpet and I accidentally step in it because I'm waking up at 5 am to try and tire the dog out before work. Or when I'm trying to leave for a week and have to find and pay someone to watch the dog. But then when I'm away I miss the fuck out of my dog and just want to go back home.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.