[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/ I got given a doggy like pic related as a gift. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Microbe.jpg (35KB, 422x522px) Image search: [Google]
Microbe.jpg
35KB, 422x522px
Hi /an/

I got given a doggy like pic related as a gift. I've had it for a few hours now
It's 1 month old and pure bred. I got my previous dog when it was 6 months old and he wasn't pure bred and a bigger size (20kgish), The race had a lot of health problems and died at age 6 due to it, left me heart broken.
I don't have a lot of experience with young puppies and small sizes so I'm coming to you for advices.

What should I feed it? I gave it some milk and chicken for now.
How big should the portions be?
Does this race have a lot of health problems? I don't want to experience it again, having to bring it to the vet every month and wondering if this time he will die ;_;
Is it okay to bring it outside right now? There's lot of wind where I live, no snow but the temperature are negatives (-5° on average)
And I noticed earlier the doggy was shivering because it was cold.
Are they smart? I want to teach it some cool tricks.
Do they bark a lot and are they easily scared?

Thanks anons!
>>
>1 month old

Where is the mother? It's not old enough to be away from its mom. Give it back.

Otherwise take it to the vet. They'll give you advice on how to feed it and what supplemental nutrients it needs since your shitty friends took the dog before it was properly developed.
>>
>>2307298
Damn, really?
I can't give it back, they brought it from somewhere really far. I believe it also wasn't the only pupper they gave away. My friend isn't at fault, the owner of the dogs are but it's too late now.
Well I will take it to the vet but tomorrow is Sunday so it's closed and wanted tohave a few advices until then. Thanks anyway anon
>>
File: 1447451579098.gif (1MB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
1447451579098.gif
1MB, 200x188px
>giving a pet as a gift when the owner has no forewarning or chance to prepare for the responsibilities of owning a pet
>giving a one month old dog as a gift that shouldn't even be separated from its mother

i cant even
>>
>>2307303
But I was aware I would be given a cute doggy. It just was supposed to be in Feb/March, not so soon. Once again I don't think my friend is aware 1 month is too young (I wasn't aware either until now) the person selling it is at fault but then again what is done is done and I can't return it.
>>
Fucks sake OP, do not give the dog milk. Buy some puppy food.
>>
Bring it out to potty once an hour but don't leave it out at that cold at that age. Once it is 2 months old it can hold it for 2 hours, 3 at 3 months, etc. as a general rule until 8 since you shouldn't make them hold it for longer than 8 hours.

Yorkies can be smart dogs but you have to train them and treat them like actual dogs, not accessories. They are yappy dogs unfortunately which is extremely hard if not impossible to train out of them.
>>
>>2307306
I got it at 8 pm (it's 11pm right now) stores closed. Tomorrow they're closed too that's why I came to /an/ for advices, no bully.
Thank you for the advice. Any tip for the nights? He was peeing a lot earlier, 4 times in a hour and it's been asleep ever since.
>>
>>2307305
You and your friend should have done the proper research before getting the dog. Grow up and learn to take responsibility for your life
>>
>>2307307
Oopsie, forgot to quote you.
>>2307312
Fuck man, I didn't know the dog was going to be 1 month old, I'm trying my best to give it a nice home now and I can't ask the vet for advice because it's closed.
>>
>>2307311
Set an alarm once an hour or so and take him out
>>
Everything is wrong with this but the most important thing you need to do is take it to a vet as soon as you can when they're open. Chances are it already has or can get parvo, and that will kill it very quickly and horribly.
>>
>>2307315
That might be a little hard but I'll do my best.
Do you know when I should give him water? He won't go for it alone for now, he's a little scared.I hope after spending the night he'll be more confident
>>
>>2307317
Monday morning I will, can't do any better.
I really hope the doggo will be fine until then.
>>
>>2307307
This rule DOES include overnight by the way. Otherwise it will shit/piss itself. Have fun with that. It takes me 15 minutes just to fall back to sleep.
>>
maybe get some puppy formula milk? just keep it in a warm place and feed it often. try to monitor it constantly or very often. poor little pupper, hope all goes well op.
>>
>>2307311
All the stores are closed on Sunday? Where do you live? You need to at least go to a pet store to get some high-cal young puppy paste food.
>>
>>2307322
Got it, thanks. Do I wake him up to go out or let it sleep?
>>2307332
I will as soon as I can, thanks for the advice.
>>2307334
France, almost everything is closed on Sundays
>>
>>2307339
Ok, you need to start making calls and finding out what is open that will help you. Surely some vet is open. Dogs don't just wait until Monday to die.

Find a store that sells dog food too. Get a puppy kibble and wet it with warm water so it gets mushy. Get a milk replacer too.

If literally nothing is open, feed the puppy some over cooked oatmeal and chicken broth mixed in until you can get to the vet. Feed it as frequently as it'll eat. It's a small breed and a young one at that, they can quickly get hypoglycemic if they don't eat enough.
>>
OP Please, tell your friend that what they did was ABSOLUTELY irresponsible and shitty, so that they never do anything like this again.
Randomly giving someone a suprise 1 month old dog, without anything for it including the special food it needs, when stores are closed for the next few days. Holy christ I would punch them so hard.
>>
>>2307318
The dog should ALWAYS have access to fresh water
>>
OP here, thanks to everyone for the advices you have given me.
The puppy spent the night easily and he was very energetic.
But I have decided to hand it over to someone much more experienced (has worked in the vet field) and they were very happy to have it. I know it will be well raisen and given a proper education. Also he seems to really like the puppy food they fed him. (Real puppy food kek) Don't need to worry anymore, thanks /an/
>>
Tomorrow go to a farmacy and buy formula milk for puppies, give him like 4-5 times a day abottke (follow the instructions that come with the milk to know how much to give him) and you can start puppy food with water to make it soft(really soft) also, just a hand of it to start, he never had before I think but give him good stuff not supermarket stuff. Give him puppy milk for 2-3 weeks and increase the puppy food with water little by little. Also keep it warm or he could die. It's normal that for the first 2 days or so he's lost, keep the water bowl near him. And for you sake you say he is pure bred but it's illegal to sell a month old puppy and you don't have and pedigree or any paper so you don't know if it's pure breed
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.