[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking hell I forgot to feed my turtle for 5 days, shes still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1482009465729.png (372KB, 628x719px) Image search: [Google]
1482009465729.png
372KB, 628x719px
Fucking hell I forgot to feed my turtle for 5 days, shes still alive and ate again, but shes very weak. I have three pets and shes the only one I forgot

Shoot me /an/
>>
Heh, time to watch these people's heads explode.
>>
>>2299759
I would if I could. This is absolutely problematic and triggering.
>>
I sometimes have nightmares where I'd find a pet (sometimes an animal I've never had, sometimes it's a pet I've had that died, has never been a pet I currently have) I've forgotten or never knew I had, and is starving and dying, and the rest of the dream is me scrambling to care for it and nurse it back to health.

I don't understand how someone can just forget about feeding an animal for nearly a week. Maybe if they were hoarding, but you only have 3 pets. I can see if it was about procrastinating cleaning or something, or you didn't have the money, or it was only a day. but you just forgot about it's existence. How the fuck do you manage that?
>>
>>2299769
It was 5 days I had off, the turtle is kept outside unlike my bearded dragon and cat. I played vidya and forgot like a dumbass
>>
I hope this is the first time you forgot because that's incredibly pathetic if it's a reoccurring thing.

I've heard turtles can deal up to a week without food but it shouldn't even be up to that point every time
>>
>>2299787
Turtles can deal with way more than a week without food. 5 days should not cause issues like what OP is mentioning. Whats the setup like?
>>
>>2299797
She was swimming shortly after eating, I had just woken her up to feed her at 6 am

I guess she was sleepy and I was just projecting
>>
>>2299769
Holy shit, I have those dreams too
Glad to know I'm not the only one
>>
>>2299769
>>2299802
I used to get them at least once a week when I had constant night terror and sleep paralysis issues. The ones with a past pet was always the worse and those were always the most graphic.
>>
File: doge.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>2299782
There really is no excuse for that. If you recently got the turtle, that says a lot about how quickly you forgot about it. If you had it for a long time how can you forget for a whole week your feeding routine?

Now tell us what games you were playing so we can determine how much of a degenerate autist you are.
>>
>>2299815
The fact that he didn't lave his house for five days to answer that. Maximum.
>>
>>2299782
If it's a slider, then grow water plants by the fuckton. anachrias, water hyacyinth, pistia, wolfia, even duckweed.
>>
>>2299802
Same.

If any of you have read Stephen King's The Stand, there's a flashback in it that really tugs at that horrible feeling. A character has a pet rabbit as a kid and his dad won't let him keep it in the house, so he keeps it in a hot shed and ends up forgetting to feed it. He remembers it and panickedly runs to the shed, where the rabbit has died and it's feet are shredded from both trying to get out of the cage and trying not to starve.

Only time reading a book ever made me feel physically sick. Not from a gory description, but from just a terrible feeling. I realized the feeling felt so familiar was because of those awful dreams, because I couldn't remember a time when I'd ever truly neglected a pet but I knew that awful feeling so well from dreams it felt like I did anyway.
>>
>>2299769
I have similar dreams but I kind of feel something is wrong and that the pet is supposed to be dead a long time ago, if it is an actual pet I owned.

And pets breeding uncontrollably and starving in my care like rats or insects.
>>
ITT OPs a fag
Nothing new here.
>>
>>2299759
how big is the turtle buddy? what do you feed it?

I'm going to be straight with you. I had 2 baby common snappers. you want to know how often I fed them? once every 5-8 days. they would get 5 small goldfish. didn't last them longer then a couple hours. at the end of a year they were four or 5 times their birth size. I have it on good authority, if you're feeding your turtle the right food stuffs, you don't need to feed it more frequently then every 3 days at the minimum. they'll eat every day, sure, but that's how you get an obese turtle. good luck to you though op. but the little shit should be fine.
>>
>>2299817
>>2299797
these guys are the ones to listen to. the others have never had a turtle. turtles are hardy as fuck and eat anything that enters their water. sure, you didn't feed the little fella in a few days, but I'm sure they ate a whole shitload of water logged bugs.
>>
>>2299815
OP sounds like a Mexican DOTA 2 player.

>>2299851
Sometimes if the pet is one that died, I will remember that I THOUGHT it died, but obviously it didn't because there it is in the flesh. I get that so much with my childhood cat because my mother had it euthanized behind everyone's back, so there is a chance that my cat wasn't put down and was a stray 27 year old cat, Because I never saw him actually dead.

Then though, mainly with that cat, he looks fucking terrible and remembering he's nearing 30 and missing a leg and only has 2 teeth, there's an odd mix of pure joy to see him alive again but also he looks so pathetic and full of agony that I wish he died. And of course overwhelming guilt that 1) I forgot him and 2) I let him get in this bad shape
>>
>>2299769
I used to have recurring nightmares about finding neglected tanks full of dead and dismembered African Clawed Frogs hidden around my house.

I've never even had an African Clawed Frog.
>>
At first I wanted to suggest you to get a feeder, but I realize that you would forget to refill it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.