[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My pet rabbit likes to go machspeed in his cage and run in circles.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: _20170112_103134.jpg (186KB, 1080x1053px) Image search: [Google]
_20170112_103134.jpg
186KB, 1080x1053px
My pet rabbit likes to go machspeed in his cage and run in circles. This kicks up a lot of bedding and fecal pellets that end up on the floor. Anyone have a solution for this? I imagine people with guinea pigs and the like have experienced similar issues.
>>
buy a smaller, non wire frame cage with no holes and no space for your bunner to even move. duh. are you dumb op?
>>
>>2296635
>No space to move
I don't want to coop up the rabbit more than I already am leaving him in a cage
>>
>>2296638
>I already am leaving him in a cage
Exactly. That's the problem. Rabbits need more exercising and exploring area than a dinky little wire cage with wood chips bedding could provide. Many people today concert an effort to litterbox train their rabbits so they can just roam around. If not, try dedicating a room or part of a room fenced off for him to run around in.

What's he going to do, just sit there all day? Take time and let him exercise at least 1 time every day for a few hours

And stop using wood chips bedding, that shit is cancer
>>
>>2296633
I just keep my rabbit outside. They do fine out there.
>>
>>2296650
That would be ideal but I love in Ohio and it gets deathly cold out there
>>
>>2296658
just fence off a bunn-safe area in your house, ya dingus
>>
>>2296650
>>2296660
Buying a large play pen now, thanks guys!
>>
>>2296663
nice to see you're taking the right steps for your bun

listen to the other anon and get rid of the wood chips too

ripped up newspaper is fine, and nearly free
>>
>>2296633
Your bunno needs more excercise time.

Mine free roams the top part of the house and he goes mental twice a day, morning and night. Zips around like a bullet.
>>
>I'm confining an extremely active young animal to a horrifically inappropriate cage. Why is he showing signs of developing repetitive tics as a response to me taking terrible care of him? This always happens when I trap animals in small, barren cages and I'm not sure what's wrong.
Seriously, what the fuck is with rabbitfags and doing absolutely no research on the pets they own? How did you not realize that the cage you have is terrible? Did you think he was having a nice life with absolutely nothing to do?
>>
>>2296633
I have mine in a pen with all his needs in my living room, since I have the floor space for it. I bought a cheap rug to place under his cage to dampen the the noise he makes, since he used to pick up the cage and drop it on the floor, but it's worked great.

Since rabbits are very easy to litter train, it's just a simple case of putting food / water / hay in a section, a litter box in another part, and he has lots of room to exercise or relax in.
>>
>>2297335
The average small mammal owner is a complete fucking retard. OP probably also feeds the store bought pellets. Keeping a bunny alone is also shitty.
>>
>>2298842
>b-but the pet store told me they don't need friends!
>Neuter a rabbit? Are you nuts?
>but the package says it's veterinarian recommended! Why would I pay extra for hay?
>>
Post more pics of bun plz
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.