[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things puppy need to learn through supervision/training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

What are some things puppy need to learn through supervision/training before it's too late? Will they learn better as they get older or will they become too stubborn?

Pic related: my 3 month old Basset Hound. Pissed on the stairs for the 3rd time. I think he's trying to kill me.
>>
Never too late to train a dog but it gets harder if you allow habits to set in

Take him outside to relieve himself and praise/treat him.

Or use disposable pads.
>>
>>2295773
Don't fucking use pads.

You will train your dog it's okay to shit inside.

Then when you get pissy that it's shitting inside, it won't understand why.

I swear to god, whoever invented and pushed pads for puppy training should be shot.
>>
>>2295793

You don't know how to use it then.

My dog pisses and shits on the pad everytime. If there's no pad he won't do it unless he can't hold it in which is why I frequently take him out to the yard a few times each day.

The pad helps when I'm not there for the rest of the day.
>>
>>2295617
shove it in a crate for 18 hours a day as crates are naturally occurring things that puppies gravitate to...well at least that's the consensus on an
>>
>>2295797
>The pad helps when I'm not there for the rest of the day.

See, most people don't like to have shit and piss sitting around in their home. That's why we train dogs to go outside.
>>
Socialization is important to do as a puppy. expose him to as many different people, animals, sounds, sights etc. as you can. That will help greatly to reduce the change to future behavioural problems.

It's also good to let the puppy get used to "medical procedures". so let him get used to things like nail trimming and checking ears and teeth. That will save you a lot of fuss later on.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.