[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever owned one of these guys? Are italian greyhounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Has anyone ever owned one of these guys? Are italian greyhounds the true patrician breed?
>>
As puppies they can be spazzy and piss everywhere since their bladders are teeny tiny. Moreso than other breeds. Not patrician. Annoying tho.
>>
They're actually pretty good dogs if you put the time in from a puppy.
If you give them 2-3 good runs a week they'll be happy couch doggos the rest of the time.
>>
>>2295607
The ones I have known are super sweet. Little dogs like this can be hard to potty train tho and even years later might sneak off to pee in the house if they think they can get away with it.
>>
>>2295607
I was seriously interested in these guys and talked to a rescue about them. They can be very fragile especially in old age, which didn't turn me off until I read stories of people's dogs climbing up a couch and jumping off and hurting themselves. They are also unfortunately known for their bladder problems. It's nothing that can be fixed, they just need to pee often. They also sometimes don't like to walk on grass, not sure if it's a breed thing, something to do with their structure, or individual grass allergies

When I was looking at their dogs, I asked why so many of them had only a few teeth or were missing eyes. Apparently teeth problems are common in this breed, as are eye issues that result in blindness or removal. In my own research, I've found that IGs are extremely common in puppy mills as they are small, 'rare', exotic and expensive. If you plan to pay a breeder for one, make sure it's a reputable breeder. Chances are, BYB's breeding stock would come from puppy mill lines, which leads to terrible genes for a dog that is already prone to a lot of stuff.
>>
>>2295842
I've been looking at a breeder who's recognized on the Canadian kennel club's website, so I'm hoping they're legit.
>>
>>2296340
Gotta ask for those health records man. They should have something in the contract to compensate you if your animal gets a genetic issue. If said contract only last a year, don't even Fucking bother. Even puppy mill pups don't show signs of hereditary issues that soon.

And it's not so much to actually compensate you, it's more of a guarantee that the dog is actually well bred and healthy, because otherwise the breeder is out a few hundred more dollars.
>>
>>2295607
Little too fragile, I think the whippet is a good alternative with fewer problems
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.