[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, /g/entooman here, and I have a question. I saw a video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: goldeneaglephoto4.jpg (42KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
goldeneaglephoto4.jpg
42KB, 640x378px
Hey /an/, /g/entooman here, and I have a question. I saw a video where where hunters use eagles to take down pray including wolves. I've also seen them take down small deer and other animes you'd think can do a lot of damage to a bird and I wonder how that is possible. What tools does an eagle have to allow them to kill powerful prey the way they do? You would think the trashing of a muscular deer is something that could easily damage a bird yet eagles dispatch their prey with surprising quickness. How do they do this? What am I missing?
>>
>>2295537
Their feet are incredibly strong, and they wear their prey down by their lung piercing grip as they tear their throats open with sharp beaks.
There is little harm a deer and fox can do with those talons digging in their neck, the eagle a safe distance away from teeth or hooves.
>>
File: Oit51gy.jpg (482KB, 1944x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Oit51gy.jpg
482KB, 1944x2480px
>>2295537
getting these rammed into your flesh at high speed doesn't really allow for much of a counterattack
>>
>>2295558
tuck and roll
>>
>>2295550
One of the reasons birds are believed to have won out over pterosaurs is that their wings are much more resistant to damage. The bulk of the wing is feathers, the actual flesh itself comprises a very small area. These feathers can be ruffled, bent, crushed, broken, and the wings still function perfectly well. Broken feathers can then be molted and replaced for a return to complete functionality.

Very different story if a membranous wing is punctured.
>>
>>2295537
it's a combination of speed and eagles having really good eye-sight to target weak spots. it doesn't matter for shit how buff you are if something is coming for your throat at nigh-on terminal velocity.
>>
>>2295572
That's pretty interesting! Probably true as well.
>>
>>2295572
That isn't why at all, pterosaurs went extinct because they all happened to be huge at the wrong time. If there had been smaller species at the time they'd likely still be around.
>>
>>2295766
There were Pterosaurs of all shapes and sizes, by the end of the Cretaceous, the only members left were the gigantic Azhdarchids because birds had out competed all the smaller ones.
>>
>>2295560
that might work, but deer and wolves aren't smart enough to come up with something like that
>>
From what i've seen the bird just catches the animal while the hunter runs up and deals the finishing blow. I would be concerned about the bird being injured, they are very lightweight and frail compared to a similarly sized mammal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.