[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, I know this isn't WebMD for animals, but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 20170110_012434.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
20170110_012434.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /an/, I know this isn't WebMD for animals, but I can't find any results on Google that help me out here.

Earlier in the week these dark spots showed up on my cat's anus. They don't seem to bother her, but they seem to be getting slightly larger as time goes by. They protrude outward slightly and look like scabs. I've tried to Google up what it may be, and the closest I've been able to figure out is that it may be something up with her anal glands, but I can't find any images that look like this and there is no odor involved.

Can anyone throw me a bone on what might be the cause? I'd appreciate it.
>>
Try putting your dick in it.
>>
Definite anal gland inflammation. Take him to the vet. Does he show a lot of pain when pooping? Kinda hangs out in the litter box and then paces a bit? Do you feed him dry food? They look like they may be impacted. You can empty them yourself at home, but I would definitely take him to a vet first because you don't want to hurt him if they're stopped up.
I'm addicted to these videos, by the way. They're better than zit popping videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzJ4jSXd1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8jM6Ai6piI
>>
File: 20170105_175023.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
20170105_175023.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2295424

Thank you for the quick reply!

She does eat dry food, yes. She doesn't seem to show any more discomfort while using the bathroom than normal (she's always been a bit of a weirdo around her litter box) and the area around them doesn't look inflamed. She's never seemed to show that it was bothering her. Admittedly, however, I'm not keen on the signs to be watching out for. She's actually the first cat I've had.

I'd rather get a vet to help her if at all possible. I'm not confident in my ability on something like this and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Photo included of her that's much more flattering.
>>
jumping in on this thread, my kitten is teary and occasionally sneezes. Just a cold (summer here) or should I take him to a vet?
>>
File: 20170111_080022.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_080022.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2295425

To follow up; it was, in fact, impacted glands. Aside from an ingrown hair on her belly that I had been thinking was a weird nipple for a while, the doctor gave her a completely clean bill of health. A little chubby, but I'm working on that with a bit less food and more exercise.

>>2295968

I've read that unless there's a discharge when they sneeze that they likely just have a cold. But as I've already proven in this thread, I'm no vet.
>>
>>2295997
hmm there definitely was mucus
>>
>>2296041

I'd say it wouldn't hurt to take him to the vet just to be sure. It could be something like a sinus infection. If nothing else, just for peace of mind.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.