[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I got about making sure my dog is cared for bathroom-wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: corlic.png (730KB, 600x692px) Image search: [Google]
corlic.png
730KB, 600x692px
How can I got about making sure my dog is cared for bathroom-wise while I am at work? I'm scheduled to go pick up my new pupper in two weeks, but I live in an apartment and I typically work 12-13 hours a day 3-4 days a week. I can take him out before and after work, but what can I do during those 12 hours I'm gone? I grew up around dogs (GSDs and Bassetts) and cats all my life, but no family and apartment living is something new. Puppy pads seem like one solution but I can't help but wonder if there is something else I could do.
>>
get someone else to take him out.

i hope you're not getting a puppy.
>>
>>2295052
Bring it to a guy who has dogs. Your neighbours. There's also places that basically function as a "dog kindergarten", there you can bring him as well.

Having said that, it seems mental to think of this NOW. Even moreso, it also seems kind of irresponsible.
Jesus fucking Christ, mate, I don't even have a dog and know this shit.
>>
>>2295060
>Only NEETS and stay at home mom households should have dogs, much less puppies

I want you to kill yourself. I want you to go out, buy a rope, knot it up, put it around your neck, and kick the stool.
>>
As long as you're not crating, you can train him to use an indoor washroom pad. The only issue is he might stop asking to go outside when he needs to do his business even when you're home, in favour of doing it on the pad. Of course this is barely and issue with small dogs as its basically a litterbox at that point but big dogs will need you to layer and spread out a few pads or they'll quickly start making a mess.

Sidenote: When my GSD was a few weeks old she'd wake me up every two hours or so at night to go pee, I eventually put out a pad which she'd use but would pee right on the fucking edge
>>
>>2295067
stop acting so entitled with your god damn strawman. Not everyone is in a situation suitable for a puppy which is literally an infant. Leaving them alone for 12 hours is one of those situations. Idiots like you who think it's okay to just get a puppy regardless of how well you can care for them and inevitably fucking up are why there are so many adult dogs in shelters. kys

also expecting any dog to hold their bladder for 12 hours is a shitty thing to do. puppy pads are an option but really really not ideal because you're teaching the dog that shitting inside is okay, which is going to be extremely confusing for them when they get older and you start getting pissed at them for doing the exact same thing they did when they were little and got praised for. I've seen so many dogs who were never able to be completely potty trained because the owner lived an appartment and thought puppy pads were a good idea. Pro tip: they're not.

If OP really is insisting on having a dog then really the only smart option would be getting someone who can take the dog out while he's at work, or doggy daycare. Both have upsides and downsides but really that's it.
>>
Unless you live in buttfuck nowhere then there's services where you live with people who go out with your dog for you. Or just find a local dog group on Facebook or something and see if you can pay some kid a few bucks to do it for you
>>
>>2295052
you should not be getting a fucking dog

alternatively, hire someone to take him/her out midway through the day
>>
>>2295113
>You shouldn't be getting a dog if you have a job

Mm'kay
>>
>>2295113
>>2295060
>You have a job? You work for a living? You're not fit to own a dog

And yet the employed are more capable of providing for the dog. Funny how that works.
>>
>>2295122
Literally no one said this.

You, who works 12-13 hours, who lives alone in an apartment, and who only had the mental capacity to just now ponder what the fuck the dog is supposed to do about his bladder while you're gone, should not get a dog. You personally.
>>
File: 1478321071174.png (31KB, 365x403px) Image search: [Google]
1478321071174.png
31KB, 365x403px
>>2295186
Yea, this is kind of a situation where you shouldn't have a dog. You have an apartment and work full time. This isn't going to work well. Expect separation anxiety, which will mean destructive behaviour. Expect barking, which will mean noise complaints. Expect urine and poop stains, which may affect you deposit. Expect vet bills when your dog gets stomach obstructions chewing on things since he will be alone so often.

If you are scheduled to pick him up, that sounds very likely to be a puppy. Don't do this man. Wait till you got a girlfriend, or rent a house with a backyard and doggy door.
>>
>>2295149
All the money in the world doesn't mean shit if you're too busy to take care of the fucking dog.
>>
>>2295079
Tl;Dr anyways I'm basically this guy and want to get a dog(preferably puppy) but I'm afraid with work and all he'll get lonely. I told/asked a friend and his gf, who have 3 dogs and they went silent. I feel they got defensive or something. But I'm genuinely concerned
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
ITT:
>OP asks for toileting advice while working like a normal person
>responses in typical /an/ fashion: "NO ONE SHOULD OWN AN ANIMAL UNLESS THEY STAY HOME 23 HOURS A DAY AND LIVE LIKE A SHUT-IN LIKE MEEEE REEEEEE"

/an/ is full of cat ladies, shut-ins, NEETs, and hoarders so never expect anything good to come out of advice threads. Absolutely embarrassing.
>>
>>2295280
Normal people don't work 12 hour shifts every week or get puppies they have no interest in seeing or taking care of half the week
>>
>>2295280
Again, literally no one said this.

A dog, especially a puppy, can't hold his bladder for 12 hours. A person working 8 hours, or who comes home for lunch, or who can afford a dog walker or dog daycare, can obviously own a dog.

It's chucklefucks who come in here saying they want a puppy when they don't actually have or won't make the time for it like OP who shouldn't own fucking dogs.

Maybe OP only works those long-ass shifts a few days a week. But he's asking "hurr what do I do to make dog not pee for 13 hours" and ignoring the actual options of a dog walker, getting a friend or family member to walk it, daycare, or just, you know, not getting a fucking dog
>>
>>2295052
i love your photo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.